• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING: DARLING DOMINICA landbased May 30-Jun 6, 2020

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#16 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:CCR
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

I will try my best to make this trip as a OC diver. I am a little tired of some Caribean diving but have never been to DOMINICA. Looks like a fun trip. Please add me to your interested list.

Gerionimo

#17 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:13 AM

I will try my best to make this trip as a OC diver. I am a little tired of some Caribean diving but have never been to DOMINICA. Looks like a fun trip. Please add me to your interested list.

Gerionimo

Gary your name is on the Notify List! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#18 Lets.Go.Diving

Lets.Go.Diving

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500 - 1,000

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:10 PM

UPDATE:

We are doing a recon trip the end of this month to help set everything up for our MAGICAL RETURN IN JUN!!!  Stay tuned... I'm posting pics of the hotel now and soon diving shots and videos

Please add me to the notify list!

#19 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

Please add me to the notify list!

You are on the list! :diver:

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:13 AM

Gerionimo

Hey it will be great to meet you. The diving is still fab even after the hurricane. Its 80% of what it was...and it WAS SPECTACULAR!!!  Even OC will be great! We hope to open this up by Thanksgiving!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 500psi

500psi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Board Status:On
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver & Nitrox

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

Missed out last time due to the devastating hurricane.  Please put me on contact list, hope for better outcome.

Robert L.

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:04 PM

Missed out last time due to the devastating hurricane.  Please put me on contact list, hope for better outcome.

Bob your name is on the Notify List! :diver:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#23 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

Hi, Happy Thanks Giving. I read that you were going to Dominica to check it out. How are things there for the trip?

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Hi, Happy Thanks Giving. I read that you were going to Dominica to check it out. How are things there for the trip?

Myself and few club members are leaving Sat the 30th to get ready for our May 30-Jun 6, 2020 trip. We will have full details soon. We've been told by reliable sources that the island's airport was spared so that helps. A lot of topside bldgs were damaged but the hotel we are using for this trip was not damaged...or very little The diving is 80% of what it was and MAN WAS IT FAB!!!  The secret to diving in Dominica is that the BIGGEST PLANE THAT LANDS THERE IS ONLY 48 passengers. Some are only 38 passengers. In other words...the diving is pristine! We will keep you posted. Eveyrone going has been to Dominica before so will help give a balanced perspective of how the island is recovering. For me its a labor of love...the island has been friends and family to me. This is but one small way to help them out.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#25 tunne36

tunne36

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:padi open watter
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

Please put me down, Jerry aka tunne36, for the Dominica trip May 30-June 6th. You can also put me down for the 2nd potential trip, that actually works better for me.

Edited by Cajun Diver, 01 December 2019 - 05:45 PM.
Edited to Removed last name BH

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#26 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

Please put me down, Jerry Albright aka tunne36, for the Dominica trip May 30-June 6th. You can also put me down for the 2nd potential trip, that actually works better for me.

Jerry w4e will include all this under your entry in the notify list. :diver:

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

Hey gang... we are in San Juan PR on our way home from an eventful but poignant week of diving...seeing old friends and our Dominican Family! Its been a whirlwind so will need a little time to sort out the rest of the details for our upcoming RE-DISCOVER DOMINICA TRIP in  May and June.  The island is coming back quickly and many of our dive sites were totally untouched! Those that were hit are in transition and when seen thru the eyes of first timers...they love them all!  So still a thing of beauty...or home to amazing critters even if they did undergo an unnecessary "remodeling job" thanks to Hurricane Maria.

In the spirit of helping the island to recover faster we have created a fun way to 'share the love' and our contributions. We have created and will finalize a treasure map to Dominica's best kept secrets that you can not only discover for yourself but also help us add to the list. We will share all the details soon as we finalize the rest of the trip details now that we've done the recon and trial run for our upcoming epic adventures BACK TO DOMINICA

Oh and for those who thought the island did not offer luxury .... stay tuned for several luxurious options that will calm your inner soul and help you connect with a deeper peace and tranquility.

Oh yeah...and do some of the BEST DIVING IN THE CARIBBEAN!!   LOTS OF IT!!  

And yes one of our favorite resident denizens made an appearance... THE RED LIPPED BAT FISH and poster child for the 2020 trip.

gallery_2_356_102279.jpg

Attached Files

formerly...

#28 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:50 AM

Added Laurie aka Longvacation Lady from Dominica Pics & Vids...YOU GOTTA SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT!!! post to both weeks.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#29 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:31 AM

HI, Kamala will you post the booking soon for Dominica? 

#30 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

You can take me off this list because my job needs more advance notice than you seem to be able to give.Thank you anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users