• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 Belize 2019: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2019 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now

REMEMBER...ALL TRAVELERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!!!

Dates:      Mar 09-16, 2019

Introduction:

Hello and   :welcome: not only to our club but to the topic you can ask any questions you want about this trip. Please use this topic you are reading right now to ask your questions. You will need to be registered on the SingleDivers.com site and logged into our forums to be able to post. See below for links on how to do these things or email admin@singledivers.com for help.  We will answer your here AND update the main trip topic if necessary as well as keep the TRIP FAQ updated in the 2nd topic related to this trip.

The primary trip topics will be as follows:

#1 =  Full trip details, pricing, discounts, accommodations, travel details, etc.  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#2 =  Ongoing Trip FAQ and Answers to the questions from topic #3  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#3 = Questions Topic... ask all your questions in this topic  (Open to anyone to post who is registered and logged in)

#4 = Who's Going, Who's doing what extras, Tours, Add On's etc. (Open to anyone who is GOING on the trip to post in if registered and logged in)

More detailed information is available in the thread title "How to Use this Forum to Manage Your Trip"

Other trip topics:

We will have other trip topics to help manage the pre-trip experience and ensure that you are as updated as possible.

TYPICAL QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT GETTING STARTED ON YOUR SINGLEDIVERS.COM TRIP EXPERIENCE:

HOW TO REGISTER ON THE SINGLEDIVERS.COM SITE:

• www.singledivers.com
  • click on Forums or click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums under Forums
  • Click on REGISTER in the upper right corner
  • Choose a FUN SCREEN NAME ...email admin@singledivers.com if you need help. (Changing your screen name is very difficult to do after the fact so please take a few minutes to come up with a name you will like!)
  • Finish the registration process

NOTE: Only upgraded premium members can sign up for our trips. The premium membership enables you to receive private trip communications, see the profiles of who else is going, PM others on the trip (and other premium members on the site) as well as entitle you to numerous specials, discounts, perks and deals throughout the year.

HOW TO LOG IN SO YOU CAN POST:

To post in the forums you need to log into the FORUMS. If you log into the homepage www.singledivers.com you will be able to book a trip IF your membership is upgraded to a premium level but you will not be able to post in the forums. If you log into the forums you can post in the forums but can not book a trip. YOU USE THE SAME LOGIN INFO BUT YOU LOG INTO TWO DIFFERENT PLACES DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. (This is a security measure to keep your information safe.)

• www.singledivers.com
  • Forums
  • Take me to Surface Interval Forums

HOW TO BOOK A TRIP WITH SINGLEDIVERS.COM:

To book you trip please follow the following simple steps:

1. Register a FUN screen name

2. Log into the FORUMS and upgrade your membership to Premier or higher (you can also do when you are creating your screen name. If you use paypal you will be automatically upgraded by the system. If you use the SD payment portal it will take 24-48 hrs to verify your payment and manually upgrading you)

3. Once your membership is upgraded and your account is upgraded you can then log into the homepage as follows and book a trip.

• www.singledivers.com
  • login 
  • Trips
  • Choose the trip from the trip table and either click on the BOOK NOW link to book or DETAILS LINK to be taken to the forums for the trip information and to ask questions, see who is going etc.
  • Complete the trip booking process either by paying in full to qualify for our early booking discounts or by paying the deposit for the trip you are interested in.
  • Complete your online documents for your trip within 21 days to avoid a $75 late document fee OR within 3 days if signing up within 30 days of the trip's departure date.
  • You will be added to the TRIP PM (Private Message) within several days of signing up for a trip, which send courtesy emails to your inbox when an admin posts in it or you can check all messages sent 24/7 by logging into the forums and clicking on the message icon by your name.

TYPICAL QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TRIP OR GET PERSONALIZED HELP :

HOW TO GET PERSONAL HELP:

1. Ask trip related questions in this topic so we can reply back to you and everyone else reading this topic as soon as we can.

2. If you need help with using the forums please email admin@singledivers.com

3. If you need specific trip help please email trips@singledivers.com

3. If you need any other help please email info@singledivers.com

HOW TO ASK TRIP RELATED QUESTIONS:

1. Ask trip related questions in this topic so we can reply back to you and everyone else reading this topic as soon as we can. NOTE: You must be logged in to post in this topic which is what we call  "asking a question".

2. If you need more private help PLEASE see the info above about how to get "Personal Help"

Edited by WreckWench, 05 June 2018 - 09:51 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DancingDiver

DancingDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

is there a specific flight you are recommending so we all arrive at the same time?

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:25 PM

is there a specific flight you are recommending so we all arrive at the same time?

