• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

I was recently on an extended diving journey, three land based resorts, and one liveaboard experience. At all 4 locations, dive boat personnel requested, weights pockets/belts be handed up, followed by BCD, and fins, in order for the guest/diver to have easy access to board the boat. Since I have no problem boarding a dive boat/tender fully geared, I chose remain fully geared, unless rough seas were encountered.

In all 4 locations, I experienced other divers, who upon reaching the dive boat/tender, would spit out their reg, and immediately start a conversation with a dive buddy/husband/wife. I realize you've just spent an hour [or more] underwater, observing the wonders of marine life in the most amazing marine environment, and you're excited about what you've seen. But, can't you wait; until you're on board the dive boat/tender, on the way back to the resort/liveaboard, the surface interval? There are others in the water, or on board, waiting, while you're having a conversation!!!

The dive is OVER, get on the boat!!!

Just my 2 psi.

• Resqdew likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users