• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 RAJA AMPAT April 18 - 28, 2020 Meridian Adventures: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2020 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now   See the PHOTOS!

REMEMBER EACH TRAVELER MUST BE PREMIER MEMBER OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE THAT COVERS RELATED TRIP DATES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!

Dates:      April 18-28, 2020

HOW TO USE THIS TOPIC TO ASK QUESTIONS:

Hello and   :welcome: not only to our club but to the topic you can ask any questions you want about this trip. Please use this topic you are reading right now to ask your questions. You will need to be registered on the SingleDivers.com site and logged into our forums to be able to post. See below for links on how to do these things or email admin@singledivers.com for help.  We will answer your questions here AND update the main trip topic if necessary as well as keep the TRIP FAQ updated in the 2nd topic related to this trip.

TYPICAL QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS ASK:

How is the trip information organized?

#1 Trip Topic =  Full trip details, pricing, discounts, accommodations, travel details, etc.  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#2 Trip Tooic =  Ongoing Trip FAQ and Answers to the questions from topic #3  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#3 Trip Topic = Questions Topic... ask all your questions in this topic  (Open to anyone to post who is registered and logged in)

#4 Trip Topic = Who's Going, Who's doing what extras, Tours, Add On's etc. (Open to anyone who is GOING on the trip to post in if registered and logged in)

More detailed information is available in the thread title "How to Use this Forum to Manage Your Trip"

What are the "other" trip topics?

We will have other trip topics to help manage the pre-trip experience and ensure that you are as updated as possible. These include seeing who is celebrating a special event or ensuring you are getting the OFFICIAL TRIP PM.

How Do I Register on the SingleDivers.com site?

• www.singledivers.com
  • click on Forums or click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums under Forums
  • Click on REGISTER in the upper right corner
  • Choose a FUN SCREEN NAME ...email admin@singledivers.com if you need help. (Changing your screen name is very difficult to do after the fact so please take a few minutes to come up with a name you will like!)
  • Finish the registration process

NOTE: Only upgraded premium members can sign up for our trips. The premium membership enables you to receive private trip communications, see the profiles of who else is going, PM others on the trip (and other premium members on the site) as well as entitle you to numerous specials, discounts, perks and deals throughout the year.

How Do I Upgrade my Membership or Renew my Membership?

• www.singledivers.com
  • click on Forums or click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums under Forums
  • Login in the upper right (you know you are logged in when you see your screen name vs guest)
  • Click on the white links in the dark blue bar....the last one is MEMBERSHIP
  • Choose Premier (or higher) or if you are active duty military choose our Diver's In Uniform and we will work with you to validate your complementary membership. OTHERWISE... choose the payment option of either paypal or the SD payment portal
  • if you choose paypal your membership will be upgraded automatically and you can proceed immediately to book per the instructions below.
  • If you choose the SD payment portal please allow 2-3 days for your subscription to be cleared, validated and manually upgraded
  • Once your membership is upgraded you can book a trip with us.

Why do I have to log in more than once?

• You do NOT need to be logged in nor registered to read information on our site.
  • The site has two primary areas that require you to log into....the forums and the homepage which allows you to access the booking system/shopping cart.
  • No matter where you are you MUST LOG IN to either post or book.  To ensure your information is safe we REQUIRE YOU TO LOG IN EVERYTIME YOU LEAVE A SECURE AREA. This means if you leave the forums to book you need to log in again. If you leave the shopping cart to post in the forums you must log in again. 
  • YOU WILL ALWAYS USE THE SAME LOGIN INFO BUT YOU LOG INTO EACH DIFFERENT PART OF THE SITE DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. (This is a security measure to keep your information safe.)

How Do I Log in so I Can Post?

• www.singledivers.com
  • Forums
  • Take me to Surface Interval Forums
  • Log into the upper right corner AGAIN even if you were logged into the homepage

How Do I log in so I Can Book a Trip or buy Add- On's?

• www.singledivers.com
  • Log into the upper right corner AGAIN even if you were logged into the forums

How do I Book a Trip with SingleDivers.com? 