Donna we do not recommend particular flights into Belize City (airport code BZE) - you can make your own flight reservations OR have Kamala arrange your itinerary for you for a modest $31 Flight Assistance Fee. Based on the flight itinerary you book (or have SingleDivers.com book) we coordinate with the liveaboard operator and let you know the procedure for the ground transportation which is included in the trip package price. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

I'm assuming that it's 5 dives per day+2 night dives?????? I ask because the diving itinerary is a little vague
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

I'm assuming that it's 5 dives per day+2 night dives?????? I ask because the diving itinerary is a little vague

Yes for BELIZE it is 2 AM dives 2 PM dives and one dusk/night dive for 5 days plus TIME PERMITTING a bonus of  2 AM dives on the day of transit back to disembark.

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

What about big tanks? I'm told I have big lungs :blush2:

• dive_sail_etc likes this
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

Kamala will check with her operator contacts - this early something should be able to be arranged.

As for what qualifies as big lungs; I'm not taking the bait. :teeth: :diver:

P. S. Be sure to mention this in the Comments portion of the Special Needs Form when the time comes, just to be sure....

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

Kamala will check with her operator contacts - this early something should be able to be arranged.

As for what qualifies as big lungs; I'm not taking the bait. :teeth: :diver:

P. S. Be sure to mention this in the Comments portion of the Special Needs Form when the time comes, just to be sure....

The boat may have 1 or 2 larger 100 cf tanks. We do try and reserve them for um... 'big lunged' people! LOL!  So you'll be on the list of possibilities Jeff! LOL!

Brad when you get a chance lets set up a special request area for both bit and small tanks. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 sallybok

sallybok

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

Is the cost of $3035 per person or is it for the room with two sharing twin bunks??

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:24 AM

Since this is a liveaboard the cost is for double occupancy.

Here's the info for the spot that is left:

Deluxe All Inclusive DIVING Pkg  d/o 7 nites 6 days Diving $3137  or $3045 CASH

Deluxe  Stateroom (#2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Double bed (lower) and twin bed (upper) bunk-style, port window. All with private head and showers, individual climate control, monitor with media player and hair dryer.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:48 AM

Up to 5 days of up to 5 dives a day which would INCLUDE a night dive. Diving will be Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, and usually 1-2 dives on Friday before steaming back to port.

formerly...

#12 Shay Moose

Shay Moose

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water II
  • Logged Dives:4

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

So I am only OW certified with single digit dives. Enrolled in AOW but temps dropped to fast here to complete ocean portion. Would you recommend this dive or suggest waiting for a later one after I complete my AOW?

I would really like to do the Big Blue but if that’s going to be an impossibility I would like to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

Séamus

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

So I am only OW certified with single digit dives. Enrolled in AOW but temps dropped to fast here to complete ocean portion. Would you recommend this dive or suggest waiting for a later one after I complete my AOW?

I would really like to do the Big Blue but if that’s going to be an impossibility I would like to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

Séamus

Hey Seamus... will you get any add'l dives under your belt before the trip? How comfortable are you in the water? Typical man in water or a fish who just got his first bc and tank and feel as if you are finally home?  You can call me to discuss further at 8645576079 but single digit dives and OW qualifies you to 60 ft. Diving to 120 is really challenging but not impossible. Let's talk if you like?  Kamala

formerly...

#14 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Any docs we need to fill out for the boat?

I found this on the Aggressor website:

GIS (GUEST INFORMATION SYSTEM)

The Reservations Office, Belize Aggressor III and Belize Aggressor IV require each guest to complete a Cruise Application and Waiver prior to departure and diving through our online GIS (Guest Information System). If you have not received a link to complete the online Guest Information System (GIS), please call an Aggressor Liveaboards agent. Passengers who fail to complete it online will be denied boarding.

Do we need to reach out to Aggressor directly to get this "link"?

Edited by jesterdiver, 20 January 2019 - 10:01 PM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

Any docs we need to fill out for the boat?

I found this on the Aggressor website:

GIS (GUEST INFORMATION SYSTEM)

The Reservations Office, Belize Aggressor III and Belize Aggressor IV require each guest to complete a Cruise Application and Waiver prior to departure and diving through our online GIS (Guest Information System). If you have not received a link to complete the online Guest Information System (GIS), please call an Aggressor Liveaboards agent. Passengers who fail to complete it online will be denied boarding.

Do we need to reach out to Aggressor directly to get this "link"?

Jose Great Question!

When Kamala makes the final reservations she distributes the link from Aggressor Fleet via the Trip PM and if needed the Trips Inbox; at that time Aggressor will recognize all attendees as properly registered with them for the trip. Please do NOT attempt using the GIS link before we issue the link via the Trip PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users