• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 BONAIRE Aug 7-14, 2021: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2018-2022 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going??? Book Now

REMEMBER EACH TRAVELER MUST BE PREMIER MEMBER OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE THAT COVERS RELATED TRIP DATES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!

Dates:      August 7-14, 2021

HOW TO USE THIS TOPIC TO ASK QUESTIONS:

Hello and   :welcome: not only to our club but to the topic you can ask any questions you want about this trip. Please use this topic you are reading right now to ask your questions. You will need to be registered on the SingleDivers.com site and logged into our forums to be able to post. See below for links on how to do these things or email admin@singledivers.com for help.  We will answer your questions here AND update the main trip topic if necessary as well as keep the TRIP FAQ updated in the 2nd topic related to this trip.

TYPICAL QUESTIONS NEW MEMBERS ASK:

How is the trip information organized?

#1 Trip Topic =  Full trip details, pricing, discounts, accommodations, travel details, etc.  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#2 Trip Tooic =  Ongoing Trip FAQ and Answers to the questions from topic #3  (Locked. Only Admins can post to this)

#3 Trip Topic = Questions Topic... ask all your questions in this topic  (Open to anyone to post who is registered and logged in)

#4 Trip Topic = Who's Going, Who's doing what extras, Tours, Add On's etc. (Open to anyone who is GOING on the trip to post in if registered and logged in)

More detailed information is available in the thread title "How to Use this Forum to Manage Your Trip"

What are the "other" trip topics?

We will have other trip topics to help manage the pre-trip experience and ensure that you are as updated as possible. These include seeing who is celebrating a special event or ensuring you are getting the OFFICIAL TRIP PM.

How Do I Register on the SingleDivers.com site?

• www.singledivers.com
  • click on Forums or click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums under Forums
  • Click on REGISTER in the upper right corner
  • Choose a FUN SCREEN NAME ...email admin@singledivers.com if you need help. (Changing your screen name is very difficult to do after the fact so please take a few minutes to come up with a name you will like!)
  • Finish the registration process

NOTE: Only upgraded premium members can sign up for our trips. The premium membership enables you to receive private trip communications, see the profiles of who else is going, PM others on the trip (and other premium members on the site) as well as entitle you to numerous specials, discounts, perks and deals throughout the year.

How Do I Upgrade my Membership or Renew my Membership?

• www.singledivers.com
  • click on Forums or click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums under Forums
  • Login in the upper right (you know you are logged in when you see your screen name vs guest)
  • Click on the white links in the dark blue bar....the last one is MEMBERSHIP
  • Choose Premier (or higher) or if you are active duty military choose our Diver's In Uniform and we will work with you to validate your complementary membership. OTHERWISE... choose the payment option of either paypal or the SD payment portal
  • if you choose paypal your membership will be upgraded automatically and you can proceed immediately to book per the instructions below.
  • If you choose the SD payment portal please allow 2-3 days for your subscription to be cleared, validated and manually upgraded
  • Once your membership is upgraded you can book a trip with us.

Why do I have to log in more than once?

• You do NOT need to be logged in nor registered to read information on our site.
  • The site has two primary areas that require you to log into....the forums and the homepage which allows you to access the booking system/shopping cart.
  • No matter where you are you MUST LOG IN to either post or book.  To ensure your information is safe we REQUIRE YOU TO LOG IN EVERYTIME YOU LEAVE A SECURE AREA. This means if you leave the forums to book you need to log in again. If you leave the shopping cart to post in the forums you must log in again. 
  • YOU WILL ALWAYS USE THE SAME LOGIN INFO BUT YOU LOG INTO EACH DIFFERENT PART OF THE SITE DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. (This is a security measure to keep your information safe.)

How Do I Log in so I Can Post?

• www.singledivers.com
  • Forums
  • Take me to Surface Interval Forums
  • Log into the upper right corner AGAIN even if you were logged into the homepage

How Do I log in so I Can Book a Trip or buy Add- On's?

• www.singledivers.com
  • Log into the upper right corner AGAIN even if you were logged into the forums

How do I Book a Trip with SingleDivers.com? 

To book you trip please follow the following simple steps:

1. Register a FUN screen name

2. Log into the FORUMS and upgrade your membership to Premier or higher (you can also do when you are creating your screen name. If you use paypal you will be automatically upgraded by the system. If you use the SD payment portal it will take 24-48 hrs to verify your payment and manually upgrading you)

3. Once your membership is upgraded and your account is upgraded you can then log into the homepage as follows and book a trip.

• www.singledivers.com
  • login 
  • Trips
  • Choose the trip from the trip table and either click on the BOOK NOW link to book or DETAILS LINK to be taken to the forums for the trip information and to ask questions, see who is going etc.
  • Complete the trip booking process either by paying in full to qualify for our early booking discounts or by paying the deposit for the trip you are interested in.
  • Complete your online documents for your trip within 21 days to avoid a $75 late document fee OR within 3 days if signing up within 30 days of the trip's departure date.
  • You will be added to the TRIP PM (Private Message) within several days of signing up for a trip, which send courtesy emails to your inbox when an admin posts in it or you can check all messages sent 24/7 by logging into the forums and clicking on the message icon by your name.

