• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Christie from Louisiana aka MusicalDiver

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MusicalDiver

MusicalDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:27

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Hello, Christie from cajun country here.... Ive recently signed up to join the Turks trip in January! I started diving in 2016. I recently went for my advanced open water certification, so Im definitely a newbie in comparison to many others in the forum, but hey we will have to start somewhere lol. My brother, niece and I were all certified together, however due to her still being in school they are very limited when they can go on trips. I want to be able to take trips even when they cant and figured joining a group would be a good start. I have visited this site for sometime looking at trip options (since I started diving actually) waiting to get some experience before dedicating an entire trip to diving. Now I am ready to go on my first Liveaboard! I am SUPER excited and I have a TON of questions of course 😃 I truly feel like a kid who just found out they were going to Disney World! January is so far away!
  • WreckWench, Cajun Diver and dive_sail_etc like this

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:46 AM

Hello, Christie from cajun country here.... Ive recently signed up to join the Turks trip in January! I started diving in 2016. I recently went for my advanced open water certification, so Im definitely a newbie in comparison to many others in the forum, but hey we will have to start somewhere lol. My brother, niece and I were all certified together, however due to her still being in school they are very limited when they can go on trips. I want to be able to take trips even when they cant and figured joining a group would be a good start. I have visited this site for sometime looking at trip options (since I started diving actually) waiting to get some experience before dedicating an entire trip to diving. Now I am ready to go on my first Liveaboard! I am SUPER excited and I have a TON of questions of course I truly feel like a kid who just found out they were going to Disney World! January is so far away!

Christie that's a great intro post! :cool1: Once again welcome :welcome: and feel free to post any questions you like, as we mentioned our club hosts a wide range of skills, experience and certifications and we enjoy offering advice and mentoring. We are jazzed to have you join us on such a Max Dive, Bucket List liveaboard trip! :diver:

• WreckWench likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:54 AM

Hi Christie and welcome!  This is a great place to find buddies and go diving.

The Turks and Caicos trip is a great liveaboard trip to go on so ask away on the questions.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#4 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

:hiya:  Christie and  :welcome: to the fabulous world of Singledvers.com.  Congrats on all of your new certifications!!  This is a great website for questions and finding new diver buddies.  the Turks and Caicos trip will be a great one, lots of fun people on that trip.   Kamala and crew put together the best trips.  :teeth:

#5 MusicalDiver

MusicalDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Logged Dives:27

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

The Turks and Caicos trip is a great liveaboard trip to go on so ask away on the questions.

I have two types of questions.  Some in regards to the trip which I will post in the trip forums.  Then questions about Liveaboards in general.  Where should I post the general questions ?

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

I have two types of questions.  Some in regards to the trip which I will post in the trip forums.  Then questions about Liveaboards in general.  Where should I post the general questions ?

Christi try this link to the Western Hemisphere general questions forum.

• MusicalDiver likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#7 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:21 AM

Hi Christie and Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!

This is a great spot to get diving when you need a buddy and want to do a trip.  Doing the Liveaboard is a great way to get some dives under your weight belt also.  Eat sleep and dive!!

Keith

aka MNJoe

• dive_sail_etc and MusicalDiver like this

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:16 AM

HELLO FROM ROATAN HONDURAS!!!

We are 2 hrs behind the East Coast so I have a few minutes before getting ready for the dive boat to reply to a few posts in the forums. I just replied along with another member to the question about the T&C trip you are on and let me say right off the bat...GREAT QUESTIONS!!!

We love that our new members have been lurking in the background getting the lay of the land so to speak by our posts and our content. I am so glad you called me in time to get signed up before I left for our Roatan Rodeo since its 3 weeks long!

Feel free to keep splashing around the forums and asking questions. You can revive old topics or start new ones if you can't find what you are looking for. We can move them to the proper forums if necessary. One of the strengths of forums was the ability to organize like a filing cabinet so we tried to minimize misfilings with our requests about where to post what where.

And the only reason we try to keep the questions in one topic is so that people don't have to read 2,4 or tons of topics to find answers to other members questions. We also try to keep the specific TRIP FAQ up to date so you only have to check it to see everything anyone else has asked. Its our new year's resolution to do better on keeping that one up to date. Brad is the best in the group but the rest of us need to be a bit more focused. So no worries...you aren't a rule breaker for posting something in one topic vs another!

Thanks again for finding us...taking the plunge to join us and now for introducing yourself and of course for asking such great questions!!!

We are truly glad you found us! Kamala

• MusicalDiver likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users