• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

COCOS Liveaboard Sept 22 Oct 2 2023 TRAVEL DISCUSSIONS & TOURS

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:29 AM

FINAL CHOICES / PRICING WITH SOME NEW OFFERINGS:

Tour: Doka Coffee Estate-Poás Volcano-La Paz Waterfall Combo Tour 

Time/Duration: Pick up time – 6:30 AM / Full Day Return between 4 and 6 pm

Price: $180 CASH per person ( includes taxes)  Min  2 people to book 

Experience the ultimate adventure with our Poás Volcano, Doka Estate, and La Paz Waterfall Tour! Brace yourself for a day filled with awe-inspiring natural wonders and unforgettable sights. Our journey begins with a scenic drive through the picturesque countryside, heading towards renowned Doka Estate, a coffee lover's paradise. Learn the art of coffee cultivation and processing as you tour the estate's plantations. Engage your senses with the rich aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans and savor a cup of Costa Rica's finest brew, crafted right on the estate. Enjoy breakfast before heading to the majestic Poás Volcano, where nature's raw power awaits you. Gaze in wonder at one of the world's largest active craters, surrounded by a cloud forest bustling with unique flora and fauna. As you take in the awe-inspiring views, you'll feel the volcanic energy beneath your feet. 
Then, it's time to continue our journey to the captivating La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Here, a sanctuary of biodiversity and natural wonders unfolds before your eyes. Explore the lush rainforest and get up close to an array of wildlife, from vibrant birds to playful monkeys. As you venture along the trails, you'll encounter five magnificent waterfalls, each more mesmerizing than the last. Recharge your energy with a sumptuous lunch, relishing the flavors of traditional Costa Rican cuisine, all while surrounded by the serene beauty of the rainforest before heading back to the capitol city of San Jose

THOSE GOING AND WILL BE BILLED ACCORDINGLY, FINAL CHOICE:

1. Butch aka Cajun Diver ARR 9/19 "I would like to be on all 3 tours"
  2. Cecile aka Zil ARR 9/20 "Volcano waterfalls please"
  3. Scott aka Starshark12003 ARR 9/19 "San Jose city tour + shopping 20th and Paos Volcano 21st. we can flip the dates if need be."
  4. Teresa aka just4trix ARR 9/19 "San Jose city tour + shopping 20th and Paos Volcano 21st. we can flip the dates if need be."
  5. Rebecca aka BarefootBook ARR 9/20 "I am only doing the waterfall volcano tour."
  6. Anne aka Mudchick ARR 9/19 "Would like to do city tour (afternoon) and coffee/volcano/waterfall tour"
  7. Brian aka bgdiver1963 ARR 9/19 "I will do city tour and volcano tour---can do in any order."
  8. Kathryn aka Purple Drifter ARR 9/20 "Sept 21 Volcano tour (actually either date works), Oct 3 either city tour"
  9. Tricia aka diveps ARR 9/19 "volcano your on the 20th and San Jose by night on the 21st."
  10. Jeff aka o2dive12 ARR 9/19 "like to do the Volcano tour on one day & the San Jose Tours on another"
  11. Steven aka squishy ARR 9/20 "I would like to do the Volcano tour, and if possible, the San Jose by Bight tour, both on the 21st."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tour: San Jose Explorer City Tour (Afternoon) 

Time/Duration: Pick up time – TBA / TBA

Price: $70 CASH per person ( includes taxes)  Min  2 people to book

During this remarkable journey, we will begin by visiting the National Theater, a true gem known as "The Jewel of San José." This architectural masterpiece, constructed by Costa Ricans and completed in 1897, stands as a testament to the nation's rich art and cultural heritage. Next, we'll explore the fascinating Museum of Gold, an archaeological site of great interest. Then, we'll make our way to the Central Market, a vibrant hub showcasing Costa Rican traditions and cultural heritage. Here, you'll have the chance to immerse yourself in the local art crafts and even purchase some delightful souvenirs.
Our tour will also take us to the impressive Metropolitan Cathedral, offering a glimpse into the city's spiritual and historical significance. As we travel through the city, we'll highlight several other historically significant buildings, including the Costa Rica University, the Old Train Station, the National Liquor Factory, the National Supreme Election Bureau, the Asamblea Legislativa (equivalent to The Congress), the Metallic Building, and various parks and points of interest. This informative journey will provide you with insights into our capital city, its economy, culture, politics, religion, and current events. Furthermore, we'll visit an Art Gallery, where you can find even more exquisite souvenirs to take back home, serving as cherished reminders of your unforgettable visit to Costa Rica. Get ready for a day filled with enriching experiences and a deeper understanding of the captivating heritage that makes our city truly special.

