• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NYE Saba/St Kitts: ONGOING STATUS of the SXM Airport

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, I've been on them before too - worked out well.  I loose my free bag and mileage/segment accruals, but better than the alternative - not going diving :-)  Hopefully EV keeps this itinerary now.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

SOMETIMES the early bird does NOT get the worm...or they have to get it again.

EV is discussing what they are doing and will let me know by tomorrow what the plan is. PLEASE DO NOT make any other chgs to flights...unless you just want more practice on future changes.

This whole thing is VERY FLUID right now... please bear with us a bit longer. ONCE EV makes up their mind then you can and should make any changes if necessary. In the meantime until we know if they are going in and out of SXM or changing to SKB please do not make FIRM plans...back ups are fine. :thankyou:

• Scubadoc likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Ok.... I have 24hrs to cancel so if we know by tomorrow morning, that would be good... otherwise stuck with another change fee

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Ok.... I have 24hrs to cancel so if we know by tomorrow morning, that would be good... otherwise stuck with another change fee

LOL!!! No worries... just don't want to start a feeding frenzie before we have too.

Truthfully I do not see how they can chg the itinerary if only one carrier is not flying. If all well that is a different issue. So they have to stick with the largest number flying to one destination or the other in my humble opinion.

We should know something by tomorrow am.  Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

IMPORTANT FLIGHT UPDATES:

SIMPLE VERSION... fly into SKB and out of SXM. 

I have rec'd final word from EV (Explorer Ventures) and here is the final update barring any other catastrophic issues.

On 10/25/2017 8:08 PM, Explorer Ventures wrote:

Hi Kamala,

Yes, the only itineraries we have changed to date for flights in and out of SKB are through November 18.  From Nov 19 onward we will be flying our normally scheduled itineraries as SXM has resumed operations. I was not aware that United had cancelled flights but I have spoken to several airlines today as well as the air agent we work with and there are still good SXM options on American (Miami), Delta (Atlanta), Jet Blue (FLL then SJU)as well as flights that can be booked RT (round trip) St. Kitts with a WinAir flight over to St. Maarten.  If  your members need help rebooking cancelled United Flights let us know and we will help in anyway possible. We will not be able to pay cancellation fees, rebooking fees etc , but we will help them find alternatives if they need assistance.

Simply have anyone needing help email info@explorerventures.com their full flight itinerary and cancellation notice and we will help in anyway we can to rebook them in such a way as to facilitate their trip.   Thank you.

So the itinerary is officially SKB to SXM. If you are NOW flying in and out of SKB then consider a one way from SXM to SKB to make that connection on WinAir. WinAir is an excellent carrier and you can book a ticket online. They are the most reliable carrier in the Caribbean and I have flown them many times. 

Also let me know if I can help in anyway as well.  I am glad we are finally locked into what the final itin will be. I suspect that the damage the airport sustained has caused flights to be cancelled and/or routes to be cancelled which may be why United is affected but not the other carriers as much.   If you have trip insurance this MAY be covered if you bought it before Irma was a named storm.

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

FOR UNITED PASSENGERS ONLY:

If United cancelled your flight they HAVE to rebook you.  3 other carriers are flying in and out of SXM... AA, Delta & JetBlue.  It would be preferable for them to rebook you on another carrier directly out of SXM. If they can't or the connections do not work then ask them to pay for flying you via WinAir to SKB  allowing at least 2-3 hrs before the int'l connection from St Kitts to your home airport.

Here are the flights and prices of 1 way tickets as of today from SXM to SKB on WinAir

St. Maarten - St. Kitts - St. Maarten Fri, Sat, Sun 307 8.20am St. Maarten - St. Kitts - St. Maarten Mon, Wed 301
353 8.20am
4:00pm St. Maarten - St. Eustatius - St. Maarten Daily Flights 501

7:00am
11:00am
4:40pm

PRICES are $160-197 one way.  The $160 is a econ option and the other higher options are flexible fares meaning you can change or cancel. You do not need those.

HERE is the link.

formerly...

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

NOTE FINAL FLIGHT CLARIFICATION:

We will be flying into SKB St Kitts and out of SXM St Marteen. If your flight from SXM has been cancelled contact your carrier and make them rebook you. If you have a ticket in and out of SKB then fly from SXM to SKB on WinAir for $160 one way Jan 6th. Their flights are in the early am so will leave you plenty of time to catch most of the int'l flights from SKB to your final destination.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users