To book you trip please follow the following simple steps:

1. Register a FUN screen name

2. Log into the FORUMS and upgrade your membership to Premier or higher (you can also do when you are creating your screen name. If you use paypal you will be automatically upgraded by the system. If you use the SD payment portal it will take 24-48 hrs to verify your payment and manually upgrading you)

3. Once your membership is upgraded and your account is upgraded you can then log into the homepage as follows and book a trip.

• www.singledivers.com
  • login 
  • Trips
  • Choose the trip from the trip table and either click on the BOOK NOW link to book or DETAILS LINK to be taken to the forums for the trip information and to ask questions, see who is going etc.
  • Complete the trip booking process either by paying in full to qualify for our early booking discounts or by paying the deposit for the trip you are interested in.
  • Complete your online documents for your trip within 21 days to avoid a $75 late document fee OR within 3 days if signing up within 30 days of the trip's departure date.
  • You will be added to the TRIP PM (Private Message) within several days of signing up for a trip, which send courtesy emails to your inbox when an admin posts in it or you can check all messages sent 24/7 by logging into the forums and clicking on the message icon by your name.

HOW DO I GET REPLIES TO MY QUESTIONS?

We will answer your question in this topic quoting your question so you get a courtesy email indicating we have replied to your questions. 

We will update the TRIP FAQ located in the 2nd topic listing for this trip.

We will update the main trip topic #1 if applicable. 

HOW DO I GET HELP?

1. Ask trip related questions in this topic so we can reply back to you and everyone else reading this topic as soon as we can.

2. If you need help with using the forums please email admin@singledivers.com

3. If you need specific trip help please email trips@singledivers.com

3. If you need any other help please email info@singledivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Zinfandel

Zinfandel

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:81

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

How many people will be in the group?
  • dive_sail_etc likes this
:wavey:  :wow:  :fish2:  :fish2:

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:20 PM

Erica obviously that depends on how many sign up, bu the maximum number of diver spots currently allocated is 17. Non diver and snorkeler participation is typically less, although we are expecting Karen aka Ksue44 to book a snorkeling spot as soon as pricing is confirmed and inventory added for those spots. I would guess we might get 3 or 4 non divers / snorkelers to join the divers since as a landbased venue this year there will be opportunities for land based activities Kamala may blend into the mix.

ALSO Raja Ampat has proved to be very popular with the membership so there is a possibility The Wench :blond:  may have to negotiate even more Diver spots; time will tell... :diver:

• Zinfandel likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

Hi!  I am trying to understand this part of the trip description: Diving & Itinerary:

Our special "Discover Raja" itinerary will consist of 8 days of 1-3 tank dives starting on Sunday and ending on Thursday. 

Can you please clarify for me.  I can't seem to understand how Sun to Thurs can be 8 days.

Thanks so much

#5 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

Hi!  I am trying to understand this part of the trip description: Diving & Itinerary:

Our special "Discover Raja" itinerary will consist of 8 days of 1-3 tank dives starting on Sunday and ending on Thursday. 

Can you please clarify for me.  I can't seem to understand how Sun to Thurs can be 8 days.

Thanks so much

Hi Marcia,

Looks like that is a typo - it should be Sunday 4/19 through Sunday 4/26 so that would be 8 days.  I'll get that fixed.

Thanks!

Butch aka Cajun Diver

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

Erica obviously that depends on how many sign up, bu the maximum number of diver spots currently allocated is 17. Non diver and snorkeler participation is typically less, although we are expecting Karen aka Ksue44 to book a snorkeling spot as soon as pricing is confirmed and inventory added for those spots. I would guess we might get 3 or 4 non divers / snorkelers to join the divers since as a landbased venue this year there will be opportunities for land based activities Kamala may blend into the mix.