2. Bill aka Bill1959 ARR 9/20 FIRST SAID "half day afternoon city tour 21st" THEN SAID "will do the evening city tour on the 21st"
  3. Scott aka Starshark12003 ARR 9/19 "San Jose city tour + shopping 20th and Paos Volcano 21st. we can flip the dates if need be."
  4. Teresa aka just4trix ARR 9/19 "San Jose city tour + shopping 20th and Paos Volcano 21st. we can flip the dates if need be."
  5. Anne aka Mudchick ARR 9/19 "Would like to do city tour (afternoon) and coffee/volcano/waterfall tour"
  6. Brian aka bgdiver1963 ARR 9/19 "I will do city tour and volcano tour---can do in any order."
  7. Jeff aka o2dive12 ARR 9/19 "like to do the Volcano tour on one day & the San Jose Tours on another"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tour: San Jose By Night Tour: Farm to Table Dinner & Cocktails Classes

Time/Duration: Departure: 4:00 PM / Duration 3 Hours
Price:
$85 CASH per person ( includes taxes)  Min  2 people to book

Immerse yourself in the rich culture and storied history of the city. Our journey begins at the Central Market, an essential gateway to understanding the city's culinary heritage. Accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide, you'll leisurely explore the market and delve into the uses of indigenous roots, aromatic herbs, and tropical fruits that form the essence of local gastronomy. These very ingredients will later come together to create an authentic Costa Rican dinner experience.

Departing from the market, we'll embark on a captivating exploration of the city's history and intriguing anecdotes. Our route includes a visit to the iconic National Theatre, a masterpiece of architecture. We'll then traverse the picturesque Morazán Park before arriving at Mr. Sloth Coffee Shop, where you'll have the opportunity to craft and savor "el Morenito," a delightful coffee cocktail.

Continuing our journey, we'll be enchanted by the charms of Barrio Amon, one of the city's oldest neighborhoods. The culmination of our evening will take place in an exquisite private home dining setting, where a specially curated menu will transport you to the flavors of pre-Hispanic Caribbean cuisine. This intimate establishment not only offers a taste of the finest Costa Rican fare but also provides an environment enriched with art, culture, and history, elevating your dining experience to one of distinction.

2. Sara aka SAHARA ARR 9/20 "I would like to do the San Jose by Night Tour on the 21st."
  3. Bill aka Bill1959 ARR 9/20 FIRST "half day afternoon city tour 21st" THEN "will do the evening city tour on the 21st"
  4. Tricia aka diveps ARR 9/19 "volcano your on the 20th and San Jose by night on the 21st."
  5. Jeff aka o2dive12 ARR 9/19 "like to do the Volcano tour on one day & the San Jose Tours on another"
  6. Steven aka squishy ARR 9/20 "I would like to do the Volcano tour, and if possible, the San Jose by Bight tour, both on the 21st."

Time to start deciding when to arrive in SJO for our trip and who wants to arrive a few days early for touring etc.  We have to arrive 1 day early anyway to catch the boat but can decide to sight see before or after or just 'scoot in and out' just in time for the trip. If you have done some research on tour options and what to do if arriving early or staying longer PLEASE share them .

The following TOURS  are from Aggressor so fully vetted and have minimal minimums required like 4 people needed but I will verify.

Thanks in advance and let's use this topic to discuss what we'd like to do. Its ALWAYS more fun to do things with others!

MANDATORY FLIGHT PARAMETERS WE ALL MUST ADHERE TOO:

• ALL must arrive at least one (1) day before so Sept 21.
  • ALL guests can depart 12:30pm (afternoon) or later on Oct 2 and have enough time to transfer from the boat  to the airport and have enough time to catch your flights.

DAY TOUR OPTIONS FOR EARLY ARRIVAL OR LATER DEPARTURE:

San Jose City Tour & Shopping - Half Day $ 70pp
Starting on the East side of San Jose, you will see the Democracy Plaza, National Museum, the Courts, Los Yoses, San Pedro Mall, Hispanidad Foundad and the Rodigo Facio Campus in the University of Costa Rica. Next is the impressive Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and the beautiful National Theatre where you will have a guided visit.  The tour continues on to the La Sabana Metropolitan Park, Costa Rican Contemporary Art Museum and much more. At the end of the tour, you will have the opportunity to shop.

