• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 Raja Ampat 2019 WK1: QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside This Topic!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Nimblenana

Nimblenana

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:142

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

password for the subforum please.

#17 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

It was in the PM Brad sent out with info on the trip.  If you don't see it in your messages (upper right corner click on the envelope) then I'll send it to you.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#18 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

I've just returned from my extended journey [Sept. 25-Nov. 11] to Indonesia, including the SD/Damai II Raja Ampat cruise, Oct. 12-23. I'm sure all of you have a bucket list of what you want to see/photograph. And surely, on the list are pygmy seahorses [psh], the 'regular' grey & pink/red [aka as 'bargi banti'], Denises, and Pontohi. All of these are extremely small critters, as are many others you'll see/photograph. To give you an idea, the bargi banti is the largest of the 3, being the size of a fly. You don't have any problem seeing a fly, do you. Now, the fly is on a navy blue table cloth, that's a problem!!! The bargi banti resides on a certain gorgonian fan, which has the same coloring as this psh. So does the Denises, on a camouflaging gorgonian, while the Pontohi resides in algae patches. I was fortunate, I spent 10 days, shooting macro in another location prior to starting the Damai portion. I also, would pay attention to the area[s] of the gorgonian either the guide pointed out, or where another diver was 'shooting'.

My suggestion, start training your eyes for the 'macro critters', and study the critters you want to see or find. Example. What else will you find around an anemone, other than a clownfish? There is one danger, as I found out, you become so macro focused, when someone points out a wobbegong shark, on top a table coral, you miss it!

My 2 psi

Have fun, dive safe

Bill

• Cajun Diver and Resqdew like this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#19 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Bill,

I am on week 1 and can't wait!!!

Kathy

#20 Malarkey

Malarkey

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

What is the tipping policy? Their website indicates they prefer cash. Would that be in dollars or rupiah? I don't know if I feel comfortable carrying that much USD around.

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

What is the tipping policy? Their website indicates they prefer cash. Would that be in dollars or rupiah? I don't know if I feel comfortable carrying that much USD around.

Dollars is preferred only because the exchg rate of Rupiah will require a backpack for all the currency. The Bank of Kamala will have add'l cash for those needing it but since NO ONE carries cash anymore... it is NOW quite safe to carry cash. Just don't open a wallet up with it showing.

PS I'll have more info on tipping in the TRIP PM shortly. Thanks!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#22 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

***Can anyone please help? I've tried several times to get answers. I’m cooking Indonesian this coming week for my Leadership Academy, and I promised I would make them what I learned on the boat. I REALLY would love those recipes the chef promised he would write down for us. I’m planning to make Nasi Goreng, sambal, and the gluten free cake…at the least. Can anyone possibly send the recipes? My only alternative is to use recipes from the Internet, but that really sucks compared to using the recipes we learned. Thanks....

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users