• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

General Info from the Explorer Venture web-page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John57

John57

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:384

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:40 AM

A beautiful and luxurious liveaboard boat, the Turks & Caicos Explorer II, was designed to be a luxury yacht/charter perfect for Turks and Caicos diving.  Designed from the ground up in 1995, she was purchased by Explorer Ventures and put into operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands in February 2005.  Equipped with Naiad stabilizers and a heavy keel, she serves as well as a Turks & Caicos liveaboard and does well on longer, open-water excursions to the Silver Bank, 80 miles north of the the Dominican Republic.

The luxury vessel carries up to 20 passengers and 8 crew. All staterooms throughout the vessel have port lights or windows, individually-controlled air-conditioning, and private ensuite bathrooms.

A comfortable full-width salon, located forward of the spacious dive deck, provides seating for all guests at once, a wet bar, and an entertainment area with DVD and CD stereo. The boat deck, one level up, has ample room for sunning and relaxing; the flybridge includes a wet bar, and comfortable seating for up to 15. The two VIP staterooms located on the upper boat deck, as well as the two forward staterooms on the main deck, are equipped with TV/VCR.

I will be going on this trip. 

I am sure our Fearless Leader will be posting "Official Information" as soon as she surfaces from her current trip.  In the meantime, please allow me to post a place-holder topic. Please take any info I post with a grain of salt and be prepared to laugh at me when Kamala corrects me..

I asked Kamala about SD booking me for this trip outside the SD trips and she liked the idea so much the trip is added as a SingleDivers.com trip. 

I'm not sure how many spaces she has reserved out of the 20.  Normal configuration is:

Boat Deck - VIP staterooms 1 & 2 - Queen size bed - 2 pers each room

Main Deck - Staterooms 3 & 4 - twin beds - 2 pers each room

Main Deck - Staterooms 5, 6 & 7 - twin/queen beds - 2 pers each room

Lower Deck - Staterooms 8, 9 & 10 - Twin upper/lower - 2 pers each room

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this
And on the eighth day, God said "OK, Murphy, you take over."

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

Thanks John! You are hired!

We realized that we were a bit behind on getting trips for early 1Q next year set up so jumped on this great deal we found to return to an old fave.... (wonder who helped us find that little gem eh?)  ;)

Tks for the info..we'll have this trip open for booking soon! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 John57

John57

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

OK, some more information:
Up to 27 dives over 5 and a half days. Up to 5 night dives.
January water temperature averages 79 degrees. Air temp ranges from 73 to 80.
T&C airport is Providenciales PLS.
Visitors from Canada or the US do not need visas but do need to fill in a customs form.
Currency is the US$.
Electrical is 120v, same as US.
Traffic drives on the left (not that we will see many cars on the boat ).
Nitrox available for a price.
The Turks & Caicos Explorer II was built in 1995 and renovated in 2005.
You may board after 15:00 (Sat) and we leave Providenciales the next morning. We disembark by 09:00 on the last day (Sat).
Days aboard Turks & Caicos Explorer II generally involve breakfast from 7 am to 8 am (cold breakfasts are available for late risers), followed by two morning dives, lunch at 12:30 pm, two afternoon dives, dinner at 6:30 pm, and a night dive.
Caribbean reef sharks are common, as are spotted eagle rays, jacks, grouper, and turtles.
Also spotted on a frequent basis are blacktips, tiger sharks, hammerheads, and manta rays.

#4 John57

John57

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

Our host live-aboard has been voted one of the best in the world.  Looks like Fearless Leader can pick the good ones!  Thanks, Kamala. 
https://www.explorer...ce-awards_2019/

• Cajun Diver and dive_sail_etc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users