• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

THAILAND Wk #1 Feb 8-18 & Wk #2 Feb 18-28, 2018: SAVE THE DATES...What does that mean?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

SAVE THE DATES!!!  (And see below for pricing and details!)

What does that mean?

It means that we have locked in these dates to this destination and THEY ARE FIRM!!! All that remains is for us to open the trip up for booking. We typically do that 6-9 months in advance but we are trying to open trips up 9-18mo in advance depending on the destination and timing.

This will allow our members to better plan AND be assured that they have a guaranteed spot on their dream trip.

How does it work?

If you would like advance notice when this trip opens up so you can secure a spot early since some sell out in as little as 24 hrs., simply post in the SAVE THE DATES thread/topic that you want to be added to the notification list and we'll add you to the list. NOTE: You can not add yourself to the list...but you can add a post/reply that you want to be added and one of our amazing trip coordinators will add your name to the master list.

How am I notified?

We use our site's internal messaging system called a PM (private message) to notify members when a trip is open for booking. It protects your identity, it hides your contact information but it allows EVERYONE to see the same information and you can see real time what others are saying without revealing your own contact information. We encourage you to upgrade to our PREMIER MEMBERSHIP level which is only $35 a year and qualifies you for a $25 member rebate after every trip if you file for it. PLUS you can get the earliest notification that a trip is open. We require it to go on the trip so upgrading early gets you first access to limited spots!

If you are still a BASIC MEMBER we will send you an email notification that the trip is open and ready for signing up. It normally takes us a day or two to create these emails and get them out to all the basic members wanting advance notification, but we will get it out to you.

How do I upgrade my membership?

If you want to be sure of early notification here is how you upgrade your membership.

1. Make sure you are logged into the site. (You can tell if you are logged in because you see your sceen name/display name in the upper right of the forums.
2. Click on the MEMBERSHIP tab across the top of the forums under the SingleDivers.com logo and under the login area.
3. Choose premier or any of the other upgraded membership pkgs and then follow the prompts for payment. If you choose paypal you'll be upgraded immediately by the system. If you choose the SD.com payment gateway you'll be upgraded usually the next business day since its a manual process.*

*If using the SD.com payment portal you will be asked for a 'trip ID number'. Just enter 1 and it will allow you to complete the payment for $35 if choosing the premier level.

How much are we looking at? And what are the details?

$3080 or $2990 CASH PRICE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
  • Full board accommodation during the cruise
  • Up to 33 Dives (10 Night trip)
  • Transfers between Phuket International Airport or local hotel and The Junk on the day of embarkation
  • Transfers between The Junk and Phuket International Airport or local hotel on the day of dis-embarkation
  • SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip
  • Air fills, tanks, lead and weight belt
  • Personal gear storage for your gear and LOTS of hanging space for your wetsuits/skins
Packages Do Not Include:
  • Nitrox for 10-night trip: $213 OR $206 cash discounted (payable in advance)
  • Port, park and tax fees: $118 per person payable on the boat - subject to change
  • Rental Equipment: $24 per day - payable on the boat**
  • Crew tips. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept crew tips via credit card so they are cash only. All major currencies are accepted and appreciated.
  • Trip Cancellation Insurance - STRONGLY RECOMMENDED (see INSURANCE TAB for recommendations)
  • Dive Insurance - REQUIRED (see INSURANCE TAB for recommendations)

**Standard Dive Equipment inc. in full set is BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Mask & Fins

OPTIONAL:

The following are available for an additional fee:

• Nitrox Package :$213 OR $206 cash discounted (payable in advance via our booking system)
  • Cabin Upgrade: $206 OR $200 cash discounted. Need more room for your gear or cameras?  Guarantee you will be booked into a quad or triple room with extra bunks with this upgrade.OR YOU CAN WIN THIS AMAZING UPGRADE BY SIGNING UP EARLY FOR THIS TRIP!
  • Full dive equipment rental : 800THB (approx $24) per dive day (please let us know in advance your needs so we can be sure the boat has your size but you will pay on the boat)
  • Dive Computer : 250THB (approx $8 USD) per day
  • Torch : 100THB (approx $3 USD) per night dive
  • 15 ltr tank : 300THB (approx $9 USD) per day
  • Beer and wine : prices vary
  • The Junk merchandise : prices vary

SAVINGS & DISCOUNTS:

• Pay in FULL at time of Bookingby 5-22-17 and take $200 OFF on D/O (use Coupon Code:see booking system)
  • Pay in FULL at time of Bookingby 6-4-17 and take $150 OFF on D/O (use Coupon Code:see booking system)
  • Pay in FULL at time of Bookingby 6-18-17 and take $100 OFF on D/O (use Coupon Code:see booking system)
  • DEPOSIT at time of Booking by 6-18-17: for Early Bird Discount: $50 OFF (use COUPON CODE: see booking system)
  • Book BOTH Thailand weeks and get $50 per trip off add'l for $100 more (email trips@singledivers.com once you have paid in full and we will refund you $100 back. Trips must be paid in full and payment cleared. We can not provide a discount coupon at this time for this discount.)
  • Book by 8-30-17 and enjoy an Early Summer Present to Yourself - 10% Discount on any one purchase from ANO Lights or Coreskin Apparel or 20% off two or more items (10% or 20%Discount must be used by Dec 31, 2017)
  • Book by 11-30-17 For one (1) chance to WIN A FREE Coreskin or ANO Product/Voucher worth $50!
  • Book by 12-1-17 For one (1) chance to WIN A FREE UPGRADE TO THE SPACIOUS QUAD OR TRIPLE ROOM configuration BUT ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN IT!!!= EXTRA ROOM AND EXTRA BED FOR ALL YOUR STUFF FOR FREE!!!
  • 1 additional chance for each...WIN FREE ANO/CORESKIN GEAR worth $50 and/or Free Upgrade toSPACIOUS QUAD OR TRIPLE ROOM configuration BUT ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN IT!!! by signing up on our Facebook Trip Event BY 1-10-18 for this trip AND "LIKE" SingleDivers.com if you haven't already AND share the FB trip booking on your page or in another diving group to which you belong. (EARN ONE CHANCE PER SHARE) Please email trips@singledivers.com with your full list of contest entries links and please reference THAILAND SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST ENTRIES in the subject line.
  • Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout.
  • Active Duty Military Discount:$25 OFF Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom. Thank you for your service. (Please email your military ID to or fax to 888-480-0906
  • Member Rebate: File for your $25 member rebate within 30 days after the trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my forums signature for link to the forms forum or click on the green Paper Forms button in the forums . If you are new to the site send an email toto get the password. PLEASE follow the directions on the form for proper submission & processing.)
  • SAVE $75 by submitting your Documents within 21 days of booking this trip. If booking within 45 days of the trip please submit your documents within 3 days. Otherwise the $75 document processing fee will be added to your final invoice.

NAMES OF PEOPLE TO NOTIFY WHEN THIS TRIP IS OPEN!!!

1. Kamala aka WreckWench (Both Weeks)

2. Traci aka sqbagal (Either Week)

3. Sandra aka DiverSandra (Week One)

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 18 May 2017 - 04:01 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Pick Me! Pick Me!  I don't know which trip I can do, BUT I'm gonna do one of 'em!!

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#3 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

I want in for the first week
  • dive_sail_etc likes this

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Sandra we will put you on the Notify list! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

Sandra we will put you on the Notify list! :diver:

Great news!!! 

Even better news????? The trip is open NOW  HERE!!!   You can take adv of the early booking discounts NOW

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

For anybody interested in such things, the boat on this charter is THE boat in the movie "Shanghai" and in the last scene of "The Man with the Golden Gun" (yep the James Bond one)!!!  It is the oldest and most historic boat of its type in the world.  Kind of hard to pass this one by  :lol:

http://thejunk.com/movies/

I'm trying to figure out which week.

• WreckWench likes this

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

For anybody interested in such things, the boat on this charter is THE boat in the movie "Shanghai" and in the last scene of "The Man with the Golden Gun" (yep the James Bond one)!!!  It is the oldest and most historic boat of its type in the world.  Kind of hard to pass this one by  :lol:

http://thejunk.com/movies/

I'm trying to figure out which week.

VERY COOL!!!  :wakawaka:

formerly...

#8 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

I'm booked.  I paid for single divers to make book my airline so not sure what else you'll need from me.  I did fill out the form

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#9 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'm booked.  I paid for single divers to make book my airline so not sure what else you'll need from me.  I did fill out the form

Hello Sandra, if you completed the Flight Information Form to include your personal flight data (DOB, PP# / Expiry, GOES # if you have one etc.) that should be all Kamala will need to coordinate with her air travel subsidiary. Welcome aboard Thailand 2018!! We are stoked to have you join The Wench and her Scuba Krewe on our Thai liveaboard trip!! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Sign me up for the first week.  I just paid (+ nitrox) and am working on forms.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

Sign me up for the first week.  I just paid (+ nitrox) and am working on forms.

AWESOME!!! Glad you all are taking adv of the EARLY booking discounts!!!

formerly...

#12 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

I'm looking at routing for this trip and this would be a good one to circle the globe :cool2:

So which way to go first - east or west?

Anyone else thinking of doing that?

• SalishSeagal likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#13 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Very interested in this trip. Please put me on the notification list. Not sure which segment yet! Thanks!

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#14 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Very interested in this trip. Please put me on the notification list. Not sure which segment yet! Thanks!

This trip is already booking so there is no notification list.  I'm considering week 1 myself.

• susiq likes this

#15 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, I did this before I saw that it was already booking. :wacko: Any suggestion on where to look on this website for rules about refunds, etc. Typically I don't book so far in advance, due to work considerations. However, I would like know about the rules for possible refunds of deposits or payments (or not) so I can see what best to do in my situation. Thanks.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users