ALSO Raja Ampat has proved to be very popular with the membership so there is a possibility The Wench :blond:  may have to negotiate even more Diver spots; time will tell... :diver:

Brad is spot on! We currently have 20 spots of which 17 are divers and 3 are non divers and/or snorkelers. I may be able to get more spots but for now this is what I can get. The resort is small and our 20 people are part of a larger event.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

This from Marcia aka LovesToDive via email - great questions WITH Kamala's response!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 7/29/2019 10:44 AM, MARCIA wrote:
Hi Kamala,
I hope you are doing well. I am considering the land based trip to Raja Ampat.  I have a few questions:

Is the homestay required?
No its not required since you have a valid reason to not do the homestay you can simply stay in the hotel that evening.

When do you expect to have the non-diver price? My husband may be able to go but he would be a snorkeler.
I will have the non-diver pricing later today and hope to post it asap as several others are waiting for it.

If the SD trip ends on 4/28, what day would you expect I would actually be back in Boston?
Ending the 28th and flying the 28th puts you in Boston either the 28th or 29th. in fact I would safely say you'd be back the 29th and absolutely no later than the 30th and I really doubt it will take that long.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Hope I can make it on this trip, it sound phenomenal!
 Marcia

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#8 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

HI Kamala,

This is my first trip with singeldivers.com so I have a few questions:

All SingleDivers.com trips require:

• You complete the necessary documentation as referenced above for each trip you sign up to take with us. A $75 document fee will be applied if you fail to submit your online and uploaded documents withing 21 days of signing up for a trip or within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure.

I assume the itinerary from doesn't need to meet the 21 day requirement.  

Can I go in and modify previously submitted forms? For example, if I change my mind about trip insurance.

Add-ons:  Do I have to pay for additional dives 45 days or more before the trip date or can I decide day to day during the trip? If so, can I pay the resort with US$ cash?

Thanks,

Carolyn

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

HI Kamala,

This is my first trip with singeldivers.com so I have a few questions:

All SingleDivers.com trips require:

• You complete the necessary documentation as referenced above for each trip you sign up to take with us. A $75 document fee will be applied if you fail to submit your online and uploaded documents withing 21 days of signing up for a trip or within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure.

I assume the itinerary from doesn't need to meet the 21 day requirement.  

Can I go in and modify previously submitted forms? For example, if I change my mind about trip insurance.

Add-ons:  Do I have to pay for additional dives 45 days or more before the trip date or can I decide day to day during the trip? If so, can I pay the resort with US$ cash?

Thanks,

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! We are sooooooooooo glad you have found us via Erica aka Zinfindel and that you are joining us. Here are the answers to the questions you have asked:

1. You are correct...your flights do not count in the 21 day timeframe and if you add trip ins later such as right before the trip then you can add that info later. HOWEVER if you wait too long on the trip ins some companies will not allow it if its too long AFTER you have signed up for the trip. The idea being that something can happen at any time prior to the trip and then its too late to get it or if you get it too far after signing up and then you need it the carrier may not honor it. So check with your carrier so you can sign up timely.

NOTE: That dive insurance is required on this trip and ALL our trips. There is no pricetag on your health nor the peace of mind that approx $125 a year gives me and everyone on the trip if something happens to you or your husband.

2. Yes you and update, modify etc the forms after submitting them. They just don't allow you to upload them incompleted. That is why we broke them up into smaller forms.

3. The resort and your group leader needs to plan add on's as far out in advance as possible. To encourage you to plan in advance so you KNOW if say we make the minimums for another night dive they give you a discount on the price of add on's BEFORE THE TRIP. If you sign up at the resort there may not be spaces left for an add on and/or they will usually charge more for having to plan at the last minute. If they know we will be doing another night dive they can staff accordingly. If they only find out once we get there then they have to scamper to ensure proper staffing so will charge more money.  However all that aside...of course if there is space on a tour, night dive, etc then you can sign up at the resort as long as you are ok with the increased price, etc. Because we try to manage as many variables as possible BEFORE the trip you will pay me and I will pay the resort. This will allow you to pay me in USD whereas you'd have to pay the resort in IDR or local currency. ANOTHER REASON TO PLAN IN ADVANCE is we can avoid hefty exchange fees and swings in the exchange rates.

