• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Belize 2019: Tour Ideas & let us know if interested in doing one

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

Here are the tour ideas that Aggressor offers. I can check for others at our industry show mid Nov as well as email a few people in the industry and see what I can come up with.

Tours will be at the discretion of any members wanting to go. They are not part of the package but we will help set them up if you wish to help you stay safe and hopefully save money via economy of scale. If you have other ideas that you have discovered PLEASE share them so everyone wanting to spend a few days in Belize can do so!

Also lets standardize on ONE hotel so we can all be there if you are arriving early and need extra nights or staying later. Usually people use the Radisson as it normally has the best pricing. I can block some rooms if you like so we can more easily share. Let me know your hotel preference.

NOTE: Most of the other hotels are NOT where you fly into on the mainland...they are on one of the Cayes or small nearby islands which means a flight or long ferry ride.

TOURS OFFERED BY AGGRESSOR AND BOOKABLE FOR YOU BY SINGLEDIVERS.COM:

Belize Extended Stay Excursionsyellow-hzline.png Lamanai Landing Hotel Package - Add on a day with Tour activities at RAZ (Rainforest
Adventure Zone) hiking, kayaking, & ziplining. Includes lunch, breakfast and overnight at hotel.

• 4 Day/3 Night Mayan Ruins & Jungle Tour - Three Adventures in One - Includes tours of Belize jungle & ruins, Cave Tubing & Zip Line and Guatamalan Jungle and Ruins.

Belize Boutique Resort & Spa - The internationally known private 4-star luxury Resort and Spa provides all the pampering amenities of an upscale hotel including Gourmet dining 2 pools and adventure tours to all the top destinations in Belize.

Bzruins.jpgLamanai Mayan Temples & the New River Safari
Lamanai is cradled on the shores of the New River Lagoon and is thought to be the largest Mayan ceremonial site in the region. Stretching over a huge expanse on the Belize New River, Lamanai boasts over 800 structures deep in the lush jungle. A one hour drive from Belize City brings you to the Tower Hill Bridge where you will board a riverboat for a spectacular ride. Your guide will point out species of birds and wildlife that inhabit the area, including spider monkeys and crocodiles.
Zoo.jpg

Belize Zoo Tour
The Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center gives you a unique opportunity to view Belize's prolific wildlife in one location.
It is home to over 150 animals representing over 45 species including an impressive array of large cats, primates, reptiles and birds who reside in a natural setting.
Belize Zoo Tours are scheduled for Friday afternoon.

View More Images

CaveTubing.jpgCave Tubing
Embark on a one hour drive to Caves Branch Outpost where your adventure will begin. The Caves Branch River is a winding waterway through the caves once inhabited by the ancient Maya. The Cave Tubing adventure starts with a jungle trail hike to the entrance tunnel that heads in to the underground cave system. Your guide hands out headlamps and you will float in inflated inner tubes assisted by gentle currents taking you through the cave system. Intricate crystalline formations line the caves with stalagmites and stalactites. Cave Tubing is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
ZipLine.jpgBelize Ziprider
What could be more fun than ziplining through the Belize rainforest? The 6 zipline course ranges in length from 200' to 600' between treetop platforms secured in the canopy of tropical hardwood trees. Intriguing karst limestone cliffs provide a scenic backdrop as you zip through the rainforest canopy.
This zipline course is truly unforgettable and second to none in Central America. Ziplining is scheduled for Friday afternoon.

Belize Recommended Accommodationsyellow-hzline.png
RadissonBelize.jpgRadisson Ft. George, Belize City, Belize
Host Hotel to Belize Aggressor III & IV
Situated in the heart of Belize City, this hotel's location is right across the street from where the boats dock. During your stay, you can make use of the hotel's outstanding amenities, including complimentary high-speed Internet access, two beautiful swimming pools, a full-service marina and dive shop and on-site dining. During your stay, visit the Belize Zoo, Jungle tours or Mayan Ruins.

View more images

DuPlooys.jpgDuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, Belize
A small eco resort nestled on the banks of the Macal River is located on 100 acres of lush tropical broadleaf forest. The lodge offers 21 private and family-style accommodations.

There are tons of things to do in and around the area; enjoy Duplooys rainforest trails, visit the adjacent Botanical Garden, canoe on the Macal, Mopan or Belize Rivers, visit the best Mayan ruins anywhere, see spectacular caves, go birding, horseback riding and so much more.
ChaaCreeek.JPGChaa Creek, Belize
This beautiful award winning lodge has 23 palm thatched cottage rooms with a full-service spa.Chaa Creeks private 365-acre nature reserve set along the banks of the Macal River in the foothills of the Maya Mountains is home to a number of exotic jungle dwellers including peccaries, jaguar, monkeys and many others as well as over 300 species of tropical and migratory birds. Guests are literally surrounded by one of the most pristine ecosystems in the world.
ramons.jpgRamon's Village Resort 
Ramon's Village is a beachfront sanctuary nestled in a tropical garden of Royal Palms, bougainvillea, lilies, hibiscus and dozens of other types of tropical flora. Surrounded by the plant life are Mayan sculptures that provide a glimpse of the civilization that preceded us to this Caribbean paradise.

The cabanas (cabins) were built from native materials by craftsmen utilizing the same skill and techniques the islanders used in the days of the great sailing ships.

