• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SNEAK PEEK: Ancient Egypt Nile & Luxor Tours + Air & Transfers

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW 1984; Nitrox 2008
  • Logged Dives:820 logged dives, 900+ total

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:03 PM

I know I was showing interest in the Raja Ampat Landbased trip, but I think I'm leaning more towards this liveaboard trip to the Red Sea now. And of course, I'm interested in the Nile tour package so mark me down, but I need to play with some numbers before I can book.

Jamelle your interest in the Nile Tour package has been noted both in the top post of this topic as well as under the Add Ons -> Land Tours list in Post #1 of the Red Sea trip Topic #4 Who's Going.

I will leave your question about how your flight arrival in Cairo syncs up with the tour for Kamala to answer... :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy fašade? It ain't no fašade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#17 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

I know I was showing interest in the Raja Ampat Landbased trip, but I think I'm leaning more towards this liveaboard trip to the Red Sea now. And of course, I'm interested in the Nile tour package so mark me down, but I need to play with some numbers before I can book.

Jamelle your interest in the Nile Tour package has been noted both in the top post of this topic as well as under the Add Ons -> Land Tours list in Post #1 of the Red Sea trip Topic #4 Who's Going.

I will leave your question about how your flight arrival in Cairo syncs up with the tour for Kamala to answer... :diver:

Okay, thank you. I do have the option to fly out of Palm Springs and Arrive at 2:35pm on May 6th. I just need some more info before I book the flights.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,100 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

I just booked the dive portion of this trip and want to book my flight (assuming I'll be doing the Nile tour package). The flight I'm looking at from LAX - London - Cairo arrives at 11:30pm on May 6th. If I fly in on May 5th and add an extra night at the same hotel (so I don't have to change rooms) will I still be met by a host at the airport on the 5th of May at 11:30pm?

I think so but I will double check. Also I have an air consolidator for this trip if you are interested in that. They can usually get either better rates or better seating etc. Let me know and I will check for you on the other.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Board Status:Turks & Caicos up next
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:629

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

I just booked the dive portion of this trip and want to book my flight (assuming I'll be doing the Nile tour package). The flight I'm looking at from LAX - London - Cairo arrives at 11:30pm on May 6th. If I fly in on May 5th and add an extra night at the same hotel (so I don't have to change rooms) will I still be met by a host at the airport on the 5th of May at 11:30pm?

I think so but I will double check. Also I have an air consolidator for this trip if you are interested in that. They can usually get either better rates or better seating etc. Let me know and I will check for you on the other.

British Airways canceled flights from London to Cairo for a week on July 20th, 2019:

From BBC: British Airways has cancelled all flights to the Egyptian capital Cairo for a week as a security "precaution".

So it's something to consider when doing your routing for this trip.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#20 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

British Airways canceled flights from London to Cairo for a week on July 20th, 2019:

From BBC: British Airways has cancelled all flights to the Egyptian capital Cairo for a week as a security "precaution".

So it's something to consider when doing your routing for this trip.

Cajun Diver,

Yeah, I'm already booked on British Airways, it's a nice direct flight to London and then on to Cairo. I'm flying a few days earlier than the trip starts and I have travel insurance so if British airways does cancel flights to Egypt, I'll have time to find another carrier that I can change to and my travel insurance will cover the cost.

• Cajun Diver likes this

#21 dkal

dkal

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

I am thinking about switching to the Nile trip but still need to know when the flight leaves JFK on May 6th to Cairo or May 8th before I can book my airfare.

Or if I book a flight all the way through to Cairo I will land at 1 or 230 am, how can I connect to the trip hotel?

Thanks

Debbie

#22 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

I am thinking about switching to the Nile trip but still need to know when the flight leaves JFK on May 6th to Cairo or May 8th before I can book my airfare.

Or if I book a flight all the way through to Cairo I will land at 1 or 230 am, how can I connect to the trip hotel?

Thanks

Debbie

Hi dkal,

I wanted to get my flight booked and out of the way and the only direct flight across the pond from LAX was to London and then to Cairo and arrived at like 11:30pm on 7 May so I'd miss the whole first day. I decided to fly in a day early because nice hotels with free airport shuttles were very in expensive. I then booked even a few days earlier because I wanted to fly on a particular type of jet from LAX-London and it was only available on 3 May, not on the 4th or 5th. So I'm now arriving 3 days early (more pool time!)

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,100 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:24 PM

Thanks

Debbie

I will ask our consolidator to see what she can quote for you. Tks, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#24 o2dive12

o2dive12

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

Please show Jeff aka o2dive12, interested in Cairo/Luxor add on package. Thanks!

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Please show Jeff aka o2dive12, interested in Cairo/Luxor add on package. Thanks!

Jeff so noted! :diver:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy fašade? It ain't no fašade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#26 SalishSeagal

SalishSeagal

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

I want to do it all: the Nile Tour + Luxor and diving of course.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#27 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:40 AM

I want to do it all: the Nile Tour + Luxor and diving of course.

Lori so noted! :diver:

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,100 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

UPDATE:

Hey gang I fully expect to have the final pricing for LESS than 11 people lined up shortly but since the pricing listed is for 11 people or more and we have about 9 people interested in the longer pkg including the Nile tour I think we are ok. I will connect our wholesaler with those such as dkal who need special help on flights. The balance will be taken care of as part of the pkg.

ONE REMAINING NOTE:

The price of the local flights go up when you do use Egyptian air for the int'l flights. It is not excessively higher but it will be more. Those are the final details I am trying to work out as this is a complicated trip and we have worked hard to give as many options as we can while still trying to offer some economy of scale.

Thank you for your patience especially as we start to lead another great SD.com trip to Hawaii!

formerly...

#29 scubastar

scubastar

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on my Rescue Diver Certification and more
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

add me to the list for the land based tours please

Edited by scubastar, 07 September 2019 - 03:09 PM.

• dive_sail_etc and scubastar like this

ScubaSt*r

#30 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

add me to the list for the land based tours please

Tami adding you to  Nile Tour + Luxor and diving of course AND so stoked for your upcoming Bucket List Red Sea adventures!! :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users