• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

COVID UPDATES FOR ROATAN 2020

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:33 AM

Hello to all. Its been a wild ride and the rodeo is still not over. :(

To help everyone understand where each of our trips stand related to covid we are creating a special topic that will be linked to the main trip details topic #1 and will provide periodic updates as we have them. If you know information or have information related to the country or our provider PLEASE email kamala@singledivers.com so I can assess and add to our running list of important updates. :thankyou: and :respect:

MASTER LIST OF UPDATES IMPORTANT TO THIS TRIP: ROATAN STILL DEC 5-12, 2020

1. We had 3 weeks in Roatan for our annual "Roatan Rodeo" but consolidated to one week ie. Dec 5-12, 2020 at Mayan Princess & Las Sirenas
  2. This trip is currently a go but that may change before the end of Oct so please stay posted WE EXPECT TO MAKE A FINAL GO/NO GO DECISION BEFORE NOV 1.
  3. Currently we have 3 gals signed up. If you are wanting to sign up NOW IS THE TIME TO TELL US SO WE CAN FACTOR THAT IN. Email kamala@singledivers.com with your input or intentions.
  4.  Roatan has finally opened back up BUT requires a number of covid compliance measures including:
  • Negative PRC test within 72 hrs or flying. Link to list of approved testing sites in the US coming soon
  • Online application with the country of Honduras which includes uploading your passport and affixing it to the application. (The app is a bit quirky but users say if you persist you will eventually get it. I have not personally tried it yet)
  • Very stringent social distancing and mask wearing mandates at the resort, in town, etc. (Usually on property the requirements are less stringent but not always. I am checking on this further)
  • The day before departure you need to fill out the online Hondurian survey again and affix your passport again to fly home.
  • More coming as we have it.

Entry restrictions

The Honduran government resumed international flights on August 17.

Entry requirements

Travelers must present a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR or Rapid test result issued within 72 hours before arrival.

A completed form must be submitted at https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/ before departure.

Quarantine requirements

Travelers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, who within the last 14 days have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or traveled to a country with confirmed cases, may be isolated in a medical center or at the traveler’s place of residence/temporary stay for monitoring by the Ministry of Health for up to 14 days.

Edited by WreckWench, 03 November 2020 - 08:37 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

I found this site helpful:    

prechequeo.inm.gob.hn.   It is an automated system for getting our pre-check for the trip.

I have started writing out the steps that each of us have to do to get the pre-check completed for the trip.  I can create a new topic with the steps as I get them done.

I found that I can't go any further than putting in my trip date.  It doesn't let me go forward to December.  I am assuming we will need to fill this out 3-4 days prior to our departure.  There are some steps we each can do now, ahead of time, and I can note that in the steps.

Edited by Mom2rjw, 27 October 2020 - 03:57 PM.

• dive_sail_etc and EagleRayLover like this

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:36 AM

Entry restrictions

The Honduran government resumed international flights on August 17.

Entry requirements

Travelers must present a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR or Rapid test result issued within 72 hours before arrival.

A completed form must be submitted at https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/ before departure.

Quarantine requirements

Travelers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, who within the last 14 days have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or traveled to a country with confirmed cases, may be isolated in a medical center or at the traveler’s place of residence/temporary stay for monitoring by the Ministry of Health for up to 14 days.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 SaltyAngel

SaltyAngel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Deep dive
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

Hi Kamala,

Has a go/no go decision been made for this trip yet? Watching flight costs rise and don’t want to miss out if they drop.

thanks,

Sharon

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:17 PM

Hi Kamala,

Has a go/no go decision been made for this trip yet? Watching flight costs rise and don’t want to miss out if they drop.

thanks,

Sharon

Hi  Sharon... here is what we know.

We believe the trip is a GO but we are doing the following:

1. Confirming with the resort the room configurations given who has actually signed up for this trip.
  2. We need everyone on the trip to agree to be flexible to do a trip if needed if we can't get someone to upgrade to a single room in order to make the rooming work. (We do not have enough people to get our group leader spot so the group leader is paying their way 100% like everyone else. HOWEVER we do not plan to cancel this trip so YOUR vacation is safe but we need people to be flexible in order to make this work out for everyone! :respect:
  3. We need everyone to get their air fare which is 100% cancelable via the airlines NOW so they do not lose out on .any deals available. This venue ALWAYS has higher air so if you've missed the window we need to know sooner vs later.

formerly...

#6 SaltyAngel

SaltyAngel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Deep dive
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Kamala. I will book my air. I’m willing to upgrade to a single as well. So you’ve got my flexibility there. 

Just let me know and I will send you the $ difference. Looking forward to this trip!

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Kamala. I will book my air. I’m willing to upgrade to a single as well. So you’ve got my flexibility there. 

Just let me know and I will send you the $ difference. Looking forward to this trip!

YEA!!! YOU ROCK GIRL!!! And thanks to you we are now GOLDEN depending on how any further sign ups go! I'll keep everyone updated as we hear anything. I am also going to have a link to testing sites for the tests we have to take coming soon.

formerly...

#8 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:41 PM

I know a couple more divers that might sign up.

• dive_sail_etc and EagleRayLover like this

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#9 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 November 2020 - 08:26 AM

I know a couple more divers that might sign up.

:angel2: :thankyou: We certainly hope they can join us!  :cool1: :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#10 Landre

Landre

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logged Dives:Hundreds

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:54 PM

Note, you need only enter your passport information. Incorrect that you need to upload the passport itself

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

Note, you need only enter your passport information. Incorrect that you need to upload the passport itself

In the 2nd set of docs they want you to upload a copy of it as well as enter the number etc. You also have to upload a copy of your covid test as well. I just took pictures of each and uploaded those and they seemed fine. The test will be tomorrow when I try again to get there.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users