• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 RAJA AMPAT RESCHEDULED April 16-26, 2023 Meridian Adventures: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:162+

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:33 PM

Hi Kamala, can you please share your flight info? If you're going through Atlanta I will book the same flights. Thanks!

I am working on our group hotel so knowing your actual and anticipated dates of arrival is great!

I will also help with tour information as Bali is an incredibly vibrant and exciting city. I know Erica knows Bali well and must see places such as ubud etc.

Let me finish up the Bonaire trip and then I can work on this. Thank you!

Edited by Rachel, 06 December 2022 - 01:34 PM.

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:17 PM

Hi Kamala, can you please share your flight info? If you're going through Atlanta I will book the same flights. Thanks!

I am working on our group hotel so knowing your actual and anticipated dates of arrival is great!

I will also help with tour information as Bali is an incredibly vibrant and exciting city. I know Erica knows Bali well and must see places such as ubud etc.

Let me finish up the Bonaire trip and then I can work on this. Thank you!

Thanks! I am looking at ATL as that is how I've gone a couple of times before. I have not booked my tickets yet. How many days early do you want to arrive? I'm happy to fly with you.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 Eleonora

Eleonora

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open water (with Nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:~150

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:39 PM

Hi Kamala!

I just signed up and I want to try booking my ticket this week. Since I cannot spend an extra few days in Bali (15 days away from work are already a lot!) I was thinking of flying through Jakarta. A couple of questions:

1) Will you help us book the flight from Jakarta to Sorong?

2) When should I plan to arrive in Jakarta? The flight I like lands around 16:00 on Saturday, April 15th

3) I want to book my return flight through Jakarta as well. Does a return flight from Jakarta on Thursday, April 27th at 22:00 allow for enough time to get there?

Thanks so much!

Eleonora

#64 LovesToDive

LovesToDive

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:37 PM

Has anyone made hotel reservations or booked tours in Bali?

#65 Eleonora

Eleonora

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open water (with Nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:~150

Posted 18 January 2023 - 11:23 AM

Hi Kamala,

I booked my flight to Jakarta (unfortunately I cannot extend my vacation and come to Bali first). Can I book the flight from Jakarta to Sorong directly: Garuda GA682 departing at 00:30 on April 16 and arriving at 6:35? 

Thanks!

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 12:46 PM

Hi Kamala,

I booked my flight to Jakarta (unfortunately I cannot extend my vacation and come to Bali first). Can I book the flight from Jakarta to Sorong directly: Garuda GA682 departing at 00:30 on April 16 and arriving at 6:35? 

Thanks!

No worries about going to jakarta first... send me your flights via email so I can get the Jakarta to Sarong part booked for you so you get the scuba luggage allowances.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#67 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 12:47 PM

Has anyone made hotel reservations or booked tours in Bali?

I am finalizing those as we speak. Great minds!

formerly...

#68 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:36 PM

Some of my responses on the original forms I filled out have changed (dietary requests, rental gear). Should I fill out the forms again and/or send an email?

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:59 PM

Some of my responses on the original forms I filled out have changed (dietary requests, rental gear). Should I fill out the forms again and/or send an email?

If not too much trouble changing in the forms is best because it saves those answers for your next trip... so the most accurate it is now means the most accurate it will be next trip later.

formerly...

#70 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 January 2023 - 03:42 PM

If not too much trouble changing in the forms is best because it saves those answers for your next trip... so the most accurate it is now means the most accurate it will be next trip later.

Rachel we make data pulls from the Fillable Forms several times in the course of prepping for a particular trip gathering member needs and preferences so it is always good to update when big changes to things like diet, rooming preferences, insurance changes etc take place. The Raj Ampat trips were greatly complicated by the Covid years with extending trip dates out into 2023 and beyond, so we actually encourage everyone to revisit all the fillable forms, resubmit club Waiver Forms with new trip dates and resubmit photos of passports which may have been renewed. Thanks for the opportunity to make a crucial point! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#71 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:52 PM

A couple of suggestions for places to stay in Bali. This is a recommendation from a friend of mine.

She flew into Denspar and stayed at Hilton about a 1/2 hour from airport. Lovely place .. there was a day spa with Thai massages close and hotel arranged for them to get me and take me there.

Then we all stayed at the Alila in east Bali near the coast - they can help you arrange a day trip out on a boat if you want.

Then we ended up in Ubud at the Alila again - HIGH end hotel with infinity pool. Ubud is filed with yoga studios and day spas

We also went to a super fancy day spa at the Ritz. At the ritz we learned how to plant rice.

There is an elephant sanctuary - Mason Elephant Park- Taro Bali. It is Balis only dedicated elephant rescue facility and is home to Balis largest herd of critically-endangered Sumatran elephants. It is located in Ubud.

I do plan on going to Mason Elephant Park; plan on seeing rice fields; temples; and do a day of snorkeling in Bali.

#72 WindyMike

WindyMike

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 February 2023 - 02:16 PM

A FYI about the plans of Marcia and Gayle. 

April 11  Arrive in Bali.  Take to shuttle to hotel Sthala, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Ubud Bali (it's a Marriott).  

April 12  Easy day.  Thinking about visiting Bali Bird Park. It would be nice to meet up with some SD folks that are staying near the airport (or other places). 

April 13 & 14  Tour with guide(s), one or two days

April 15   Get back to DPS in time for 6:40pm flight

#73 WindyMike

WindyMike

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 February 2023 - 12:17 PM

An interesting FYI:

Just visited Force-E Scuba in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  They are running a Raj Ampat trip with the exact same dates and itinerary as us.

Looks like we'll have lots of Florida folks with us.  I asked at the sales counter if he knew how many are going, but he didn't.

Thought I would share. :cool2:

#74 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 01:08 PM

Hi everyone! I was just looking at the website for Garuda which is the airline we are booked on for our Indonesia flights. It says that they are a SkyTeam member, so I am trying to create an frequent flyer account with them to try and get miles for our flight that should be good on Delta and other partners. I'm having trouble creating the account on their website but I've sent an email and I'm hoping they will get back soon.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#75 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 08:23 AM

Hi everyone! I was just looking at the website for Garuda which is the airline we are booked on for our Indonesia flights. It says that they are a SkyTeam member, so I am trying to create an frequent flyer account with them to try and get miles for our flight that should be good on Delta and other partners. I'm having trouble creating the account on their website but I've sent an email and I'm hoping they will get back soon.

I was able to create an account with Garuda by sending an email to gff@garuda-indonesia.com with the following information:

Full name :
Birthdate:
Religion :
Nationality :
Language:
Passport/KTP/NIK :

Home correspondence address:
HOUSE

Home address :
Home Phone :
Home Fax :
Mobile Phones: