• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PRELIMINARY TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

TOUR IDEAS:

Please share anything you all have found for tours. The boat has suggested these two popular tours and they are sending me a few more we may like.

Attached File  THAILAND Excursion - Flying Hanuman-2.pdf   549.92KB   4 downloads

Attached File  THAILAND Excursion - Biking Tour Koh Yao Noi-2.pdf   329.51KB   4 downloads

BUFFER DAYS AND GROUP HOTEL:

Whenever we do an epic trip we always set up buffer days prior to the start of the trip so people can be SURE their luggage arrives and they arrive because once the boat has left....it has LEFT!!! 

So it is very wise to show up 1-2 days early to get settled in timewise as well as be sure everything arrives in time. For those arriving early we will have a group hotel that will be SAFE, COMFORTABLE & REASONABLY PRICED!!! This will help people settle in AND still have some connection to the group in the event it is needed. :respect:

We are setting the hotel up as we speak but will start the list of who needs the extra days below:

THOSE NEEDING EXTRA BUFFER DAYS:

Week One

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - ?? unsure how many

2. Sandra aka DiverSandra - Extra nights 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

3. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Extra night 2/7 (check out 2/8) unsure about end of trip

4. Martin aka luvinGCM66 - Extra night 2/7 (check out 2/8) Departing Bangkok AM 19th - need to confirm boat returns by 10am 18th for Phuket - Bangkok flight PM 18th

5. Cindy aka Sundancediver - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

6. Tom aka SpaceDiver - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

7. Martee aka OceanBug - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8), departing 20 or 21st. Looking for a hotel near Sea Dream Guest House, Patong Beach

8. Karl aka Bugspray - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8), departing 20 or 21st. Looking for a hotel near Sea Dream Guest House, Patong Beach

Week Two

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Stays on from Week One, depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

2. Brenda aka missbk - 2/15 - 2/17 (check out 2/18) depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

3. Roger aka RetiredToDive - 2/15 - 2/17 (check out 2/18) depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

Edited by WreckWench, 13 January 2018 - 03:03 PM.

• Oceanbug likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Need the day before, 2/7 and the day we get back, 2/18.

#3 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

I'll definitely be a day early but not sure about after the trip yet.  It will depend on what route I use to circle the globe (at least that's my current plan :cool: )  One route I've looked at is through Dubai since it's 2 hops and do some sightseeing again and then seems like it was either through Tokyo or South Korea were options with 3 hops.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#4 LuvinGCM66

LuvinGCM66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Stoped counting at 500

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Hi - need to validate that the boat arrives back in Phuket around 10a on the 18th - I am flying our of Bangkok on the morning of the 19th - so need to book a flight from Phuket to Bangkok in the afternoon of the 18th.  Please let me know.

Also, I am staying in Bangkok for a few days at the beginning of the trip - was planning on flying over either the morning of the 8th, or 7th evening - thoughts?

Thanks

Martin

PS In the picture, I'm the one wearing the glasses - the good looking one is Pugsley. 

Edited by LuvinGCM66, 27 June 2017 - 06:03 AM.

• DiverSandra likes this

:wow:LuvinGCM - Martin 

#5 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Also, I am staying in Bangkok for a few days at the beginning of the trip - was planning on flying over either the morning of the 8th, or 7th evening - thoughts?

I always like to be in the city the liveaboard leaves from at least a day early.  I'm still looking at itineraries but will likely be in the area a few days in advance.  I may also spend some time in other places along the way.

• LuvinGCM66 likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#6 LuvinGCM66

LuvinGCM66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I always like to be in the city the liveaboard leaves from at least a day early.  I'm still looking at itineraries but will likely be in the area a few days in advance.  I may also spend some time in other places along the way.

Let me know if you want to connect in Bangkok - I am going to head to Phuket on Wed for the Thursday sailing.   So I should say I will need 2/7 hotel in Phuket...  

Edited by LuvinGCM66, 28 June 2017 - 03:27 PM.

• Cajun Diver likes this

#7 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

Spacediver and I arrive 1am on Feb 6 so we want a hotel from Feb 5 for a few hours sleep until Feb 8. We fly out again at 1am on Feb 19 so want a room for one night on Feb 18.  Thanks! Sea Dream looks fine if thats the hotel.

I am going to look for fun excursions.  if anyone sees any post!

• DiverSandra, SalishSeagal and Oceanbug like this

#8 Oceanbug

Oceanbug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

I posted under a new topic, looking for a hotel near Sea Dream Guest House, Patong Beach. That one looks fine, super basic, seeking a little more comfort and amenities nearby.
Flights are in work most likely dates arriving Feb 5 or 6 departing 20 or 21st.
Thanks
Oceanbug (Martee)

#9 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

When do you expect to get the hotel for the extra days set up?
  • Oceanbug likes this

#10 Oceanbug

Oceanbug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

Airfare finalized, all other details are finalized except would like some hotel info.

me (Martee and Karl) aka Oceanug and Bugspray will be need first hotel reservation Feb 5th thru Feb 8 (check out) 3 nights.

please give us some options and or suggestions to consider, let us know where everyone is staying. 

We can book it ourselves no worries, just want to be close by.

Thank you 

#11 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

Normally we will get the hotel info a month or so before the trip.

#12 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hi, - just booked today - and am over the moon.  This is a trip of a lifetime for me.  First trip with SingleDivers.  Thanks to Mandi Turner who keeps talking this group up, I am so looking forward to it.

I am going to head into Bangkok on 2/3 - arr 2/4 - if anyone wants to meet up for a few days of sightseeing in advance, let me know and we can plan itineraries.

Flights to Bankok are booked, just need to do the intra-Thai flights which are dirt cheap.  Anyway - looking forward to a great trip. 

Can you recommend a intra-Thai flight from Bangkok to Phuket?  I am looking to book Feb 13th.  I do not want to be bagged fee to death  . .. websites are not clear for me to choose at this point.  Thanks ..  Brenda 

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Normally we will get the hotel info a month or so before the trip.

Thanks Butch...I'm trying to do better this trip! ;)

• Cajun Diver likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

TRIP EXTRA TOURING & BUFFER DAYS UPDATE FOR WEEK #2:

Several people are NOW flying Feb 13 to arrive the 15th into HKT and then will take a hopper from HKT to BKK (Bangkok AFTER the 2nd trip to do some sightseeing there and fly from there to home.

If you want to join them the more the merrier...  so far we have MissBKScuba and RetiredToDive doing these extra days...and probably the Wench too! ;)

• pinkmedic16 and Oceanbug like this

formerly...

#15 LuvinGCM66

LuvinGCM66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

Hi, - just booked today - and am over the moon.  This is a trip of a lifetime for me.  First trip with SingleDivers.  Thanks to Mandi Turner who keeps talking this group up, I am so looking forward to it.

I am going to head into Bangkok on 2/3 - arr 2/4 - if anyone wants to meet up for a few days of sightseeing in advance, let me know and we can plan itineraries.

Flights to Bankok are booked, just need to do the intra-Thai flights which are dirt cheap.  Anyway - looking forward to a great trip. 

Can you recommend a intra-Thai flight from Bangkok to Phuket?  I am looking to book Feb 13th.  I do not want to be bagged fee to death  . .. websites are not clear for me to choose at this point.  Thanks ..  Brenda 

Hi Brenda

I booked AirAsia from DMK to HKT - not the main BKK airport.  I am staying in BKK for 3 days before the trip to do some sightseeing then heading down to HKT for the boat...   Air Asia seemed liked the best, and least expensive option based on what I found.  On the return, i booked a flight from HKT to BKK as my international flight will be the next day out of BKK.

Hope this helps.

Martin

PS - anyone interested in hanging out in BKK for a few days before the trip and doing some sightseeing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users