HOW DO I GET REPLIES TO MY QUESTIONS?

We will answer your question in this topic quoting your question so you get a courtesy email indicating we have replied to your questions. 

We will update the TRIP FAQ located in the 2nd topic listing for this trip.

We will update the main trip topic #1 if applicable. 

HOW DO I GET HELP?

1. Ask trip related questions in this topic so we can reply back to you and everyone else reading this topic as soon as we can.

2. If you need help with using the forums please email admin@singledivers.com

3. If you need specific trip help please email trips@singledivers.com

3. If you need any other help please email info@singledivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 EagleRayLover

EagleRayLover

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:402

Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:29 AM

Anticipating world will be close to "normal" by August of next year. Want to book Bonaire 2021 trip. Dates on booking page and for booking discounts have not changed. Are any of the discounts available for booking before October 31, 2020? Thanks!!! 

Beth

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:59 AM

Anticipating world will be close to "normal" by August of next year. Want to book Bonaire 2021 trip. Dates on booking page and for booking discounts have not changed. Are any of the discounts available for booking before October 31, 2020? Thanks!!! 

AWESOME!!! Let me see what we can do. We are cleaning up these trips this week with some new found help we have desperately needed! :pray:

The prices due to increased expenses have gone up for Bonaire in 2021 I decided to absorb this increase for those who had of course already booked and for those who before the end of covid. We are in the process of updating all our trips affected by covid including pricing if that has to be updated.  So I have left the trip as is for anyone who chooses to sign up under the old pricing while we are figuring it all out.. I am not sure if we can do more but let me check. Thank you!

• EagleRayLover likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

Might as well ask now -

Now that anyone flying into the USA will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test before we can even depart Bonaire, what local steps are in place to ensure that there will be available COVID testing AND RESULTS before we need to depart? Is there also a plan in place in case someone tests positive, or if the results cannot be returned in a timely manner?

No doubt the hotel really wants us to be there and is counting on our dive dollars to help local business {AND I NEED TO DIVE}, so they should already be looking into providing this type of COVID testing service for all guests.

What do you bet that COVID testing will soon become one of the amenities for all major tourist destinations? Continental breakfast, hotel transportation, COVID testing, welcome drink,......etc....... Adding a COVID testing process to any tourist plan seems like a no-brainer.

Needless to say that it would be irresponsible to depart the USA without a solid plan already in place in Bonaire to guarantee that there will be COVID testing provided at the end of our dive week. No doubt that we will need to pay for this testing (cash or credit card?), so might as well also ask the cost.

Please be specific when you also ask the hotel and dive shop the type of procedures they have initiated to test/protect their valuable staff/employees. We want them to feel respected and comfortable having us there, just like we want to be comfortable being there.

Thanks!

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:44 PM

Well dang I answered this once and lost my work apparently. :(

Ok here goes again. I am in Roatan and EVERY country has had to quickly implement a plan to comply with the US requirement for Americans to test upon return to the US. I was initially worried as the travel industry had no advance warning when the CDC dropped the requirement Jan 12. However because Canada had instituted the same policy weeks ago...the markets catering to Canada namely Cozumel, Roatan, Bonaire etc were ALREADY SET UP when the US implemented the same policy.

HOW IT WORKS:

1. The resort sets up the testing for its guests.
  2. The testing is done within the timeframes necessary to get the tests back in time to fly.
  3. The testers either come to the hotel to test the guests or the guests go in batches to the local testing site.
  4. The cost is borne by the guest most of the time but several high end hotels have said they are including the testing in their guest's pkgs.
  5. The cost varies but is usually $50 - $125 for the test. The test can be either a PCR test or a rapid test
  6. If you test positive you will be given additional tests to see if you have have covid or just a false positive test.
  7. If you have covid you will quarantine in the country you visited for 2 weeks. All resorts have a special rate worked out in case you must stay and quarantine on the island.
  8. If you have diveassure.com insurance then they will cover the cost of the quarantining if you need to do so. Other policies *may* cover pandemnics but for sure DiveAssure.com does and DAN does not.
  9. Note that covid is evolving and so are the procedures to handle it. What is in place now may not be what is in place in August which is when this trip is. So all procedures are subject to change.

GENERAL COVID PROCEDURES:

1. All countries have mask mandates to lesser or greater extents. Bonaire is one of them. These ebb and flow based upon the resort and if the island is spiking and/or new rules are being implemented worldwise.
  2. Since the US just had a 35% drop in cases nearly overnight it is possible that we will not need to adhere to certain policies by August.
  3. The resort has cleaning protocols in place as does the dive shop.
  4. They limit the number of people inside small places as well as on the boats.
  5. The staff wear masks and guests are free to choose how 'masked up' they wish to be.
  6. Masks are rarely worn on the boats but if you wish you are welcome to wear on on the boat.

If you have specific questions I will supplement this reply. Thank you, Kamala

Might as well ask now -

Now that anyone flying into the USA will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test before we can even depart Bonaire, what local steps are in place to ensure that there will be available COVID testing AND RESULTS before we need to depart? Is there also a plan in place in case someone tests positive, or if the results cannot be returned in a timely manner?

No doubt the hotel really wants us to be there and is counting on our dive dollars to help local business {AND I NEED TO DIVE}, so they should already be looking into providing this type of COVID testing service for all guests.

What do you bet that COVID testing will soon become one of the amenities for all major tourist destinations? Continental breakfast, hotel transportation, COVID testing, welcome drink,......etc....... Adding a COVID testing process to any tourist plan seems like a no-brainer.

Needless to say that it would be irresponsible to depart the USA without a solid plan already in place in Bonaire to guarantee that there will be COVID testing provided at the end of our dive week. No doubt that we will need to pay for this testing (cash or credit card?), so might as well also ask the cost.

Please be specific when you also ask the hotel and dive shop the type of procedures they have initiated to test/protect their valuable staff/employees. We want them to feel respected and comfortable having us there, just like we want to be comfortable being there.

Thanks!

formerly...

#6 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:21 PM

Great information!

Thanks

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:35 PM

Great information!

Thanks

Thanks Susan...we are monitoring all the countries we are traveling too but especially the ones in the 1-3 month travel timeframe since the impact for these destinations is the greatest. Everything is changing so we are setting up a special topic for each trip to monitor covid for EVERY DESTINATION. Due to being in the 'thick of it' and one of the few groups LEADING TRAVEL we are busy getting on top of this for all our trips.

formerly...

#8 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:58 AM

I'm sure the Wench will want to confirm this herself ---

Bonaire no longer requires Covid test prior to arrival (eff. 24 June)

WOOHOO!!!

Here are the links:

https://www.bonairecrisis.com/en/qas/qas-travelers/#main

https://www.government.nl/topics/c/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/eu-list-of-safe-countries

Hope yall get there before the cruise ships!!!

My bad - checking up on testing requirements, TESTING  requirements for Bonaire have not changed (or due to Delta variant)

Please accept my sincere apologies

Edited by ScubaTex, 26 June 2021 - 04:52 PM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#9 Weesh

Weesh

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500?

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:12 PM

I missed where I could add Nitrox to this trip, how can I do that?

Thanks!

#10 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:21 AM

I missed where I could add Nitrox to this trip, how can I do that?

Thanks!

Hi Kenneth,

Log In the SingleDivers.com Home Page and click the Bonaire "Book Now" button to return to the Bonaire booking page. Then scroll down to find the Nitrox for the Week and other related Bonaire trip Add Ons, add that and any other Add On you might like to your Cart and then CHECK OUT button and follow the payment steps. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#11 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:CCR
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 06 July 2021 - 01:55 PM

Has anyone rented trucks from VOYAGER BONAIRE near the DIVI FLAMINGO RESORT? If so how was it good, bad or ugly?  I have always rented from AB. Some times I had to return a truck because it was too old and really beat up.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:47 AM

Has anyone rented trucks from VOYAGER BONAIRE near the DIVI FLAMINGO RESORT? If so how was it good, bad or ugly?  I have always rented from AB. Some times I had to return a truck because it was too old and really beat up.

Most of our people do NOT rent trucks because of the dive pkg we have set up with Divi...fall off the boat and fall into the shorediving!!!

I too have rented from AB and the rental place on property. Sadly I am not familiar with Voyager Bonaire. I can ask for you about rental operators via my contacts since we've been diving in Boniare every year for about 16 years now....

Oh and check your email...I have info for you on the rebreather support from Divi.

formerly...

#13 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:26 PM

Hope everyone had a nice trip to NC and got to see the little submarine and there were no blowouts. Sorry I missed the trip. It's been a while.

Anyway I hope this is the last question I ask for this trip. Do we need a PCR and contingent test........if i got the name of the second correct.........for BONAIRE?? Or just the PCR?  I'm confused.

Signed 

Geronimo

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 02:04 PM

Hope everyone had a nice trip to NC and got to see the little submarine and there were no blowouts. Sorry I missed the trip. It's been a while.

Anyway I hope this is the last question I ask for this trip. Do we need a PCR and contingent test........if i got the name of the second correct.........for BONAIRE?? Or just the PCR?  I'm confused.

Signed 

Geronimo

We had a great trip! Thank you!

Well the only thing constant is change. Here goes the newest requirements:

See post HERE for

CLARIFICATIONS:

• 5 day testing
  • What NAAT PCR test is
  • Includes graphics...disregard other update

REVISED BONAIRE TESTING REQUIREMENTS as of Jul 28, 2021:

Edited by WreckWench, 28 July 2021 - 03:13 PM.

formerly...

#15 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 03:04 PM

Since I did not get vaccinated and will get my PCR test within 72 hrs. I guess Thursday. Do I have to book a antigen test on line now for when I get to Bonaire in Bonaire at the airport or is it automatically done when I get there??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users