• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#4 SOCORRO: Who's Going, Who's Doing What, Extras, Add Ons, & Tours

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Crabby lady

Crabby lady

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA
  • Logged Dives:75

Posted 02 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

Coming in May 25, so I will need 2 extra nights

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:53 AM

Coming in May 25, so I will need 2 extra nights

Great! Thanks Peggy. Any preference on ocean or non ocean? Or just what works best for overall rooming?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 02 April 2021 - 03:12 PM

I got the United shuffle too. Just as fyi, now arriving a day earlier on Tue, May 25th UA 1438 at 5:03pm 

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 03:23 PM

I got the United shuffle too. Just as fyi, now arriving a day earlier on Tue, May 25th UA 1438 at 5:03pm 

YEP... got it. thanks! Let us know if you want to do some extra diving beyond the check out dive? I'll have the details published soon so we can get it set up.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:41 PM

YEP... got it. thanks! Let us know if you want to do some extra diving beyond the check out dive? I'll have the details published soon so we can get it set up.

Yes Please! Extra local/seal dives for Jenny and myself. We'll both also take those steel 100's if they are available. Oh and btw, the 28th is Jenny's birthday! So two birthdays again with the Wench!!

Edited by jesterdiver, 02 April 2021 - 06:59 PM.

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 10:03 PM

Yes Please! Extra local/seal dives for Jenny and myself. We'll both also take those steel 100's if they are available. Oh and btw, the 28th is Jenny's birthday! So two birthdays again with the Wench!!

AWESOME!!! We BOTH celebrate life on this trip! TOO COOL!!! :wakawaka:

Yes they should have the steel 100's availl but I need to see if they are HP or LP. If HP she should be able to carry them but if LP they will be too heavy for her.

Gotcha on the extra dives.

formerly...

#22 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:40 AM

AWESOME!!! We BOTH celebrate life on this trip! TOO COOL!!! :wakawaka:

Yes they should have the steel 100's availl but I need to see if they are HP or LP. If HP she should be able to carry them but if LP they will be too heavy for her.

Gotcha on the extra dives.

Hey Kamala, thank you, great thinking! If you can get us the details on the actual tanks that would be great. Main reasons I want them is for the buoyancy characteristics as much as the additional volume. Would love to check out the tank specs so I can figure out if it's worth the additional size/weight.

Look forward to the info and the double birthday celebration.

thanks again!

#23 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:03 AM

Updating Extra Nights based on following email exchanges:
==================================================================

On 2021-04-18 18:30, Cecile aka Zil wrote:

Yes I do.. one of my items on my checklist.
On Apr 18, 2021, at 5:27 PM, trips@singledivers.com wrote:

... we see you departing Los Cabos (SJD) 05 June. In addition to the Extra Nights we are arranging for your arrival 23 May, do you need an Extra Night 04 June as well? Just reply here with your answer and if yes I will update your Extra Nights entry in the Socorros 2021 trip Add Ons.

On 2021-04-19 08:26, Butch aka Cajun Diver wrote:
Hi Brad,

Yes I will need a night at the end too.
Thanks,
Butch
On 4/18/2021 5:14 PM, trips@singledivers.com wrote:

Hi Butch,
I see you are departing 05 June so in addition to the four nights at the beginning of this trip do you also need one night for 04 June?

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#24 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:31 AM

I am not seeing the add ons in the payment screen, for the marine fee, nitrox or extra night.  Is it me, or have they not been added yet?

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

I am not seeing the add ons in the payment screen, for the marine fee, nitrox or extra night.  Is it me, or have they not been added yet?

Sandy the hotel reservations have been updating due to flight changes right up until Kamala left for the Bahamas liveaboard trip. Also as I understand things, she is negotiating with the boat on a way to discount or possibly fully cover those wanting Nitrox so the price remains TBD. The Nitrox discount negotiations involve the operator graciously offering this due to an unexpected increase in the marine park fee, which at this point is also TBD due to all the negotiating.

Yeah, I'm dizzy too :blink: ;)  but trying ot keep up. Pam, Butch and Kamala all return Saturday 01 May and hope to have this sorted out a day or two later. Hope this helps! :diver:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#26 Bluetang

Bluetang

On a roll now.....

• Forums Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:25 PM

I am booking my flights today I will be arriving on the 25th and will need a hotel for two nightsI I’m also interested in doing nitro.  Hopefully they can do it in 100cf tanks.  I would really want to dive 100s. 

#27 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:13 AM

I am booking my flights today I will be arriving on the 25th and will need a hotel for two nightsI I’m also interested in doing nitro.  Hopefully they can do it in 100cf tanks.  I would really want to dive 100s. 

Pat we will add your name to the list of those needing Extra Nights.

Also we already had you on to the list of Special Requests for 100cf tanks, on the Trip Coordinator Spreadsheet. You are the only member requesting and in any case are at the top of the 100cf tank request list.

Here is what Kamala included in the top post of this topic regarding 100cf tanks for Rental Gear on the Socorro trip:

100 Cubic ft/15L Tank Rentals: The Aggressor will make every effort to have a 100 cu.ft. tank available when   requested but cannot guarantee availability.  If the request is met, it will be on a first come first serve basis and there may be a charge for it.

I will add your name to the top post requesting 100cf tanks so it is publicly viewable. :diver:

• Bluetang likes this

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:22 AM

Sorry Pat I overlooked a couple of details:

- For you May 25 arrival the 2 extra nites, let us know if you prefer d/o or s/o and Oceanview or NonOcean

- Of course we will add your name to the Nitrox list - I meant to include that with the 100cf tank request answer. :diver:

#29 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:40 AM

Hey Brad, Hope all is well. Just a heads up, Jenny and I requested the steel 100's also. Just waiting to here back from Kamala on the specs of the tanks, but definitely are interested in getting them.

thanks

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#30 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:33 PM

Hey Brad, Hope all is well. Just a heads up, Jenny and I requested the steel 100's also. Just waiting to here back from Kamala on the specs of the tanks, but definitely are interested in getting them.

thanks

Hi Jose!

I just double checked the Socorro trip folder in the Trips Inbox as well as the Dive Survey, Rooming Survey, and Special Accommodations Forms for you and Jenny looking for a mention of the 100's with no luck; however Kamala occasionally replies directly with members without remembering to include a CC to Trips, so the Trip Coordinators are in the loop. I am adding you and Jenny to the Steel 100's request list right now, for a total of three with Pat. This far ahead (The Wench is supposed to work on Socorro Add Ons like Nitrox, hotel res for Extra Nights, etc. immediately upon returning from Bahamas) should be plenty of lead time for the boat to gather three tanks during a dockside replenishment. :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users