• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005 9/3-10Grenada-SpiceIsles Land/Reef/WreckDream

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
708 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:05 PM

Who's Going?

1. Kamala aka WW of course! - Dallas, TX - (pd/air/F-S)
2. Henry aka ScubaHawk - Council Bluffs, Iowa - (trip pd/F-F)
3. Michelle aka cmt489 - Vancouver, BC - (trip pd) xnts-1,2,10th (xtra nites pd)
4. Rosa aka DiveGirl412 - San Deigo, CA - (pd/SO) xnts-2,10,11th
5. Mike aka Bubski aka Bubble2Bubble ($880/$527/$527/trip pd) xnts-2nd
6. Walter aka Walter - Ft Myers, FL (trip pd)
7. John aka Meteora - Raleigh, NC (trip pd/air)
8. Kathryn aka Little Mermaid - Golden, CO (trip pd) xnts-1,2,10th
9. Michael aka Neptuner - CO (dep/1st pd) xnts 31st,1,2,10th (has made own arrangemnts)
10. Que aka Sea Urchin - Plano, TX (trip pd) + nitrox + air + xnts 2,10
11. Carla aka Rkmtwy - Littleton, CO (pd)
12. Jerry aka NCMasterDiver (dep & air) - Now no extra nights
13. Allan aka SpongeAl (trip pd)
14. Russ aka TechDive (trip pd)
15. Doug aka Sun50 - (trip pd) xtra nights 2nd
16. Trey aka Merman - (trip pd) + air (4-10)

hmmm...could SD's newest couple secret member #1 be on this trip?...maybe....

Check in the mail...

Hopefully YOURS!!!

Full Details below:

Come join us for a Wreck and Reef Fantasy in the Spice Capital of the World and Home of the Carribean Titanic...the Bianca 'C' sunk in the shallow waters off beautiful Grenada teeming with abundant marine life, pristine reefs and corals, and viturally untouched by Hurricane Ivan. (The damage was on the leeward side of the island opposite of where all the diving is!)

We will be staying at a lovely resort True Blue Bay with full service inhouse dive shop and dive boats conveniently docked at the hotel. True Blue took minor damage from the storm and has already rebuilt and remodeled that which was damaged to even nicer accommodations than when I was there last September. And speaking of last September...I was not only able to set up this fantastic dive trip for SingleDivers.com but I was part of a underwater story written on Grenada that is featured this month in the Winter 2004 issue of WreckDiving Magazine. You'll see my blond mugshot several places in the article which I've also attached for everyone to read more about the absolutely fabulous diving in Grenada.

Although the article talks about the wrecks of Grenada...they are VERY easy diving for all diving skills....fully encrusted which means that they are prettier than many of the traditional reefs yet they represent only a fraction of the diving available in Grenada!

This will be a limited space trip...only 16 spots...once the spots are full they are full and it is doubtful we can get more space so don't wait too long to sign up for this one!

The Package:

September 3-10, 2005 (Sat to Sat)

This is a very unique opportunity to see a pristine diving destination that has full amenities and infrasture due to its active spice trade and medical university yet has only recently been 'discovered' and becoming popular for its diving. Grenada diving is what Cozumel and other destinations used to be! We'll have optional land tours where you can tour the nutmeg processing factory...the nutmeg farms and countryside...the beautiful waterfalls...and other island offerings! They are well worth it and allow you to really experience the ambiance of the island. You can also extend your trip beyond 7 days as well as add additional diving to your package!

The Specs:

Diving is with Aquanauts Grenada and we'll be staying at click here for True Blue Bay Resort . See full package details below these summaries.

7 nights/5 days Diving/12 boat dives/Going away dinner/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $1125 diver d/o $698 non-diver d/o

Optional Add-on's:

• Single Room Upgrade: $71 per night or $497 for 7nites;
• Extra Night Stay Hotel Room S/O: $142 extra night D/O: $71 (if we can arrange a roommate for you)
• Additional Afternoon (1) tank dive: $42 per dive
• Additional Tanks for Shore Diving: TBD
• Nitrox: $6 per tank for house mix of 30%
$10 per tank for any other mix
• Nutmeg Factory, Chocolate Factory, Island and Waterfall Tours available for afternoon sight seeing options for a resonable fee of: $ Being Negotiated

DIVE PACKAGES

1 Tank Dive US$ 42
2 Tank Dive US$ 75
4 Dives US$ 148
6 Dives US$ 220
8 Dives US$ 291
10 Dives US$ 360
12 Dives US$ 427 (our pkg is set up and includes 12 dives already however you can choose any dive package that you want...just let me know!)

Discounts:

1. SingleDiver.com Premier Membership Discount <$25>
2. Early Bird Booking Discount if paid in full by 2/01/05 <$50>
3. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via paypal please add 3% processing fee.

Deposit Information:

1. Payment in full by 2/01/05 receives $50 off the trip price for early bird booking and payment and as always premier and charter members recieve an additional $25 member discount.

2. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $200 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.

3. Deposit Schedule:

a. $200 due at booking
b. 50% of trip total due May 1st or $562.50
c. 50% of trip less $200 or Bal of trip due July 1st $$362.50

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal. (We are not able to accept credit cards directly at this time only via paypal.)

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to SingleDivers.com email = kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name as well as the trip name you are sending money for in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment with screen name & trip name on memo line on the check made out to SingleDivers.com LLC to:

SingleDivers.com LLC
Attn: Kamala Shadduck
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

SD Trip Payment Update:

1. Effective August 1, 2005 our new legal name is SingleDivers.com LLC

2. Please make all checks payable to SingleDivers.com LLC.

3. Effective August 15th, all checks will be deposited electronically and/or redeposited electronically if necessary. This will accelerate the clearance time of your funds enabling quicker crediting to your account.

4. As of August 15th: Returned checks are subject to a service fee, as permitted by law. We may electronically collect returned checks, service charges and other applicable charges. For more information, call Collect More Checks
877-521-3513

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post a post in the thread that you plan to join us. We'll then put your name on the 'check in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the trip rooming & diving survey which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!"
or click here to link to it.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.

* INCLUDED in 7nite/5 day LAND ONLY package:

7 nights at the beautiful yet ultra friendly True Blue Bay Resort with resturant and world famous Stuart's Bar on premises!
5 days diving 2 tanks dives with Aquanauts Grenada on premises
2 afternoon dives (days to be determined)
Airport transfers to and from airport and hotel
Welcome Cocktail on day of arrival
SD.com famous “Meet & Greet” Welcome Party including Cocktails, Beverages and Food
Daily SD.com “H20” Happy Hours (you buy duty free liquor we supply the mixers and munchies!)
Full Continental Breakfast Daily Included. (Menu items are also available for a charge.)
End of Trip Oceanside Departure Dinner sponsored by SD at the Aquarium 4 Star Restaurant
SD.com signature t-shirt
Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners

NOT Included:

Airfare*, Airport Taxes, Departure Taxes approx $20, Personal Incidentals, or Meals other then the Departure Dinner

*Call/email for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city!

DFW $707.00 (Dallas)

LAX $773.00 (LA)

DCA $581.00 (Washington National)

IAH $722.00 (Houston Intercontinental)

DEN $760.00 (Denver)

MIA $537.00 (Miami)

BOS $571.00 (Boston)

JFK $569.00 (JFK)

MSP $722.00 (Minneapolis-St. Paul)

SEA $789.00 (Seattle)

ATL $652.00 (Atlanta)

Plus $60 airport taxes.

To check air on your own...AA, USAir, Air Canada and Air Jamaica are the primary carriers to the island.

Meals: Breakfast is included daily as well as heavy appetizers one evening and a full departure dinner our last night. Food is very reasonably priced in Grenada and we will dine at a number of very inexpensive yet delicious venues while on the island.

Hotel Information: True Blue Bay Resort has a wonderful sense of casual Caribbean style. The beautiful teak furniture and bright Caribbean colors gives their accommodations a wonderful scent of the tropics and an elegant sense of comfort . Let these rooms be your little hideaway after a day of Caribbean adventures. At sunset open your balcony door and prepare yourself to see the dramatic colors of one of those Caribbean sunset skies. You have a choice of twin beds or a king size four-poster bed if opting for a Single Room. The rooms are all fully air conditioned, have phone, cable TV, fully equipped kitchenettes and balconies overlooking the bay and the infinity pool.

Hotel Amenities
• Baggage check
• Beach view & Lagoon view
• Entertainment
• Gift Shop
• Handicap accessible
• Health club facilities
• Infinity Pool
• Lounges/Bars - 1
• Restaurants on premises - 1
• Safety deposit box in Lobby
• Dedicated Guest Computer for internet access; we can also send faxes, print and make photo copies.

Recreation:
• Bike rental
• Moped rental
• Swimming pools - 2
• Water sports available on premises (two Hobie cats and a selection of kayaks to go sailing or paddling in the bay).
• Dive Shop

Location/Transportation:• Downtown location - 1 mile from downtown
• Miles from airport - 3
• Miles from beach - short boat or car ride. Harbor & Ocean views
• Parking
• Beach Club with private pier

Miscellaneous Information:
• Hotel has ample facilities for scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and water sports

Trip Insurance Information:

Click here for free trip insurance quote and/or to buy it online.

1. You can obtain trip insurance for the Land package price or add in your airfare even if not obtaining the air via SD.com.
2. You can add an additional waiver for Supplier Default which means if the airline or the hotel or SD.com goes out of business before your trip that you are protected.
3. You can add an additional waiver for Pre-Existing Condition exclusion which means if you have an active pre-existing condition it will be waived should it flare up and cause you problems on your trip.
4. This insurance can be used for diving as well as non-diving vacations.

