• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dana from Florida

Newbie Member

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Just Want 2 Dive

Just Want 2 Dive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW since 1984
  • Logged Dives:763

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

Hi Fellow Divers,

I am brand new to this dive community, but not to diving.

Started cold water diving in the Great Lakes (Superior & Michigan) in the mid 80's with divers from M & M Diving of Menominee, Michigan.  We had wonderful years diving as a group. 

For the 19 years, I have dove exclusively with my husband (another diehard diver).  We had many wonderful years diving in so many tropical, beautiful places.  Not to share too many boring details … but he recently decided he no longer wanted to be married to me.  So now I am returning to my roots of diving with a group!  

I look forward to traveling and diving with others who love scuba diving as much as I do.  Have over 750 dives … including the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Bonaire, Maui, Big Island of Hawaii, Caymans, and four islands in French Polynesia (Rangaroa, Fakarava, Moorea, and Boro Boro).

Love using the GoPro for videos to capture the moments.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

:welcome: Dana and we are sooooooooooooooooooooo glad you found us! Many of our divers have gone thru some challenge or another when they 'find us' but fortunately most stay with us as they heal and continue to make the club better and better!

Splash around the forums and start new topics or reply to existing ones...even if they are old...its like seeing old friends again when they are revived!

And if we can help you in anyway let us know. We try to annually do a FL diving trip but since we've been moving the club to FL we've not had enough time to organize our annual trip. We will have it back on the books next year for sure along with TONS of other trips HERE.

• little mermaid and Just Want 2 Dive like this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:10 AM

Welcome !

Started diving in 1984 ?  760 dives? 

Have you decided if you like diving, or you just giving it a 'quick try' .....  :lol:

I used to do mostly solo diving, but group diving is enjoyable with the right people.

• Just Want 2 Dive likes this

#4 Just Want 2 Dive

Just Want 2 Dive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW since 1984
  • Logged Dives:763

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

Hi Clearwater,

Look, I never became an Instructor, or DiveMaster.  Just enjoy seeing the pretty fishies in the tropical, warm water.  

I dove for 19 years with my soon to be X.  Looking forward to seeing if I like this scuba diving thing … so am so pumped to book my first dive with the group.

My problem is I live in Northern Michigan til the snows fly .. then I head back to my condo.  Too damn old for the cold winters up here.

Take care.  I'm a total newbie to all this!

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:53 PM

:hiya:  Dana and  :welcome:  to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com - the best for buddyless diving.  I too found SD after my dive buddy decided to "find himself"   :o   I have been diving with this group since 2005 and have been on many fabulous trips!!!!!   Kamala crew put on the best trips to wonderous locations.  Please look at the awesome trip selection and hope you are one one soon,  thinking of one of the Roatan trips in October  :cool2:

Kathy aka little mermaid

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:40 AM

Hi Fellow Divers,

I am brand new to this dive community, but not to diving.

Started cold water diving in the Great Lakes (Superior & Michigan) in the mid 80's with divers from M & M Diving of Menominee, Michigan.  We had wonderful years diving as a group.

For the 19 years, I have dove exclusively with my husband (another diehard diver).  We had many wonderful years diving in so many tropical, beautiful places.  Not to share too many boring details … but he recently decided he no longer wanted to be married to me.  So now I am returning to my roots of diving with a group! 

I look forward to traveling and diving with others who love scuba diving as much as I do.  Have over 750 dives … including the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Bonaire, Maui, Big Island of Hawaii, Caymans, and four islands in French Polynesia (Rangaroa, Fakarava, Moorea, and Boro Boro).

Love using the GoPro for videos to capture the moments.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Hi Dana, what a great introduction! :wavey: Our scuba histories are remarkably similar; I was certified in 1984, have 791 logged as of last weekend  :teeth: and cannot imagine spending $$$ and free time doing anything else! Also I enjoy collecting video clips on my now trusty old GoPro 3+ to share along with clips from others in the club on our SingleDivers.com Facebook Page.

However there are a few key differences; I've never had a long term dive buddy, and cannot imagine diving the chilly waters of the Great Lakes, my hat (hoodie?) :blink: is off to you!

We know you are going to enjoy diving with The Wench :blond:  and our club full of fun and collegial divers from literally all over the world. We look forward to meeting and diving with you on one of our great trips soon! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#7 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:00 AM

Hi Dana and Welcome to SingleDivers.com

This group is ideal for the diver without a regular buddy.  Pick a trip you want to do and everything else will fall  into place. 

Northern MI, so Upper MI?  I too have dove Superior, but find I would rather be on a warm water reef than wearing so much gear and insulation.

Sorry to hear about your mairrage breaking up, but it also gives you a new beginning.  Make the most of it, life is too short not to.

Keith

aka MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users