THOSE INTERESTED:

•  Butch aka Cajun Diver (20th or 21st)
  •  Jeff aka o2dive12 (20th or 21st)
  •  Scott aka Starshark12003 (20th or 21st)
  •  Teresa aka just4trix (20th or 21st)
  •  Tricia aka diveps (20th or 21st)
  •  Brian aka bgdiver1963 (20th or 21st)
  •  Cecile aka Zil (21st)
  •  Bill aka Bill1959 (21st)
  •  Kathryn aka Purple Drifter (21st AND a tour on the 3rd)
  •  Kim aka Diving4fun (21st)

Poas Volcano National Park- 1 Full Day $ 110pp

The Poas Volcano is the largest and most active volcano in Costa Rica sitting almost 9000 feet above sea level. Walking 15 minutes from the visitor's center, the main crater offers a spectacular view. It is a mile in diameter and still bubbles and emits smoke as well as exploding geysers up to 900 feet in the air. You will find a noticeable change in temperature and vegetation as you enter the exuberant cloud forest. 
We recommend: light jacket, walking shoes binoculars and camera.

THOSE INTERESTED:

•  Butch aka Cajun Diver (20th or 21st)
  •  Jeff aka o2dive12 (20th or 21st)
  •  Scott aka Starshark12003 (20th or 21st)
  •  Teresa aka just4trix (20th or 21st)
  •  Tricia aka diveps (20th or 21st)
  •  Brian aka bgdiver1963 (20th or 21st)
  •  Cecile aka Zil (21st)
  •  Kathryn aka Purple Drifter (21st AND a tour on the 3rd)
  •  Rebecca aka BarefootBook (21st either volcano)

Arenal Volcano & Hotsprings - 1 Full Day  $ 187pp
Arenal Volcano is a natural phenomenon that attracts people due to its extraordinary volcanic activity and hot springs. The trip includes a stop in the famous town of Sarchi, the birthplace of Costa Rica's artisans. Lunch is served at La Fortuna in a cozy restaurant in front of the volcano where you will have a beautiful view. You will relax in one of the best hot springs in the area. Dinner is served with a beautiful night view of the volcano where you will see incandescent light explosions before returning to San Jose.

THOSE INTERESTED:

WHO'S ARRIVING EARLY AND APPROX HOW MANY DAYS:

•  Kamala aka WreckWench - I plan to arrive 19th. Not sure on tours yet.
  •  Butch aka Cajun Diver - I plan to arrive 19 Sep and doing a tour the 20th and another the 21st, probably one of the volcano tours + the city 1/2 day tour
  •  Tricia aka diveps - I plan to arrive on the 19th, and would like to do a couple of tours.
  •  Brad aka dive_sail_etc - I arrive on the 21st, no tours please
  •  Jeff aka o2dive12 - I arrive the 19th & do San Jose city tour + shopping the 20th, then Paos Volcano tour the 21st-or vice versa
  •  Kathryn aka Purple Drifter - I arrive the 19th and would like to visit Arenal Volcano from ST Jose
  •  Eric aka Tankknocker - Plans to arrive on the 20th. No tours specified
  •  Rebecca aka BarefootBook - Arriving 7:31pm on UA1280, I'd like the Poas day trip. I might switch to an earlier flight on the 20th.
  •  Cecile aka Zil - I am arriving the 20th. So yes to a day trip on the 21st. Looks like 2 are popular so which ever one I am in.
  •  Kathryn aka Purple Drifter - Plan to arrive from MIAMI on 20th approx 1827 so interested in tour on 21st. Also plan to stay til 4th @1247 for Miami so interested in tour on 3rd.
  •  Scott aka Starshark12003 - We want to do the San Jose city tour + shopping on the 20th and then Paos Volcano tour the 21st. We could flip those tours if need be.
  •  Teresa aka just4trix - We want to do the San Jose city tour + shopping on the 20th and then Paos Volcano tour the 21st. We could flip those tours if need be.
  •  Bill aka Bill1959 - Sign me up for the Sept 21st stay overnight as S/O and book me the $70 half day afternoon tour on the 21st
  •  Brian aka bgdiver1963 - I will be arriving via Delta on 19th. Would like city tour and Paos Volcano, either day. S/O for local hotel please.
  •  Kathryn aka Purple Drifter - I will be arriving via Copa late on the 20th. Would like either Arenal or Paos Volcano, the 21st as well as a tour on 03 Oct. as I fly out on 04 Oct.
  •  Kim aka diving4fun - Arriving 20 Sep around Noon - the 21st San Juan City and shopping trip
  •  Madeline aka Mirce - Arriving 21 Sep around Noon Too Late for Tours
  • Brad aka dive_sail_etc - Arriving 21 Sep early evening WAY Too Late for Tours

