• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

RAJA LANDBASED April 18-28, 2020 - Air routings & local hotels in Bali or Jakarta

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

Its time to get our travel arrangements locked in.  The following flights are the BEST suggested flights from Bail or Jakarta to Sarong where we will then take a ferry to the resort in Wasai.

CHOICES:

You have 3 basic choices for arriving to Indonesia for this trip which I have itemized below. We have an air consolidator who can book the Bali or Jakarta flights to Sarong and back for you who can get you an additional luggage allowance and manage the typical changes, rescheduling, consolidation, etc that is common in this region. His team is solid and he is an ex-pat that is married to an Indonesian woman. He gets how North American's think, what we consider great service etc and he ensures he does it all. His fee is built into the fares below. If you wish to have him book your flights let me know and I'll have you send us your booking info. If you wish to book on your own please advise so we can note that next to your name.

Regardless of who books your ticket PLEASE allow us to set up the airport transfers. We have been flying to Raja now for several years and have built relationships with trusted and vetted drivers. So PLEASE let us book those for you.

Also we have rooms on hold for the group in several configurations in Bali and Jarkata. I will need to cancel the ones we don't need fairly soon so let us know how you want to travel to Raja and when. For safety we try to keep at least several members at the same hotel together to help one another.  Thank you!

FLYING FROM THE US TO INDONESIA:

1. You can get there via Bali

• safer but less direct to Sarong. Getting to Sarong requires redeye from Bali via Makassar and few hours sleep in airport hotel (or they now offer an airport lounge you can rest in as well)
  • allows sightseeing ops in the beautiful and cultural mecca of Bali
  • best for stays over 1 night
  • also allows a 'beach option' for those wanting to relax a few days prior to the Diving/main trip
  • suggest you spend 1-3 nites in Bali to rest, ensure bags arrive, sightsee.
  • (You can dive and we can set that up but suggest that with a 10 day trip in Raja to not try and dive in Bali unless staying at least 4 extra days)
  • If you stay 1-2 days in Bali we suggest staying near the airport and we have a 'host hotel' that is safe, fully vetted and very nice and close to things. This hotel is about 15-40 mins from the airport depending on traffic.
  • If you stay 3+ days you can consider being at a beach hotel but depending on the time of day they are 1.5-3 hrs from the airport hence why you need more time in Bali to justify the longer rides.

2. You can get there via Jakarta

• shorter but not as safe as there is still a lot of unrest in Jakarta towards North Americans and others
  • this routing is ONLY for those who are getting to Sarong in the most efficient way possible and do not wish to do any touring or sightseeing of Indonesia before the trip. DO NOT LEAVE THE AIRPORT AND DO NOT STAY IN ANY PROPERTY OTHER THAN A VETTED HOTEL WITH VETTED DRIVERS TO/FROM HOTEL.
  • this routing has the most direct flights

3. You can get there via Manado and/or possibly other routings

• we do not recommend these other options as they are either longer or unfamiliar to us

FLIGHTS FROM BALI OR JAKARTA to SARONG

After you rest a day or so you'll then need to head to Sarong. After arriving in Sarong we will all take the ferry from Sarong to Wasai to the hotel. The ferry fee and VIP servive has been built into the pkg. You need to be in Sarong the 18th and leave the 28th. Currently all flights from either Bali or Jakarta involve a red eye or overnight. JAKARTA is the direct redeye overnight and BALI is redeye that has a stop via another city where you can get an airport hotel or stay in an airport lounge.

There are cheaper carriers but several have now gone out of business or consolidated or only run part time. Its too hard to keep up with all the changes so the best is Garuda and its the most reliable one and the one least likely to have a lot of changes and gives us the highest baggage allowance.

Inbound Flights:

April 17 2020: Denpasar-Makassar with Garuda GA620 |17:20-18:55|..connecting with..| Makassar-Sorong with Garuda GA698 |03:30-06:45|
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 305/ person
Price for business (J) class: USD 975/ person

THOSE TAKING THIS FLIGHT:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench (date 4-17-20)

2. Karen aka ksue44 (date 4-17-20)

3. Lori aka

4. Curt

5. Carolyn

6. Gayle

7. Jeff W.

April 17 2020: Denpasar-Jakarta with Garuda GA425 |21:20-22:15|..connecting to..| Jakarta-Sorong with Garuda GA682 |00:30-06:35|
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 484/ person
Price for business (D) class: USD 1,220/ person

1. Gayle

2. Marcia

April 17 2020: Denpasar-Jakarta with Batik Air ID6060 |16:30-17:10|..connecting to..| Jakarta-Sorong with Batik Air ID7797 |00:30-06:30|
Price for economy class: USD 431/ person
Price for business class: USD 730/person

1.   NO ONE

Outbound Flights:
April 28 2020: Sorong-Makassar with Garuda GA699 |14:55-16:10|..connecting to..| Makassar-Denpasar with Garuda GA621 |19:40-21:10|
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 299/ person
Price for business (D+J) class: USD 793/ person

1. Kamala aka WreckWench (date 4-17-20)

2. Karen aka ksue44 (date 4-17-20)

3. Lori aka

4. Curt

5. Carolyn

6. Gayle

7. Jeff W.

8. Gayle

9. Marcia

April 28 2020: Sorong-Jakarta with Garuda GA683 |08:25-10:10|..connecting to..| Jakarta-Denpasar with Garuda GA408 |11:30-14:35|  NOTE THIS FLIGHTS MEANS YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE DAY BEFORE ON THE 2PM FERRY AND OVERNIGHT IN SARONG TO MAKE THIS FLIGHT.
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 478/ person
Price for business (J) class: USD 1,345/ person

1. Jon  (date April 27)

2. Sue (date April 27)

April 28 2020: Sorong-Jakarta with Batik Air ID7780 |07:50-10:00|..connecting to..| Jakarta-Denpasar with Batik Air ID6504 |12:30-15:20|
Price for economy class: USD 443/ person
Price for business class: USD 725/person

1.  NO ONE

Baggage allowance:

Free 20kg for economy class and 30kg for business class for Batik and Garuda. Additional 15-23kg for sports equipment - GARUDA only
SCHEDULE AND RATE IS PER TODAY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!

GETTING FROM SARONG TO THE RESORT IN WASAI:

Once we get to Sarong we will need to take a ferry from Sarong to Wasai where the resort is. Once we land in Sarong we will get our bags and make our way to the Ferry Station for the 9am ferry to the hotel.

TRANSIT HOTEL OPTIONS:

BALI: We have a group hotel near the airport and we can stay in a micro hotel at the airport if routing via Makassar or looking at the airport lounge option. For those wishing a beach hotel we have one as well. I'll have the hotel info posted tomorrow in full.

Hotel:
A chic and cozy boutique style hotel centrally located at South Kuta Beach area within walking distant to Waterbom Park, shopping, dining, nightlife and Kuta Beach. The contemporary minimalist design of the four-story boutique hotel is enhanced by warm Balinese hospitality and the facilities and services of a well-appointed property.
Price: Superior Room USD 105/room/night
Includes: Breakfast, tax and service and SAFE VETTED roundtrip airport transfers.

THOSE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL & # OF NIGHTS:

1. Kamala 2-3 nites (still need to book my flights)

2. Karen 2-3 nites (working on routing)

3. Gayle  3-4 nites (working on routing)

1. For transit hotel in Makassar airport >> ibis budget Makassar Airport Hotel
No transfer needed for Ibis Budget Hotel Makassar Airport as the hotel located in same building with airport. After taking the baggage, from the arrival gate turn right through A&W Restaurant, follow the path, to be more precise the hotel is next to KFC.
Price: USD 50/room/night
Includes: tax and service

2. We can also stay in the airport and use the 'lounge to relax' for no additional charge

THOSE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL & # OF NIGHTS:

THOSE STAYING IN THE AIRPORT FOR NO ADD"L CHARGE:

THE "ERICA" OPTION" HOTEL & # OF NIGHTS (NOTE!! THIS IS A MEMBER PROPOSAL, NOT A CLUB INITIATIVE):

Posted 14 January, 06:35pm EST

For people wanting 3-4 days in Bali before the trip I can set up very authentic stay and airport pick up for $100 a day or less... Erica aka Zinfandel

1. Erica aka Zinfandel

2. Carolyn aka Pumpkin

3. Curt aka Yurtle

Edited by WreckWench, 16 February 2020 - 09:49 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

Hi Kamala,
Ill be flying from DFW to Bali. I would like to stay in Bali 2-3 nights. The hotel closest to the airport is fine with me.

Inbound Flights:

April 17 2020: Denpasar-Makassar with Garuda GA620 |17:20-18:55|..connecting with..| Makassar-Sorong with Garuda GA698 |03:30-06:45|
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 305/ person
Price for business (J) class: USD 975/ person

Is this the flight Id want to take from Bali?

Outbound Flights:

April 28 2020: Sorong-Makassar with Garuda GA699 |14:55-16:10|..connecting to..| Makassar-Denpasar with Garuda GA621 |19:40-21:10|
Price for economy (Y) class: USD 299/ person
Price for business (D+J) class: USD 793/ person

Is this the outbound flight back to Bali that Id want to take?

When do we need to pay for these?

Also, I know you are looking into the airline info (Roundtrip) DFW to Bali.

I am super excited 👍👍🥂🥂

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:26 PM

Thanks Karen. We can start booking these flights as soon as people are ready to commit. I am getting the info needed to book the tickets from the consolidator and should have by tomorrow.

I will work more on your int'l tickets with ideas for routings  for you as well. There is one we spoke about that has a very short layover in Doha so I have to see if its a legal connection or not. Otherwise the rest are all long layovers in Doha. So have to check a few more things for you first.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 WindyMike

WindyMike

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

Hi Kamala,

I would like to stay 3 or 4 nights in Bali, it would be nice to have about 3 days for exploring so it might depend on what time the flight arrives.  Would prefer to stay in a hotel with "authenticity" as opposed to an American "label", but I trust your judgement.  Also, am interested in doing some (or most) of the visit as part of a group, if others are interested.

Looking to fly from Philadelphia or Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or other nearby airport).  I selected the "travel assist" option, so your help in planning the best options would be appreciated.

Soooo excited!!  Bucket list dive trip for me.

Thanks,

Gayle

#5 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:09 PM

Hello Gayle and Karen,

My sister and I spent several days in Bali prior to a Komodo trip a few years back.  The below link is to the company that we used for daily transfers for our Bali activities.  The driver was friendly, and always prompt.  If I am lucky enough to get back there, I would use the company again.  Have a wonderful trip.  It is an amazing destination.

Ed

https://adimelali-ba...medium=referral

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

Hello Gayle and Karen,

My sister and I spent several days in Bali prior to a Komodo trip a few years back.  The below link is to the company that we used for daily transfers for our Bali activities.  The driver was friendly, and always prompt.  If I am lucky enough to get back there, I would use the company again.  Have a wonderful trip.  It is an amazing destination.

Ed

https://adimelali-ba...medium=referral

Thanks Ed!  Our members rock!!!

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hi Kamala,

I would like to stay 3 or 4 nights in Bali, it would be nice to have about 3 days for exploring so it might depend on what time the flight arrives.  Would prefer to stay in a hotel with "authenticity" as opposed to an American "label", but I trust your judgement.  Also, am interested in doing some (or most) of the visit as part of a group, if others are interested.

Looking to fly from Philadelphia or Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or other nearby airport).  I selected the "travel assist" option, so your help in planning the best options would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gayle

We have a great group hotel picked put that has amenities but LOCAL FLAIR and culture! Its also accessible to many things including a beach but its not on it. Its also close to the airport so transfer are much shorter !

I'll help  you with flights by tomorrow. I'm in airports for most of today.  Thank you! 

formerly...

#8 Zinfandel

Zinfandel

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:81

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hi Kamala,

Thanks,

Gayle

:wavey:  :wow:  :fish2:  :fish2:

#9 Zinfandel

Zinfandel

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

For people wanting 3-4 days in Bali before the trip I can set up very authentic stay and airport pick up for $100 a day or less for lodging, meals, transport etc
  • dive_sail_etc likes this
:wavey:  :wow:  :fish2:  :fish2:

#10 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:45 PM

HI Kamala

Curt (Yurtle) and I would like to spend 3 nights in Bali with our friend Erica (aka Zindandel). We are also signed up for your flight consolidator. How do we contact the consolidator? I'm leaving for the Caymans in a week and would like to take care of the Raja tickets before I leave.

Thanks for your help,

Carolyn

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

HI Kamala

Curt (Yurtle) and I would like to spend 3 nights in Bali with our friend Erica (aka Zindandel). We are also signed up for your flight consolidator. How do we contact the consolidator? I'm leaving for the Caymans in a week and would like to take care of the Raja tickets before I leave.

Thanks for your help,

Carolyn

Hello Carolyn,

Please know Kamala is literally off the grid while leading the club's Turks and Caicos Liveaboard Trip this week, she returns late 18 January and of course will be digging out a bit.

Also and unfortunately, due to past experience with cross talk and confusion the contracted flight consolidator long ago stipulated all communications must be via Kamala only. We apologize for the inconvenience, and want to assure you that coordinating the arrivals and departures for the Raja Ampat trip is her top priority as soon as she returns home.

We appreciate your patience and encourage you to be involved just as you have done here to ensure you get what you want out of the trip. I will add your preferences to the top post of this topic so it is not overlooked. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#12 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:38 PM

HI Brad and Kamala

I've done a little more looking. I also need help with booking flights from PDX or EUG. It looks like Delta is the best choice, with the connection in ICN to DPS with Garuda. I would like Delta Comfort+. 

We would like to arrive in DPS on April 14. We prefer the DPS to Sorong flight with the group on April 17. Return to DPS with the group on April 28 at 21:10. There is a connection with Delta (Garuda) that leaves for ICN at about 1AM on April 29.  

I think I can wait 4 days for Kamala to return. I'm looking forward to here from her shortly after her return.

Carolyn

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:13 AM

HI Brad and Kamala

I've done a little more looking. I also need help with booking flights from PDX or EUG. It looks like Delta is the best choice, with the connection in ICN to DPS with Garuda. I would like Delta Comfort+. 

We would like to arrive in DPS on April 14. We prefer the DPS to Sorong flight with the group on April 17. Return to DPS with the group on April 28 at 21:10. There is a connection with Delta (Garuda) that leaves for ICN at about 1AM on April 29.  

I think I can wait 4 days for Kamala to return. I'm looking forward to here from her shortly after her return.

Carolyn

Carolyn we appreciate getting out in front of the challenging flight and hotel arrangements Raja typically entails while there is plenty of time. Also thanks for your thoroughness in researching your preferences, it will save the consolidator a lot of time.

Whether or not a member has completed the Travel Information Form under MY TRIPS, it would help immensely if details such as this are included in the Remarks, a free from text window where you can type or copy and paste the details. Even if a member has already completed the Travel Information Form with their Passport, airline miles program information etc. when the form (all fillable forms in fact) is opened the information from the last session populates the fields automatically, so there is no need to re type everything, just go straight to the Remarks window and type or paste personal preferences and special requests like the one presented here then click SUBMIT again to update the Form.

Finally we would like to that you Carolyn for giving us a chance to remind other members of this feature - our volunteers are shifting into high gear as the window for flight and hotel booking begins to peak. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#14 diver diva

diver diva

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:26 PM

Hello group

I am Lori aka diver diva.  I like your idea of arriving 3-4 days early to see Bali and I would like to be part of the plan.  I have never dove outside of the Carribean and I am excited to join you.

Kamala I hope you had a great trip and I am looking forward to the consolidator getting my flights and plans for the sight seeing in Bali.

#15 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

Brad,

I did as suggested in the Travel Information Form. My remarks include my flight choices. I should be reachable over the next 3 weeks via my email address.

Thanks,  Carolyn aka Pumpkin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users