• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 RAJA AMPAT RESCHEDULED April 16-26, 2023 Meridian Adventures: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:CCR
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 05 October 2021 - 06:38 AM

Never mind  :lol:

#17 aquapacific

aquapacific

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv'd Open Water & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:at least 300 (Don't really keep track)

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:59 PM

Hi  Kamala!

I wd love to pay for this trip  rt  now  :wavey: &   join you all   but  I  just checked:  

the  Gov't  won't even let us in w/out being a  "resident"  and there's  a   5 Day forced  Quarantine?

What wd yr  policy be if  we can't get in next  Yr ?

#18 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:23 AM

I know it's early to ask this but will we need plug adapters to charge lights n cameras? If so which works there?

#19 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:11 PM

Watched some amazing dive videos by divers at Raja Ampat. The life n color is incredible there. Hope the world is in one piece next year so we all can experience it!!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:26 PM

Hi  Kamala!

I wd love to pay for this trip  rt  now  :wavey: &   join you all   but  I  just checked:  

the  Gov't  won't even let us in w/out being a  "resident"  and there's  a   5 Day forced  Quarantine?

What wd yr  policy be if  we can't get in next  Yr ?

Visitors can NOW visit Bali and the restrictions are loosening more as we speak. I have no doubt that everything will iron our as the pandemic enters the 'endemic' phase. I've waited to be able to reply that OFFICIALLY THE QUARANTINE IS OVER and the country is open for any traveler vaccinated.  Once the country starts to return more to normal more restrictions will be eased.

Think how quickly we have been moving towards relaxing requirements in the US ...the world is following and some are even ahead of us. So YES you should feel confident in booking this trip. But to expressly answer your questions ....

What is the policy if we can not enter Indonesia next year?

• The trip will be reschedule AGAIN for the 3rd time (I think its been twice but maybe its been 3x already and we'd do it for the 4th time)
  • Your credit is good for a full year and/or whenever we set up the group trip for.
  • You can travel on your own or sell your spot and/or get a credit if the resort will honor one. (Usually the latter is pretty rare these days with the former being more main stream)

Here are the official opening criteria:

As of March 7, 2022 it is official, NO Quarantine and Visa-on-Arrival (VOA) for International Foreign Nationals has been implemented for 23 countries namely:-

Australia

Brunei

Cambodia

Canada

France

Germany

Italy

Japan

Laos

Malaysia

Myanmar

Netherlands

New Zealand

Philippines

Qatar

Singapore

South Korea

Thailand

Turkey

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

United States of America

Vietnam

The implementation of the B211A Visa-on-Arrival (VOA) service applies for Foreign Nationals and will be issued after paying 500,000 IDR (approx. US$ 38) upon arrival at Denpasar International Airport only.  The visa will be valid for 30 days and renewable for one month.  Travelers passports will need to be valid for at least six (6) months and a return ticket or onward flight outside of Indonesia is necessary.

The following Covid-19 requirements are still in effect.

1. Proof of having completed a full COVID19 vaccination/booster
  2. Negative result of a PCR Swab Test administered before departure 
  3. Proof of a fully paid hotel booking for a minimum of 4Days/3Nights in Bali 
  4. Passengers to undergo a PCR Swab Test upon arrival.  If the test result is negative, the foreign travelers are permitted to continue visiting all tourism destinations around Bali.  If the Test results are positive, the foreign travelers are required to isolate in the appointed hotels. 
  5. On the third day, foreign travelers are required to undergo PCR Swab Test, and if the result is negative, on the fourth day they are permitted to travel outside Bali.

We are expecting more countries to be added to the list in the very near future.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:33 PM

I know it's early to ask this but will we need plug adapters to charge lights n cameras? If so which works there?

You will need CONVERTORS that ramp down 240 to 120. AND you will need different pronged ADAPTERS. We have done RAJA MANY TIMES ...mostly via liveaboard but also land based...so the resort ALSO tries to help with power needs as much as possible since 99% of their clients are from someplace else!

Watched some amazing dive videos by divers at Raja Ampat. The life n color is incredible there. Hope the world is in one piece next year so we all can experience it!!

YES YES YES....once you do Raja.... everything else will be compared to it! The world is truly starting to settle down. We are thru the worst of it for "this" pandemic. I can't promise no more pandemics but I think the coronavirus variants have built up enough mass immunity that they will never affect us as this one did. Obviously no one has a crystal ball to know if we'll just have a 'different' pandemic every year....but we learned that shutting down economies and entire countries does not stop the fast spreading variants and so going forward I'm sure we will find other ways to cope. But if we are shut down again... KUDOS TO THE AMAZING DIVE INDUSTRY THAT HAS REALLY DONE AN AMAZING JOB OF HOLDING THINGS TOGETHER SO WE COULD COME BACK AND ENJOY THE MAGIC OF THE UNDERWATER WORLD!!! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 04:38 PM

So your people are putting this all together for us? What do I need to do besides pay for it?

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 12:57 AM

So your people are putting this all together for us? What do I need to do besides pay for it?

Flights from Bali to Sarong and then the ferry to Waisai will be available soon. You will ultimately need to get your air from the US to Bali. Now that Info is reopening I will start to refresh land based pkgs and flights etc so that we can start ramping this trip back up again!

So right now until we know how many days we will stay in Bali before transferring .... we can't get our international tickets yet. And actually we can't get those because this trip is in April and the sales window is not open yet.

So RIGHT NOW... all you need to do is pay for the trip! Thanks! Kamala

formerly...

#24 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 24 May 2022 - 02:51 PM

Hi Kamala, I am thinking about diving Komodo and maybe Bunaken/Manado after the Meridian stay. Do you have any associations with any resorts in these areas? I'm thinking 5 to 7 days in each place, and I think there are flights from Sorong to Manado. Or would I need to come back to Bali with the group then fly to Manado? 

Thanks

Steve

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:46 AM

Hi Kamala, I am thinking about diving Komodo and maybe Bunaken/Manado after the Meridian stay. Do you have any associations with any resorts in these areas? I'm thinking 5 to 7 days in each place, and I think there are flights from Sorong to Manado. Or would I need to come back to Bali with the group then fly to Manado? 

Thanks

Steve

Yes we can help with this. I'll start working on it and send you info! Thank you!

formerly...

#26 Geronimo

Geronimo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:46 AM

I was never good at setting up flight plans!! So doing so I could wind up in Africa. Hope I'm giving you the correct info. Other wise I send pics of elephants n lions.

#27 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 15 June 2022 - 05:14 AM

Trying to figure out timing. What are the plans for those who will head to Bali on the way to Raja? How many days will you be staying? Is there a suggested itinerary for Bali? If we'd like to stay in Bali for 4 days, what date should we arrive? What are the itineraries (dates, times and places) from which the local flights depart and arrive?

#28 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 18 June 2022 - 01:16 AM

Im mulling over departing Dallas/Fort Worth to Bali on April 6th. Id like to be in Bali at least a week before Raja.

#29 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:162+

Posted 27 June 2022 - 07:16 AM

Any updates on flights? Estimated cost for SD purchased flights?

#30 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 19 July 2022 - 06:02 PM

Wondering if there is or will be any organized plan for a stop over in Bali for a few days?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users