• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 RED SEA 2021 QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS...Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:47 AM

Hi I was getting mixed up on the 72 vs 96 hour rules which seem convulted to me. Please note these 2 items below as they are important. Make sure you check the test copy requirements too. So I just looked up https://eg.usembassy...19-information/

• Passengers travelling from Japan, China, Thailand, North America, South America, Canada, London Heathrow, Paris, and Frankfurt will be allowed to provide the test certificate performed at a maximum of 96 hours prior to flight departure, due to the long travel and transit period from these airports.
    • Although we understand the PCR testing policy to require a test result performed no more than 96 hours before the original departing flight, we have received anecdotal reports that some travelers have been denied entry when their PCR test was performed more than 96 hours prior to the departure of their connecting flight.
    • Travelers must present paper copies of the test results; digital copies will not be accepted.
    • Children under the age of six of all nationalities are exempt.
    • Incoming tourists must show proof of health insurance upon arrival.
    • The Embassy is unable to confirm if your specific health insurance policy will be accepted as proof of insurance by the Egyptian authorities and is unable to confirm whether your proposed flight itinerary and the date of your PCR test complies with Egyptian government policy.
    • Please contact the Egyptian Embassy in Washington D.C. or the nearest Consulate for updated information concerning Egyptian government policies and with your specific questions regarding required proof of insurance and PCR testing timelines.

#32 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:56 AM

Another tip if you are fair skinned like me.  My dermatologist recommended a UV umbrella to use white waiting in the sun.  Sounds a bit crazy but we are going in the absolute heat of the Summer when it will be quite hot and high sun.  I found an umbrella on https://uv-blocker.com/ and ordered it and also on Amazon.  Its a bit bigger and heavier than I would like but I am going to take it. I just had a bad mole removed on my arm!  The umbrella is silver to reflect heat.  We watched a program on Egypt which was quite awesome and the lady in it always had her umbrella up and it looked like the same one!  There looks to be almost no shade when touring.  I may have a lot of friends!

Also recommend thin UV long sleeves and pants if you can stand it.

Going to be a great safe trip!  Happy travels.  Hope to meet you at the TWA lounge sometime!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users