• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Before & After DAYS in Hawaii...re: Our Sept 2019 KONA trip

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2019 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now

Hey gang...usually we try to set up a group hotel or even a coordinated group event for days before and after when we travel to one of our amazing dive destinations. Most venues are easy to do this for so that is why we do it for you. OTOH (on the other hand) some venues are too complicated to find something that appeals to everyone or meets everyone's needs.

This venue has proven to be the latter kind of venue. Some of you have miles/hotel points and wish to use them to set up a room before or after the trip. Some want to do some local diving. One member has even offered to help people with transfers from the airport to the boat in his rental car depending on when you arrive.

So let's have members SHARE what they are doing or want to do and see if you can just connect with each other and share rooms if that works out and/or dive plans or even taxi's and/or rental cars. (Feel free to us the topic or PM each other until you have finalized arrangments and then let trips@singledivers.com know.)

Simply post in this topic you are reading and let us know what you are doing and the trip TCs will help to organize not only what everyone is doing but if you would.like to share a room or share your plans. If you will be in Hawaii early for work or other personal reasons please do not feel as if you have to let someone share with you. This is strictly voluntary and will enable everyone to plan their pre and post extra days IF THERE ARE ANY more seamlessly. Of course if you have booked a room in a specific hotel/island and would like to share with someone...PLEASE let us know.  :thankyou:

AGAIN PLEASE KEEP ALL RELATED DISCUSSIONS IN THIS TOPIC and if needed we will break them out and/or manage them to best facilitate everyone's needs and wants. Thank you! Kamala

RESPONSE DETAILS

1. Cecile aka Zil - ARR 8/31 in the PM and DEP 9/7

2. Butch aka Cajun Diver - ARR 8/29 and DEP 9/7

3. Brian aka bgdiver1963 -  ARR 8/29 5:14pm and DEP 9-7 12:50pm Staying at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona 75-146 Sarona Road , Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740. for 2 nights.  Interested in the seahorse and octopus farms and maybe the National Park.

4. Tim aka Buzo Guero - ARR 8/31 and DEP 9/7

5. Chuck aka chuckE - ARR 8/28 and DEP 9/7

6. Beth aka EagleRayLover - ARR 8/30 DEP 9/7 Just reserved a room for the night of 8/30 at the Holiday Inn Express, 75-146 Sarona Rd., Kailua-Kona. PM if you would like to share the room.

7.  Patty aka NJ Turtle - arriving in Kona on Wednesday the 28th and meeting the group on the 31st.  If there's another gal out there that would like to share a hotel room and car rental, please let me know.

8.  Pat aka Blue Tang - arriving in Kona on the 30th and I’ll be staying at the Sheraton Kona resort at Keauhou Bay. If anyone else is going to be there let me know. And I will be heading home on the seventh.

9.  Shelli aka shellig - ARR 8/28 Honolulu; 8/30 to Kona rooming with Beth

Edited by Cajun Diver, 20 August 2019 - 07:01 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Zil

Zil

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Lots but not as many as Kamala

Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

I am flying in from Maui Aug 31 in the afternoon. I will also be flying back to Maui to depart on the Saturday. So I will not be staying on the Big Island. I have dove with Jacks Dive Locker and found them decent. If you are staying on the island... I do recommend 2 activities. The sea horse and octopus breeding farms... hands on activities!
  • WreckWench likes this

#3 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:35 PM

I will likely go a day or two early and should know in the next month how much time I can take off.  I may stay on Oahu and then to Kona depending on flights out of Houston and what looks fun to do while getting used to the time difference.  Looks like there is a lot to do on the Big Island too according to this site which mentions the seahorse farm Zil mentions above.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#4 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1055

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:26 AM

I will be arriving at KOA  8-29-19 at 4:49pm on Hawaiian Air from HNL, Flight 7875.  Return will be Saturday 9-7-19 at 12:50 pm back to HNL.  Will be staying in town  at

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona

75-146 Sarona Road , Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740.

for the 2 nights.

I would be interested in both the seahorse and octopus farms and maybe the National Park.

Brian

Edited by bgdiver1963, 23 July 2019 - 07:11 PM.

#5 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

I am arriving on the 31st & departing late on the 7th.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

Thank you everyone for sharing...and our uber cyber elves Brad and Butch for capturing it for us in the first post! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 chuckE

chuckE

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:54

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

I am arriving in Kona on August 28 and departing on September 7

Chuck
chuckE
  • Cajun Diver likes this

#8 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

I am arriving in Kona on August 28 and departing on September 7

Chuck
chuckE

Added you to the first post :diver:

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#9 EagleRayLover

EagleRayLover

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:402

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:53 PM

I am arriving KOA 7:30 PM August 30; departing 8:30 PM September 10. I'm renting a car after we depart the boat and heading out to birding hotspots on the Big Island. If there are any birders in the group, you are welcome to join me. Warning: I am an enthusiastic birder, not necessarily a good birder  :)  

ETA: Just reserved a room for the night of 8/30 at the Holiday Inn Express, 75-146 Sarona Rd., Kailua-Kona. PM if you would like to share the room.

Looking forward to diving in Hawaii!

Edited by EagleRayLover, 04 April 2019 - 06:39 PM.

Beth

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

I am arriving KOA 7:30 PM August 30; departing 8:30 PM September 10. I'm renting a car after we depart the boat and heading out to birding hotspots on the Big Island. If there are any birders in the group, you are welcome to join me. Warning: I am an enthusiastic birder, not necessarily a good birder  :)  

ETA: Just reserved a room for the night of 8/30 at the Holiday Inn Express, 75-146 Sarona Rd., Kailua-Kona. PM if you would like to share the room.

Looking forward to diving in Hawaii!

Added you to the first post :fish2:

#11 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Hi all,
I will be arriving in Kona on Wednesday the 28th and meeting the group on the 31st.
If there's another gal out there that would like to share a hotel room and car rental, please let me know.
  • shellig, Cajun Diver and dive_sail_etc like this

#12 Bluetang

Bluetang

On a roll now.....

• Forums Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

I will be arriving in Kona on the 30th and I’ll be staying at the Sheraton Kona resort at Keauhou Bay. If anyone else is going to be there let me know. And I will be heading home on the seventh.
  • Cajun Diver and dive_sail_etc like this

#13 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:03 PM

I will be arriving in Kona on the 30th and I’ll be staying at the Sheraton Kona resort at Keauhou Bay. If anyone else is going to be there let me know. And I will be heading home on the seventh.

Added you to the first post :fish2:

#14 EagleRayLover

EagleRayLover

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:402

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:27 PM

Have traveled a lot this year, so changed my departure from Kona to Saturday evening September 7. I submitted a revised travel itinerary to both SD and Aggressor.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Beth

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

Have traveled a lot this year, so changed my departure from Kona to Saturday evening September 7. I submitted a revised travel itinerary to both SD and Aggressor.

Thanks Beth - we will update your entry above. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users