• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017 FALL FITNESS CHALLENGE... I DARE YA!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hey its that time of year where all our great efforts over the summer slowly dwindle away as the pounds sneak back up on us during the fall/winter weight gain fitness destroying trifecta of terror... Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!

But you don't have to lose all your momentum and hard work...you have friends in your diving family who are in the same proverbial boat as you... so join in and share ideas...challenge yourself...challenge others.

LET'S ALL HAVE A FINTASTIC FITNESS FINALE to the end of 2017!!!! COUNT ME IN!!!!

Simply list ideas or tips or things you want to do to stay focused or even just get started. Share you success and your stumbles... let your SingleDivers.com diving family and friends help you and you help them!

1. Kamala aka WrechWench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

I'll start...

1. I challenge everyone to stand MORE. Simply stand up every 20 mins to offset the dangerous effects of sitting. (Set a timer to go off  or find one online and simple stand up and then as time goes buy use that time to stand up to stretch or walk around or go to the restroom. This simple step will have a profound positive affect on your life and is relatively easy to do. TRUST ME...when I started I dreaded that timer going off and groaned having to staand up so many times a day. After a couple of weeks I would check to see whey the timer had not gone off because my body acclimated to the 20 min intervals. Another bonuse was the 20 min interval was an easy way to hyperfocus on a project to see how much I could get done in 20 mins. My productivity soared...so I am putting the 20 min timer part back into my regime. I have graduated from standing every 20 mins to standing all day sans meals and a few hours in the evenings. (I'll even tell you how if you challenge me and you accept the standing challenge of 3x per hour)

2. I challenge MYSELF to add at least 15 min of exercise a day. Anyone can add a little extra as a way to get started. So I will start some sort of exercise DAILY and challenge everyone to join me.

3. I challenge everyone to add WATER to their diet... 6-8 classes a day or until your pee is light yellow. Its easy to hydrate when we are diving but we need to hydrate when we not diving as well. And yes I need help in this area too!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I try to go to the gym 5-6 days a week.  Makes a huge difference.

For water, I have two 1 liter water bottles.  I drink one in the morning and one after dinner, then fill them both up with tap water for the next day.  I thought I was getting enough water until I tried this and found I was not getting anywhere near enough.

• WreckWench likes this

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

I try to go to the gym 5-6 days a week.  Makes a huge difference.

For water, I have two 1 liter water bottles.  I drink one in the morning and one after dinner, then fill them both up with tap water for the next day.  I thought I was getting enough water until I tried this and found I was not getting anywhere near enough.

So are you in? Going to try to stand more?  Of course you are doing great on water and exercising!  We need to also get 7-10k steps DAILY in addition to our exercise...basically we need to MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users