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 11 September 2023 - 11:37 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Zil

Zil

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Lots but not as many as Kamala

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:29 PM

The question is can we do 2 tours? I do not trust airlines period right now and Costa Rica is a great country. What are other people thinking?

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:42 PM

The question is can we do 2 tours? I do not trust airlines period right now and Costa Rica is a great country. What are other people thinking?

Yes if you arrive 3 days early...there will not be enough time to do a tour on the day of arrival for most people. I can find out the timing of the tours so see if you can do 2 in one day or not.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 20 January 2023 - 04:03 PM

I plan on arriving the 19th and doing a couple of the tours - one on the 20th and another on the 21st.  My thought is one of the volcano tours and the city 1/2 day tour.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#5 diveps

diveps

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:DM but it's been a while.
  • Logged Dives:over 100 LOGGED, MANY MORE NOT LOGGED.

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:14 PM

I plan to arrive on the 19th, and would like to do a couple of tours.

Tricia aka Diveps

#6 o2dive12

o2dive12

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:56 PM

Jeff aka O2dive12 - I arrive 19th & do San Jose city tour + shopping the 20th, then Paos Volcano tour the 21st-or vice versa depending on group consensus.

#7 Purple Drifter

Purple Drifter

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW plus specialties
  • Logged Dives:195

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:17 PM

I plan to arrive on the 19th. Id like to visit Arenal Volcano from ST Jose.

I may stay in Jaco after the dive so I can visit Carara National Park (its close to Puntarenas). I have a vacation plan where I can stay for a few days for less than 300, its 2 bdrm so others could stay with me. 

• Cajun Diver and dive_sail_etc like this

#8 Purple Drifter

Purple Drifter

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:18 PM

I'd like to know whose flying from where? 

#9 Tankknocker

Tankknocker

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / free-diver LVL1
  • Logged Dives:37

Posted 31 January 2023 - 01:00 PM

I plan to arrive on the 20th.
  • Cajun Diver likes this

#10 Zil

Zil

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Lots but not as many as Kamala

Posted 09 May 2023 - 01:20 PM

I am arriving the 20th. So yes to a day trip on the 21st. Looks like 2 are popular… so which ever one I am in.

#11 Purple Drifter

Purple Drifter

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:37 AM

I'm planning to arrive from MIAMI on the 20th approx 1827 so would be interested in a tour on the 21st.

Also planning to stay after the boat trip til the 4th(leave @ 1247 for Miami) so interested in a tour on the 3rd.

Haven't booked flights yet, but soon.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 02:26 PM

I plan to arrive on the 20th.

I am arriving the 20th. So yes to a day trip on the 21st. Looks like 2 are popular… so which ever one I am in.

I'm planning to arrive from MIAMI on the 20th approx 1827 so would be interested in a tour on the 21st.

Also planning to stay after the boat trip til the 4th(leave @ 1247 for Miami) so interested in a tour on the 3rd.

Haven't booked flights yet, but soon.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT. Our uber awesome cyber helpers have updated the first post to show what everyone is doing!  Thanks again

formerly...

#13 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 04 June 2023 - 08:56 AM

Teresa and I are arriving on September 19th via Delta and want to do the tours as well.

Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#14 BarefootBook

BarefootBook

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:55+

Posted 21 June 2023 - 07:11 AM

Arriving SJO @ 7:31pm on UA1280, I'd like to do either the Poas or Arenal day trip. I might switch to an earlier flight on the 20th.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 07:54 AM

Arriving SJO @ 7:31pm on UA1280, I'd like to do either the Poas or Arenal day trip. I might switch to an earlier flight on the 20th.

As soon as you know...let us know via our NEW FLIGHT DETAILS FORM located in your MY TRIPS.   Thank you

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users