• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Am I the only one...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver / Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:14 PM

...who has terrible pandemic fatigue? 

Not even thinking about trips (or lack thereof), missing out on diving, and constantly changing plans, is anyone else suffering from the exhaustion from the pandemic? It feels like the world is ending daily.

What are you all doing to combat those feelings?

I try to name 5 things I'm grateful for each day (breathing easy is one I claim daily, so I really only have to come up with 4 others). And, I run...a lot. 

Thoughts?

#2 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:06 PM

Most of my stress comes from stressed-out people.     Most people I run into seem to be fine... but there is that small percentage that are obviously bothered.  That only bothers me because I do not know how to talk, or not talk, to them. 

I have lived alone since 2004 so no big changes to me with "stay at home" rules.

Price of most food has gone up a lot !   I am guessing about 20% overall, 30% for meats, some things might not have gone up at all, or if they did, not enough to notice.   Price of gas dropped about 30% or 40% early this year (or was it late last year?).   So that probably helped a lot of people.

Still waiting for my 2019 tax refund and my "stimulus payment."  Gov't talking about a second payment and I have not gotten #1 yet (and I am NOT the only one.)

oh.....  just thought of this....  since the pandemic hysteria, I have not had a single person knock on my door to tell me about their religion, or special deals on cellphone or internet service or cable tv, gym membership, or lawn-mowing services, aluminum siding or anything.     Wow....  there really has been an 'upside' to the chinese virus !

#3 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver / Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:48 PM

I totally feel your pain with people who are bothered. I find myself annoyed with others when I'm out running. Many pedestrians have no self-awareness to move to one side and to maximize space. I run in the road a lot to maintain 6' space so that I don't have to wear a mask while running, but some people don't get it (and walk right on the edge of the sidewalk). It's forced me to check my emotions because I found myself getting angry doing the one thing that has given me peace while stuck on dry land.

I also live alone and am a bit of a homebody (even when I travel, am not a big into going out all the time).

I'm pescatarian that keeps mostly vegetarian, but I feel you on the price of some foods. Blueberries, mainly. 

I'm laughing at the fact that no one has been knocking on your door to sell you things. I haven't had this problem either! :lol:  

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:41 AM

Hey all...yes I think we've all experienced that fatigue in one way or another. I also totally appreciate that this discussion has been conducted within the rules of our community...(some would say it can exist because of the rules) but chicken or egg...it does not matter...I am super proud! :respect:

I too spend a lot of time at home 'between trips' but this is the first time in many years that I've been home between trips AND during trips and in lieu of trips. :(

And you would think that my house would be fixed up, clean as a whistle, all my pet SD projects would be done and we'd be priming for bigger and better things... and amazingly some of that HAS occurred. But so much of the club's resources and energy has been directed at helping our members deal with the affects and aftermath of this virus on our lives in general and on our love of diving. It has been heartwrenching to see people lose their bucket list trip...or hard earned vacation ON TOP of losing jobs, or not being allowed to work or worse... helping friends and family who have contracted the virus and not been successful in beating it.

I think we all will forever be more cautious about cleanliness and perhaps we will be social distant fart into the distant future. And I hope we all learn to be nicer to ourselves and others around us. I know the first time I could eat out was my birthday in June and it was so special to just 'eat out with several friends' in a place that usually is overcrowded but due to cv19 was spaced out enough that you could hear your companions speaking for a change. The food was fab and NORMAL has never been so special, coveted and desired.

Yes I am fatigued along with most of the world and I just want to return to normal...and TOTALLY APPRECIATE it when we do!

And speaking of 'normal'. Our Grouper Mania trip has been FAB so far!! We've seen a LOT of groupers so far and its only been day one! We are expecting another fab day as the conditions are nearly perfect!

So THRILLED to get back in the water...the fish seem to have missed us! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users