• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OFFICIAL Thailand Group Hotel Info & Sign Up Topic

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Confirming arrival 2/15; and requesting (double occupancy) hotel room  2/15, 2/16 & 2/17 and following boat return on 2/28 & 3/1. Flying out 3/2

#17 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Spacediver and I currently have reservations at Beyond Patong for 2/6-2/8 and 2/18-2/20.  I see that there is transport from Sea Dream (1 mile from our hotel) to the pier.  I am wondering about how we get from the pier back to our hotel in Patong.  I asked the hotel and its pretty expensive for a driver.  I saw in one post that the trip ends in Phuket town like the boat goes down the coast and ends there.  I assume that is not the case and it ends in the same place it starts.  The 2 of us will have about 5 bags between dive bags and camera equipment.  It would not be possible to share a normal size taxi with Oceanbug and her husband.  Unless they use a van or a bus we will need separate transportation from Sea Dream to the pier.  How do we get back from the pier to Sea Dream?

I am studying all this still.  I could be open to staying at the hotel in Khao Lak but I wonder where you go to eat dinner as there is nothing anywhere near.  Also Kamala suggests there may be no double rooms?  I would also like to know what excursions are available from this hotel.  I have seen a couple options listed.  If we found other things to do like go to the jungle which is not too far how would we get there and back?  General transportation feels like a concern to me.  So I want to make sure all flows well with so many bags and being able to do some things in Thailand.  We only have a few days on land.

Thanks for any information.  We are equally excited to go to Thailand and explore!

• Oceanbug likes this

#18 Oceanbug

Oceanbug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Martee aka Oceanbug & Karl aka Bugspray

Itinerary dates are accurate
We have hotel booked, declining the group hotel option.

Check in 2/5 - 2/8 (check out)

Beyond Patong, Patong
8 Sawatdirak Road, Tambol Patong, Amphur Kathu, Patong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand,
Phone U.S.A. 800-491-6126
Phone: +6676562300

Thank you for your hard work pulling all this together

Edited by Oceanbug, 13 January 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#19 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

Single if possible, double if necessary.  I will not need a room on the back end of the trip.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Spacediver and I currently have reservations at Beyond Patong for 2/6-2/8 and 2/18-2/20.  I see that there is transport from Sea Dream (1 mile from our hotel) to the pier.  I am wondering about how we get from the pier back to our hotel in Patong.  I asked the hotel and its pretty expensive for a driver.  I saw in one post that the trip ends in Phuket town like the boat goes down the coast and ends there.  I assume that is not the case and it ends in the same place it starts.  The 2 of us will have about 5 bags between dive bags and camera equipment.  It would not be possible to share a normal size taxi with Oceanbug and her husband.  Unless they use a van or a bus we will need separate transportation from Sea Dream to the pier.  How do we get back from the pier to Sea Dream?

I am studying all this still.  I could be open to staying at the hotel in Khao Lak but I wonder where you go to eat dinner as there is nothing anywhere near.  Also Kamala suggests there may be no double rooms?  I would also like to know what excursions are available from this hotel.  I have seen a couple options listed.  If we found other things to do like go to the jungle which is not too far how would we get there and back?  General transportation feels like a concern to me.  So I want to make sure all flows well with so many bags and being able to do some things in Thailand.  We only have a few days on land.

Thanks for any information.  We are equally excited to go to Thailand and explore!

There ARE double rooms...just not certain if 2 beds in the rooms I have on hold. They are supposed to have 2 beds in some of them but I am trying to confirm. That is NOT something you want to leave for granted with our group! LOL

In your case it will not be an issue since you are part off a couple!

I believe the tours include the transportation in them meaning they pick you up.

I have questions in and now the weekend is over I should have replies soon. Thanks, kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Single if possible, double if necessary.  I will not need a room on the back end of the trip.

Thanks Butch...as ALWAYS you are the best! Kamala

• Cajun Diver likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Martee aka Oceanbug & Karl aka Bugspray

Itinerary dates are accurate
We have hotel booked, declining the group hotel option.

Check in 2/5 - 2/8 (check out)

Beyond Patong, Patong
8 Sawatdirak Road, Tambol Patong, Amphur Kathu, Patong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand,
Phone U.S.A. 800-491-6126
Phone: +6676562300

Thank you for your hard work pulling all this together

No worries and I am glad have a great place to stay. I am not as concerned with couples or several people traveling together as I am for the majority of our single travelers. The 'mom' in me comes out when I do not know that everyone is safe!

• Oceanbug likes this

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Confirming arrival 2/15; and requesting (double occupancy) hotel room  2/15, 2/16 & 2/17 and following boat return on 2/28 & 3/1. Flying out 3/2

You are on the list! Thank you!

formerly...

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Bumping Thread and marking updates to Post #1 compiled to this point.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#25 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

I didn't exactly decline yet.  I am still looking at options.  I was waiting to hear about the room if there is a double bed and to get some of the answers back from my questions.  I don't see answers to all. 

1) Still would like to confirm about the transport from Sea Dream if it will be big enough for all the bags?

2) How do we get around for dinner?

3) What excursions really are there from the hotel?

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

I didn't exactly decline yet.  I am still looking at options.  I was waiting to hear about the room if there is a double bed and to get some of the answers back from my questions.  I don't see answers to all. 

1) Still would like to confirm about the transport from Sea Dream if it will be big enough for all the bags?

Yes we have rooms with double beds. And there seem to be many restaurants nearby.  Waiting to hear on transport questions and tour options. 

Most of the places to eat nearby seem to be in walking distance from the group hotel ranging from 4 stars and above...

• Sundancediver likes this

formerly...

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

FYI... we started a thread for people to summarize what their final tour plans or ideas are. Also here are tour options from Khao Lak HERE.   Thanks Scott!

formerly...

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the clarification Cindy - I have updated you and Tom to indicate you are still evaluating options and will advise us on your final decision. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

UPDATE AND GOOD NEWS:

The rooms DO have 2 twin beds or 1 dbl bed. I have some of both on reservation and I will list accordingly. So this means we CAN offer a double occupancy rate to those who wish to share a room AND have their own bed! ;)  The price is half the rate posted.

I know Sharon wanted to be d/o ...anyone else?

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

NOTE:

Once I get the inventory by room type posted Scott will eventually put in the system the rooms we need. so you can pay. HOWEVER we want to manage it manually so there is no confusion as to who will have a room for how many nites and what type. The price is the same for 1 double or 1 twin beds. The hotel only has a small number of rooms total and while we have most of them..we do not have them all so some flexibility *may* be necessary.

Thank you for your understanding. The room inventory by nite and type etc. and who has signed up will be posted shortly. In the meantime if you have not replied back yet please do so as I will need to release rooms soon.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users