• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2022 or 2023...YOU HELP DECIDE... THE MALDIVES!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:15 PM

SEEING IS BELIEVING...CLICK HERE

Time for the MALDIVES AGAIN... 10 DAYS aboard the NEW EMPEROR EXPLORER!!!

We are WAY overdue for DIVING THE MALDIVES AGAIN!  Time for you to help us decide if we are diving in the 2021 or 2022.    Since 2021 is now loaded up with rescheduled trips from 2020... we will now look at doing this trip in 2022 or 2023.  We have a rare 10 day charter which is hard to get but so great because its so far to go but I gotta lock the dates in ASAP so let us know when YOU prefer we go!!!

PRICING for 10 day Charter before early booking specials etc:

Feb-Mar 2021 $3895 lower level to $4295 Suite Upper Level per person d/o

Jan, Apr, Oct, Nov 2021 $3595 lower level to $3995 Suite Upper Level per person d/o

May - Sept 2021 $3295 lower level to $3695 Suite Upper Level per person d/o

Dec 2021 $3295 lower level to $3695 Suite Upper Level per person d/o

2022 Pricing will be approx $200-300 more per price point

2023 Pricing will be approx $400-$600 more than 2021 pricing

Diving in the Maldives

Scuba diving in the Maldives is among the world’s best – hard and soft corals, swim-throughs, and myriad  pelagics. Particularly, the Maldives’ waters support the world’s largest known population of reef manta rays, and whale sharks are also seen year-round. Making it a dream destination for divers from all over the world.

The Maldives is also known for unique underwater topography encompassing outer and inner reefs, small coral pinnacles known as thilas, caverns and walls. Divers will experience many awe-inspiring moments with life underwater ranging from the largest living fish species, the whale shark, to beautifully colored flatworms, anemones, turtles and copious amounts of reef fish.

With hundreds of dive sites spread over numerous atolls, liveaboard diving in the Maldives has something to please even the most discerning and well-traveled divers. Abundant, vibrant, and prolific sites make for stunning photographs and videographers. In addition to the bucket-list central atoll itineraries, this large, comfortable vessel offers specialty itineraries that feature remote atolls, exhilarating channel diving and the chance to see elusive thresher sharks!

Scuba diving in the Maldives is outstanding year-round, and temperatures vary only slightly. Being located on the the equatorial belt, severe storms are rare, however, there are two distinct monsoon seasons. Our specially designed central atoll itineraries cruise between the East and West sides of the islands during the Southwest monsoon season (May-October), and the Northeast monsoon season (November-April). Both timeframes possess uniquely different characteristics that can greatly influence what you see, and how you dive. Regardless of which itinerary you choose, both, and the four daily dives, will convince you that the Maldives’ reputation as a premier diving destination is well merited. It is little wonder why divers return home basking in amazement from the beauty in the Maldives.

CHOOSE AN ITINERARY:

Best of the Maldives Itinerary

Where: Rasdhoo, North & South Ari, Vaavu and North & South Male Atolls 
When: All year
Trip Length: 10 and 7 nights
Airport code: Male (MLE)

There’s a reason this is the most often requested and often run Maldivian liveaboard itinerary! Fish life galore (over 1000 species are Male-78-300x201.jpgfound in the Maldives), nudibranchs, sea turtles, whale sharks, and more mean something for everyone’s wish list. Photographers will be hard pressed to decide between macro and wide-angle lenses! On this popular itinerary, divers experience a sampling of the many extraordinary types of sites including lush thilas (reef mounts), manta cleaning stations, deep channel dives. It’s easy to see why many guests choose this for their first Maldivian adventure, and then return!

You don't need a minimum number of dives for this itinerary but you should be Male-49-300x201.jpgcomfortable with drift diving, as currents can be unpredictable and strong. If you are an Open Water Diver, some dives are below 18m therefore we recommend having advanced experience or taking your PADI Advanced Open Water course on board to maximize your enjoyment. Inexperienced and beginner divers may find some dives challenging and may be asked by the Cruise Director to skip dives that are not suitable for their diving experience. All diving is made from dhonis to give precise entry and exit points.

Northern Hi-Lights Itinerary

Where: North Male, Lhaviyani, Baa, Rasdhoo and North Ari Atolls
When: July – October
Trip length: 10 nights
Airport code: Male (MLE)

The Northern Hi-Lights itinerary is a must-do! It combines the most popular sites from ‘The Best of the Maldives’ itineraries withMale-63-300x201.jpg northern atolls Lhaviyani and Baa where you may have the chance to discover beautiful pinnacles, mysterious caves, vibrant reefs, abundant macro life, and famous manta cleaning stations. Some of the best channel dives in the Maldives are in the Northern atolls where there is a much higher chance of seeing reef sharks, whale sharks and manta rays. Bonus itinerary highlights include a stop in Rasdhoo Atoll, aka hammerhead central, and Hanifaru Bay for close up manta encounters at cleaning stations. Although sightings aren’t guaranteed, the Northern Hi-Lights itinerary is a diver’s best chance at being face-to-face with these famed giants (all week long!).