LamanaiLandings.jpgLamanai Landings
Over-the-water rooms offer scenic views of the Tower Hill lagoon. In the morning, you can listen as the canopy becomes alive with all the chirping of the colorful birds. In the evening, you can enjoy tranquil and romantic sunset views from your private balcony. All rooms have air conditioning, wi-fi, ensuite bathroom with shower and queen or king beds. Amenities include on-site car rentals, restaurant & bar, gift shop and24 hour security.

View more images

VictoriaHouse-1.jpgVictoria House, Ambergris Caye
Victoria House offers a variety of world-class accommodations, from spacious infinity pool Villas, luxurious Suites, Plantationand Staterooms, to the quintessential tropicalCasita.. Perched at the edge of the Belize Barrier Reef, Victoria House offers an onsite Restaurant, Poolside Patio, Admiral Nelson’s Beach Bar, tour desk, onsite dive shop, stunning public gardens, outdoor infinity edged pools and a spectacular private beach.

View more images

content-02.gif

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:43 AM

I've done the zipline and Lamanai Mayan Temples and recommend them.  The zipline is easy but over real quick unless you take the longer one.   The Temple is actually very cool but be careful if you climb to the top since you don't take the stairs back down for some reason I do not remember.  The climb back down is intimidating if you don't like heights.  My wife made the better choice to stay on the ground.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Scott. I did the tubing which was fun but chilly...use your wetsuit! And we did the zoo one year which was cool as well.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Flamingfish

Flamingfish

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

I highly recommend the zoo, if you like animals. I also recommend Lamanai (the trip to the ruins, not the hotel Lamanai thing.) Part of the trip to Lamanai is a boat ride down a crocodile infested river. I’ve also done the cave tubing, which is fun. I don’t remember it being cold, so maybe I was there at a different time of year. If you can stay a few days extra, a trip to the Mountain Pine Ridge area (rainforest, caves, and ruins) is good. The Mayan ruins at Tikal (just across the border in Guatemala) are amazing, and it’s also a good place for birdwatching.

#5 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

WOW, Glad I decided to check in; thought i was supposed to get an email notice when someone answered my question on this forum, guess not.  Not sure where to start now.  I want to book my own airfare but also sign up for the Mayan Ruins, Jungle Tour & Zipline and Cave Tubing.  Looking to book inexpensive lodging - hopefully at a double occupancy rate, Kamala?   Please advise the dates I need to book my airfare so I can proceed with that chore.  Thanks.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

WOW, Glad I decided to check in; thought i was supposed to get an email notice when someone answered my question on this forum, guess not.  Not sure where to start now.  I want to book my own airfare but also sign up for the Mayan Ruins, Jungle Tour & Zipline and Cave Tubing.  Looking to book inexpensive lodging - hopefully at a double occupancy rate, Kamala?   Please advise the dates I need to book my airfare so I can proceed with that chore.  Thanks.

Roger that. Anyone else want to join her? I will ask Aggressor if they have mins needed to run the tours they offer.

formerly...

#7 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Thank you, Kamala!  I am fine with booking the lodging at the Radisson.  Just want to make sure I allow sufficient time before and after for the tours.  Will arrival on  Mar 7th and departure on Mar 20th allow sufficient time?  

Sharon

#8 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:25 AM

Sharon,

It was easier and faster for everyone if you booked your own here:

https://www.viator.c...ursions/d746-g5

Then you can set your own schedule on your own terms.  You can post here and maybe others would want to join in.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Thanks Scott...he is right! :respect:

formerly...

#10 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

I have submitted my itinerary for Belize trip.  I will be arriving March 7th at 2pm on American Airlines #2454 and departing Tues Mar 19th on American Airlines #1419, 11:42am.  I have not booked any tours as yet but looking forward to taking in a few activities and local sites.  

Sharon

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#11 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

I was looking to book a tour but it required two people for the rate - want to do a Mayan ruin - cave tubing - zipline - jungle river - zoo  - whatever.  See a little country.

#12 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

I was looking to book a tour but it required two people for the rate - want to do a Mayan ruin - cave tubing - zipline - jungle river - zoo  - whatever.  See a little country.

You would do best to go ahead and book what you want.  There is usually someone onboard that will take the second spot.  You can put Kamala's name in for the second and then change it when someone takes it if they have to have a name now.  It's another value added service.

#13 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

So, I'm trying to decide the difference between these tours - it's very confusing and the price ranges from $140 to $200 for what appears to be very similiar experiences -- Can you tell me, Scott, which one you would recommend:

https://www.expedia....dedRegion=false

OR

#14 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

So, I'm trying to decide the difference between these tours - it's very confusing and the price ranges from $140 to $200 for what appears to be very similiar experiences -- Can you tell me, Scott, which one you would recommend:

OR

This is an easy one.  I would go with the first one.  However, having done ziplines in Belize I can say that 8 platforms is hardly worth the effort.  8 ziplines will be over in about 15mins.  The way it works is it takes a while to get to the first platform but generally you go from platform to platform by zipline at that point so it is almost like just doing one zipline. By the same token, tubing will be over very quickly also since they are combining two activities in one daytrip. If you have never done one before then 8 ziplines might be a good starting point otherwise it will be letdown.  If you really want ziplines then I would get a substantial zipline only package maybe before the trip and a tubing only package after the trip.  

#15 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

That sounds like an excellent suggestion, Scott, but I can't find any tubing only and zipline only tours, at least not on Expedia.  I have booked the Altun Ha Maya Site & Belize Zoo Combo Tour for Sunday, Mar 17th.  I have done ziplines before and am ready for the next level.  Guess I'll have to expand my search.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users