• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PUERTO GALERA PHILIPPINES: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN If a veteran SDer!)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hello Puerto Galara (PG) Philippines Trip Goers!!! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better before showing up to dive together! Not that divers really need many introductions but one of the really cool things about our group is we do get to know each other a bit before meeting in person! And its so much fun to say "Oh you are WreckWench or You are resqdew!"

So please take a minute to share a little about yourself!  :thankyou: Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hi I'm Kamala aka WreckWench!  I found the club by 'founding' the club! :lol: Ok so I won't quit the day job to become a stand up or sit down comic! ;)

I've been diving since 1994 and have become addicted to scuba so much so that I quit my day job to become a scuba bum full time.  Now I mainline diving as often as I can and love meeting fellow divers who love diving as well! :wakawaka:

Not only am I going on this trip, but I will be your trip leader and personal hostess!  :cool1:

Welcome and please introduce yourself as well ! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hi, I am Carsten.  I am from Upstate NY, where I have now returned after spending a year working in Wisconsin.  Neither locale allows me to do as much diving as a I want (or any because I am not dry suit certified), so my diving is limited to a couple of times a year on a trip.  I also started diving in 1994 and have paid PADI to become a Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified.  I love diving and wish I could do it more, but unfortunately I have to work.  As of now, I am a physician practicing Emergency Medicine.  However, scuba bum sounds nice :-)

As far as diving, I was impressed by the life in Palau, and hope this will be similar.  I have never been muck diving before, so I am looking forward to finding the small stuff.  I will be bringing a camera set to macro. :-)

I am also a private pilot and if I can find a plane to rent, I hope to go sightseeing above the island for some pictures.

It will be nice to meet you all... once other people sign up for the trip :-)

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hi, I am Carsten.  I am from Upstate NY, where I have now returned after spending a year working in Wisconsin.  Neither locale allows me to do as much diving as a I want (or any because I am not dry suit certified), so my diving is limited to a couple of times a year on a trip.  I also started diving in 1994 and have paid PADI to become a Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified.  I love diving and wish I could do it more, but unfortunately I have to work.  As of now, I am a physician practicing Emergency Medicine.  However, scuba bum sounds nice :-)

As far as diving, I was impressed by the life in Palau, and hope this will be similar.  I have never been muck diving before, so I am looking forward to finding the small stuff.  I will be bringing a camera set to macro. :-)

I am also a private pilot and if I can find a plane to rent, I hope to go sightseeing above the island for some pictures.

Palau has big and little stuff... and Philippines is mostly smaller but the Verde Island tour has amazing corals and the chance at big stuff!!!  I do not think you will be disappointed diving the PI!!!!  Welcome to the club and that is both the scubabum club and the SingleDivers.com club!!!

Anytime you want to do a diving internship and learn the ropes... we always can help and in return you help us as well.  Its a win win win!!!

formerly...

#5 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Palau has big and little stuff... and Philippines is mostly smaller but the Verde Island tour has amazing corals and the chance at big stuff!!!  I do not think you will be disappointed diving the PI!!!!  Welcome to the club and that is both the scubabum club and the SingleDivers.com club!!!

Anytime you want to do a diving internship and learn the ropes... we always can help and in return you help us as well.  Its a win win win!!!

Yeah, that's why I wanted to try it - a chance at something different with the small stuff.  I am generally happy to be diving anywhere as long as there is more than rocks lol :-) 

Thanks for the warm welcome in both clubs lol - scubabum is still a few years off... though I did look at some temporary staffing assignments in the Caribbean and Guam just so I could get in some scuba on the side lol.  Being a DM might be a good retirement plan when I get tired of the administrative burden of medicine.  As far as helping the club, hopefully customs doesn't take away my medical kit/suture set, etc.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, that's why I wanted to try it - a chance at something different with the small stuff.  I am generally happy to be diving anywhere as long as there is more than rocks lol :-) 

Thanks for the warm welcome in both clubs lol - scubabum is still a few years off... though I did look at some temporary staffing assignments in the Caribbean and Guam just so I could get in some scuba on the side lol.  Being a DM might be a good retirement plan when I get tired of the administrative burden of medicine.  As far as helping the club, hopefully customs doesn't take away my medical kit/suture set, etc.

I doubt it. Just put in your checked bags. We can always ensure you have paperwork saying you are traveling to be the trips doctor!
​That being said...while scubabum sounds great...you have to really do well in the day job to afford to be a scuba bum or win the lottery. The standard saying is and its true.... how do you make a million in the dive industry?  Start off with two.   Ok nuff said. We can always chat up the pros and cons of the professional side of the business and intern options and just ways to help your soon to be favorite online dive club over a beer in the Philippines!  In the meantime...welcome to the group and we look forward to meeting you soon!

Stay up to date by watching for updates from us via email and this forum of course!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users