Male-04-300x200.jpgOn this Maldives itinerary, you don't need a minimum number of dives but you should be comfortable with drift diving. Currents can be strong. All your diving is made from dhonis to give precise entry and exit points. Experienced divers can dive in a buddy pair unguided.

WHO'S INTERESTED AND WHEN:  (tell us time of year or even the month and which year...21 or 22 AND tell us the itinerary you prefer)

1. Kamala aka WreckWench anytime as long as it does not conflict with the TRIPS ALREADY booked HERE.
  2.  Karen (snorkel pkg option if available) 2022
  3. Tomi aka Tickledone 2022 (no thanksgiving)  or 2023 (no Christmas)
  4.  Ed: I am fine late Oct into early Feb, minus Christmas.  I should probably avoid Jan 23, as birthdays are important to my other half.  If Diane joins me, Nov 30 is out for her, as her other half would not be happy with her spending her birthday with me instead of him.  Ed

Edited by WreckWench, 29 June 2020 - 11:43 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

Maldives is on my Bucket List! A snorkel package?😉

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:50 PM

Maldives is on my Bucket List! A snorkel package?

Roger that. I think we can make that happen ALTHOUGH there is not much price break on a liveaboard and that is what this is.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

Probably 2022 would be best for me! Just bought a 2019 vehicle. Raja Ampat is 2021.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

Probably 2022 would be best for me! Just bought a 2019 vehicle. Raja Ampat is 2021.

With everything happening THIS year it looks like 22 is the best option for sure..if not 23.

Certainly many aspects especially the whalesharks can be a snorkel op.

formerly...

#6 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

Please put me in for 2022👍

#7 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

I would consider it in 2022 or 2023. 

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:07 AM

Thank you. I will NOW be pushing to 22 or 23.

Does anyone have a preference on the itinerary?

formerly...

#9 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Cert Level:Experienced diver, but never went for AOW
  • Logged Dives:logged, 200 plus. 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

I have tried to get to the Maldives twice, and failed both times.  Maybe the third time will be the charm.  Nov through Jan work best for me, excluding Christmas.  Feb can work.  I may be able to talk my sister into the trip as well.  She would have the added restriction on Nov 30 not working.  

Ed

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#10 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

My drift diving experiences have been not been in particularly strong currents, but I think I'd be fine with either itinerary. And, I can work on drift diving between now and 2022/2023.  ;)

Also, no big preference on time of year other than not March (spring break, requires 2 of us to stay, and there are only 2 of us in the group without children). I suppose I should go figure out which holidays I am scheduled to work (I think Labor Day in 2022 and Thanksgiving in 2023, but I need to go find that email). 

Edited by tickledone, 06 June 2020 - 11:05 AM.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

My drift diving experiences have been not been in particularly strong currents, but I think I'd be fine with either itinerary. And, I can work on drift diving between now and 2022/2023.  ;)

Also, no big preference on time of year other than not March (spring break, requires 2 of us to stay, and there are only 2 of us in the group without children). I suppose I should go figure out which holidays I am scheduled to work (I think Labor Day in 2022 and Thanksgiving in 2023, but I need to go find that email). 

DO find out what holidays you are required to work as I need to lock this in SOONER VS LATER. I've paid the deposit so need to set up the dates!

I have tried to get to the Maldives twice, and failed both times.  Maybe the third time will be the charm.  Nov through Jan work best for me, excluding Christmas.  Feb can work.  I may be able to talk my sister into the trip as well.  She would have the added restriction on Nov 30 not working.  

Ed

Ed that would be fab. Of course anything can happen between now and then but the best times for you are Nov to Jan/Feb but no Xmas or Nov 30th (is it only Nov 30th or extra days around that date?)

formerly...

#12 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Cert Level:Experienced diver, but never went for AOW
  • Logged Dives:logged, 200 plus. 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

DO find out what holidays you are required to work as I need to lock this in SOONER VS LATER. I've paid the deposit so need to set up the dates!

Ed

Ed that would be fab. Of course anything can happen between now and then but the best times for you are Nov to Jan/Feb but no Xmas or Nov 30th (is it only Nov 30th or extra days around that date?)

I am fine late Oct into early Feb, minus Christmas.  I should probably avoid Jan 23, as birthdays are important to my other half.  If Diane joins me, Nov 30 is out for her, as her other half would not be happy with her spending her birthday with me instead of him.  Ed

#13 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:30 PM

Took me a bit - but I found it. Holidays I have to work: 2022 - Thanksgiving, 2023 - Christmas. 

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,802 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for updates...I've added them to the list!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users