Here is a sample quote for me on the land portion of the trip only. As you can see it is very inexpensive for lots of coverage! -ww

Your custom standard quote is: $40.79
Your custom quote with Supplier Default and Pre-Existing Condition is: $59.48
(This adds Supplier Default coverage and a Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver , for an additional $18.69.)

Initial Trip Deposit Date = Use May 1 as your trip insurance deposit date.

Review Your Coverages Insurance Coverage Maximum Limit Per Person Maximum Limit Per Policy:

Trip Cancellation $775.00
Trip Interruption $1,162.50
Travel Delay $1,000.00
Baggage Delay $200.00
Baggage and Personal Effects $1,000.00
Air Flight Accident $100,000.00
Damage to Your Rental Car
(Call for availability) N/A or up to $25,000
Medical or Dental Expense $50,000.00
Emergency Assistance
(Emergency Medical Transportation) $250,000.00

This plan also includes:
Emergency Assistance Services
CSA's comprehensive Emergency Assistance Services are included with each policy. The services include pre-travel advice, medical and legal referral, emergency cash transfer, lost ticket and passport assistance, and emergency prescription refill assistance.

Attached Files

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 StuShark

StuShark

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, Adv Nitrox, Deco
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

how is Greneda since the hurricanes ?

#3 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:47 PM

Was not able to open the PDF file. Got a message saying it was damaged.

#4 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 29 December 2004 - 06:27 PM

The Package:

September 3-10, 2005 (Fri to Fri) 

September 3rd is a Saturday..... :cool1:
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:51 AM

how is Greneda since the hurricanes ?

It is still awesome....Come join us for a Wreck and Reef Fantasy in the Spice Capital of the World and Home of the Carribean Titanic...the Bianca 'C' sunk in the shallow waters off beautiful Grenada teeming with abundant marine life, pristine reefs and corals, and viturally untouched by Hurricane Ivan. (The damage was on the leeward side of the island opposite of where all the diving is!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:54 AM

Thank you Blue Dolphin....had Cozy on the brain but I fixed the dates to Sat to Sat! :cool1:

CC...can you see the pdf here:

Click here for another version of the pdf!

formerly...

#7 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:06 AM

Are there double AL 80s available in grenada, or will thy let us double up a set. Also is a deco gas available (50/50 or 100% O2)? What about other mixes? And finally, will they allow a deco dive?

Brent, Brad and Dale, you guys need to sign up so we can penetrate the wreck and explore!

To all my SD friends, have a safe and Happy New Year, whereever you may be.

Vinny

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

Yes you can band double 80's however you need to bring the bands yourself. The tanks are aluminum. They can do custom mixes however I'll need to check on availability of 50% or 100%. There are no stage bottles avail to rent so you would have to bring your own.

There is some penetration available however due to the fire that sunk the wreck in the first place...certain parts of the wreck are seriously unstable and not able to be penetrated.

The nice thing is that we can have non-wreckdivers do the reef next to the wreck...have casual wreckdivers do the surface of the wreck and more serious and properly trained divers explore more of the wreck. (Any diver wishing to explore more will need to verify proper training to do so.)

Brad may be working over Labor Day...but hopefully Brent can join you! And I'm sure I'll see you all in NC this year! -ww

formerly...

#9 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

Woo hoo! This sounds like a great trip - I'm definitely in. My deposit check will be in the mail tomorrow morning!

I'll also ping the "sharks and mermaids" group to see if any of them are interested in this trip.

Can't wait!

K

P.S. What airline is the fare that you posted with? Non-stop/flight change?

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

That is awesome! I can send you TONS of info on things to do 'above water'! The fares are via AA. From our neck of the world the routing would be Dallas/Houston/Miami/San Juan/Grenada. We will spend a good portion of the day traveling however the flights are not bad and the trip is sooooooooo worth it!

Did you read the write up in WreckDiving Magazine on Grenada? It is really great! -ww

formerly...

#11 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

COME ON REALLY BIG TAX RETURN!!!! :teeth:
Known puker

#12 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:19 PM

Count me in! I'll have to find someone to take my class, but one of my resolution revolutions for the year is to do a trip with you guys. I'll put a check in the mail when I get back from Ecuador.

Grenada should be a good spot for fish surveys, not much in our data base.

Dennis
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#13 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

OK Sandy - we're crossing our fingers that you get a big tax return! You need a good vacation to look forward to!

And looking forward to meeting you Dennis!

#14 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

Me, too and all of you!!

We all hope for a good tax return!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#15 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:01 PM

Brad may be working over Labor Day...but hopefully Brent can join you! And I'm sure I'll see you all in NC this year! -ww

no maybe about it, said a few months ago that i'd be gone at that time.

when were you down there again WW???

anyone know what the weather and sea conditions are like there in May?

WW, how did you get there? did you have to island hop? or did you fly from US straight to Grenada?

and on the doubles, you said bring the bands, do we need to bring the manifold as well?
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users