PRO TIP: As people sign up you will get a sense if "everyone" is doing extras or are they "waiting" to see what everyone else will do. If the former then we almost always get enough people to actually have the add-on run. If the latter then its a crap shoot and usually we don't get enough numbers. Divers it seems are either planners or spur of the moment divers. NOTE: If you pay for an optional boat night dive in advance and it does not get enough people singed up we will refund you money right on the trip. You can even apply the money to your tips if you like.

• Zinfandel and Pumpkin like this

formerly...

#10 Zinfandel

Zinfandel

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

I want to go on as many night dives as possible. I'll have to look at the list more carefully of whats included before asking for other add-ons. I also will submit a list of what gear I;ll use of resorts since they have it and its included, don't need to carry all my heavy stuff ;-)

:wavey:  :wow:  :fish2:  :fish2:

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:00 AM

I want to go on as many night dives as possible. I'll have to look at the list more carefully of whats included before asking for other add-ons. I also will submit a list of what gear I;ll use of resorts since they have it and its included, don't need to carry all my heavy stuff ;-)

As we get closer to the event we can work to MAXIMIZE night dives!!! There is no shore diving and we do need a min number of people to make a night dive run but we will start tightening this up closer to the event so people can plan appropriately and accordingly.

By the way..I love night dives too! So I'm sure there will be others too!

;

As for gear YES the resort offers great gear INCLUDED so you may consider not bringing some of your stuff.

PRO TIP:   If you wear booties and fins PLEASE bring them with you. The resort ONLY offers full foot fins and if you are not used to them you usually end up with blisters because even if they have a ton of gear...if EVERYONE Is using it them specific sizes may not be in stock if several people need the same size. If you are going to use the full foot fin...bring a lycra sock or even a regular soft soft to keep your foot from chafing.

PRO TIP #2:  As you sign up let us know if you are USING THE RENTAL GEAR...this will enable us to ensure they have EVERYTHING IN YOUR SIZE you need. Request what you want on the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FORM when you sign up and we will send it to the resort timely so they can be prepared for you!

formerly...

#12 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

I still do not see the snorkeling pricing or the cost of the add ons. Any idea when you will list them?

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

I still do not see the snorkeling pricing or the cost of the add ons. Any idea when you will list them?

I expected the REVISED snorkeling price by now as the first pass was too high. I've been dealing with a family death so have not been able to lock this down. I am working on the non diver price so will post that shortly assuming it has no issues. I'm VERY sorry for the delay! Kamala

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

UPDATE on Non Diver Pricing and Add-On's:

NON DIVER PRICE:

The non diver d/o price should be for the same pkg contents as the diver less the diving of course $2038CASH or $2100 credit. I expect this to be verified by Monday so we can set this pkg up for people to book.

ADD-ON's:

• Diving - Special Night Dive (incl. beach refreshment afterwards) (min 10 pax)      $75  CASH  $78 Credit
  • Diving - 2 Tank Dives (min 10 pax)   $150 CASH $155 Credit
  • Sunrise/Sunset Paddle Boarding Safari (min 10 pax)   $75  CASH  $78 Credit
  • Kayak Rental (not yet purchased, part of 2020 plan)      PRICE TBD
  • Local Tour - Birds of Paradise (min 5 pax, max 10 pax)      $75  CASH  $78 Credit
  • Local Tour - Blue River (min 5 pax, max 20 pax)           $43 CASH   $45 Credit
  • Local - Massage (available when min of 6 scheduled per day so will be scheduled in advance)     $40 CASH  $42 Credit
  • Local - Scooter Rental (150,000 IDR for 24 hours)  approx  $11.00 CASH  (limited numbers avail and varies per day so only avail to sign up AT THE RESORT)
  • Taxi short return trip to Waisai town (car can fit 5 pax)(+- 200,000 IDR)  $14.00 CASH (Number of taxi's varies per day so only avail to sign up AT THE RESORT)

formerly...

#15 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

How many hours are flights from the east coast to Bali and Sorong? I did a quick search and it looked like abut 43 hours. Is that right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users