• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Junkie Lily from Mexico

sidemount diving cave diving cenote diving tech diving warm diving

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lily

Lily

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Full cave diver, cavern instructor, cave dpv, deco procedures cave
  • Logged Dives:5000

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:11 PM

Hi all, I am new to the group and introducing myself for future adventures and new UW buddies. I am originally from Mexico City but moved to the amazing city of Playa del Carmen in the Mexican Caribbean in 2008. That same year I finished with the rescue and divemaster levels and I have been a dive instructor since 2009 and diving has been all my life since then.  :wakawaka:

I worked for a while in this area (Cancún, Cozumel and Playa) then did a couple of seasons in cruise Ships. Later on I worked almost 2 years in Egypt and since then I go to Egypt 4 months a year to work on a liveaboard company. 

I spend my time in Mexico diving in the caves. I run an independent dive operation facility with only private and personalized tours focusing mainly in overhead environment diving, could be either cavern tours, guided cave dives for full cave divers or giving courses for overhead environment diving. 

As almost 90% of my diving life I have been an instructor, I always dive with someone, but as many of you should know, guiding and teaching is almost as diving solo. 

I am totally adicted to cave diving but certainly i never manage to decide which do i like the most: ocean diving or cave diving. I just think it is completely different world in each and they can´t really be compared. Both kind of diving bring me absolutely different feelings and mind states so I can´t say I prefer one on top of the other. The ONE thing I am sure i prefer on top of everything is that I LOVE warm water diving. I am a very coldish person so anything below 24 °C is a no go for me  :lol:

I do not have the chance to travel very much, due to time and resources restrictions, but I am lucky I live and work in two different places where diving is available and handy, warm, lovely and fun! :fish2:

I think from 2021 I will be able to plan one trip a year to do some fun diving so I hope I can meet some of you around.  :fish:

• dive_sail_etc and tickledone like this

#2 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

:hiya:  Lily and   :welcome: to the awesome world Singledivers.com!!!  You have quite the fabulous diving history.  Diving Mexico is always great!!!  Kamala does trips to the Red Sea, we were there several years ago, it was amazing!!  Kamala and crew put together fabulous trips to many incredible destinations.  I hope you are able to join us on a trip soon!  :wakawaka:

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#3 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver / Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:02 PM

Lily -

Hola, mi amiga! El ultímo viernes fui a la Ciudad de Mexico para aprender y practicar español. Me encantaba la historia de la ciudad. He viajado a Mexico una vez para bucear pero eso fue antes de visitar a la CDMX.  :lol:  

My first diving experience in Mexico was diving Kulkakan and Cenote Pequeños Hermanos at Choc Mool.  :wow: It was the first (and only) time I'd ever seen anyone dive doubles. 

Welcome to Singledivers.com! I'm new to the forums too - I met a gaggle of folks this past summer on a Singledivers.com trip in Roatan - and they were so much fun. I travel solo a fair amount, so it was awesome to meet a group of similar folks.

Like you, I enjoy warm water diving. Well, let's just say my hands hate cold water! 

I hope our paths will cross someday.  :wavey:

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:02 PM

Hi all, I am new to the group and introducing myself for future adventures and new UW buddies. I am originally from Mexico City but moved to the amazing city of Playa del Carmen in the Mexican Caribbean in 2008. That same year I finished with the rescue and divemaster levels and I have been a dive instructor since 2009 and diving has been all my life since then.  :wakawaka:

I worked for a while in this area (Cancún, Cozumel and Playa) then did a couple of seasons in cruise Ships. Later on I worked almost 2 years in Egypt and since then I go to Egypt 4 months a year to work on a liveaboard company. 

I spend my time in Mexico diving in the caves. I run an independent dive operation facility with only private and personalized tours focusing mainly in overhead environment diving, could be either cavern tours, guided cave dives for full cave divers or giving courses for overhead environment diving. 

As almost 90% of my diving life I have been an instructor, I always dive with someone, but as many of you should know, guiding and teaching is almost as diving solo. 

I am totally adicted to cave diving but certainly i never manage to decide which do i like the most: ocean diving or cave diving. I just think it is completely different world in each and they can´t really be compared. Both kind of diving bring me absolutely different feelings and mind states so I can´t say I prefer one on top of the other. The ONE thing I am sure i prefer on top of everything is that I LOVE warm water diving. I am a very coldish person so anything below 24 °C is a no go for me  :lol:

I do not have the chance to travel very much, due to time and resources restrictions, but I am lucky I live and work in two different places where diving is available and handy, warm, lovely and fun! :fish2:

I think from 2021 I will be able to plan one trip a year to do some fun diving so I hope I can meet some of you around.  :fish:

Hello Lily! Let me join the chorus with Kathy and Tomi in welcoming you to the club. Our members include a wide variety of certifications and experience, so even aboard our more conventional dive trips we are certain you will enjoy being paired with buddies who share similar qualities and interests. This is all thanks to :blond: Fearless Leader Kalama's unique Dive Buddy and (same gender) Roommate survey forms which we use to suggest buddy and roomie pairing before each trip. (And not to worry, the assignments are suggestions and not binding; should anyone discover potential incompatibilities with either once the trip begins simply reach out to Kamala who attends each trip for help!) :cloud9:  We look forward to learning which trip you pick as your annual Big Ticket dive adventure to share with us, we promise you will double the fun adventures with our group of friendly, safe, buddyless divers!

• little mermaid likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:24 PM

HI Lily...from one WWW to another WARM WATER WUSS....  :welcome:

We have such a unique club with over 10,000 members from 35 different countries since our inception in 2004. Many things have evolved from running 14-18 trips a year for 16 years including the highest level of dive pros who dive with us for fun because they never work on a trip unless previously hired in advance to do so. And marrying a dive shop owner who pressed me to use our club to give back to the dive community and help local dive shops and instructors travel more easily and without the risk.  And we've learned how to keep adapting to help our members find the best value for their money receive a high level of concierge service on top of stellar diving trips, venues and suppliers.

I sent you an email so please let me know you got it and of course we hope you will enjoy our club as a member and possibly a pro if you are interested. Many pros choose to keep SD.com their 'fun' and some choose to become part of our amazing dive staff.

As you know many diving forums are staring to fade as they are replaced by facebook and other social platforms but I still love the forums and the info they provide and the ability to learn from them.  So we have 4 facets .... our site/forums, our facebook page and our facebook group and then emerging venues such as twitter, youtube etc.

Looking forward to getting to know you better! Kamala

• little mermaid likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox