• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#4 SOLD OUT!!! GALAPAGOS LIVEABOARD April 16-23, 2022: Who's Going, Who's Doing What, Extras, Add On's, & Tours

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Jelly Magnet

Jelly Magnet

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:43 PM

I would definitely like the extra days option too....thanks!

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 February 2021 - 11:46 AM

I would definitely like the extra days option too....thanks!

EXCELLENT!!! I'm excited to see the options and get them locked in and ready for booking! I'll know more next week!

And :welcome: to the trip! We are so THRILLED you can join us!   You and Sara were the last 2 to jump on. We only have 1 spot left for a guy or a gal willing to room with a guy. WOO!!! HOO!!! 

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 scubastar

scubastar

Meeting folks

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:400

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

i may be in for going early, so please keep me posted on the details

ScubaSt*r

#19 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:45 AM

Hi! How do I add Nitrox to my booking and pay for it?

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#20 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:15 PM

Hi Janelle, I just checked to be sure and yes the Nitrox for the week Add On is still there on the Galapagos 2023 Booking Page where you initially booked the trip Package. Log in the Home Page, scroll down the list of trips and at Galapagos 2023 where it says "SOLD OUT" vice "Book Now" that link still takes you to the Galapagos 2023 Booking Page.

Hope this helps!! :diver: 

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#21 Caroline in Argentina

Caroline in Argentina

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 13 March 2021 - 06:53 AM

Hi! I'd love to be added to the waitlist for this trip! I am happy to take any spot available, to room with a female or male roommate!!

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:02 AM

Hi! I'd love to be added to the waitlist for this trip! I am happy to take any spot available, to room with a female or male roommate!!

Hello Caroline and welcome to the SingleDivers.com experience! We understand fellow Member and Volunteer Pam aka Blue151 helped introduce you to the club, special thanks go out to her as well! :thankyou:

We will add your name to the Wait List on the chance a currently booked member encounters sufficiently unfortunate circumstances that require cancellation; you may note this as your first appreciable perk of the club, Kamala as club Founder goes the extra mile when these situations arise to help mitigate the cost to members who are required to drop off a trip. :angel2: We look forward to having you join other club trips as well, and feel free to email charlies@singledivers.com with questions or requests for assistance.  :diver:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#23 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 02:14 PM

Hi Janelle, I just checked to be sure and yes the Nitrox for the week Add On is still there on the Galapagos 2023 Booking Page where you initially booked the trip Package. Log in the Home Page, scroll down the list of trips and at Galapagos 2023 where it says "SOLD OUT" vice "Book Now" that link still takes you to the Galapagos 2023 Booking Page.

Hope this helps!! :diver:

Aahhhh.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#24 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

Can you put me on the pre/post trip tours list?

Thank you

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:00 PM

Hi,

Can you put me on the pre/post trip tours list?

Thank you

Janelle you are included on the Tours List! :diver:

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:58 AM

Can someone put me on the waiting list for the Galapagos trip. I can sleep anywhere and with anyone.
Gary Aka Geronimo

You are on the list Gary! 

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#27 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1055

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:35 PM

Good evening,

I am interested in Tour Packages when they are available.

Brian

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

Good evening,

I am interested in Tour Packages when they are available.

Brian

Thaks Brian. Galapagos is just reopening right now and the first cruises are returning.  Ed aka Diver Ed is on one of those cruises. I am expecting some spectacular pictures when he returns! But because of the efforts to fine tune how to travel within the new parameters...its been all hands on deck to get thru this time frame.  All of the existing tour pkgs are being revamped accordingly. As soon as that is done we will have some ideas to work with.

The most common option is to fly in 1-3 days early to ensure arrival of people and bags and get settled a bit before the trek to the outer islands of the Galapagos.  Ed just did the crash and burn option which was the in at midnight and back out at 7am so he opted to stay the night in the airport. :(   Usually I do not recommend anyone do the 'just in time' option but sometimes its the only option a person can do. Fortunately with our trip being next year we should far more options than they do now.

I hope to have some good ideas for everyone soon. Thank you!

formerly...

#29 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:46 AM

I am currently sitting in Quito airport awaiting my flights home.  In spite of the current covid hiccups that we are dealing with travel, things did go smoothly for me.  No so for others on the boat.  Due to covid restrictions I had to arrive and depart all in a short window to ensure my covid tests would not expire. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS FOR OTHERS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Leading up to the trip, I did receive several notices of flight changes, the only one really impacting my trip was the 12:30 AM flight home being pushed back to 9:20am.  I booked a night at a airport hotel, which is about 3 minutes away.  It was quiet, comfortable, and very much served its purpose, as I was just there to relax and sleep.  I didnt plan to head out to explore Quito.  The day before my flights out, the boat sent Kamala a document that I needed to enter Ecuador.  She got that to me immediately ( thank you Kamala ).  On my brief layover in Houston last Friday, my phone lit up with texts and messages from Kamala and the boat, making sure that I did receive the document.  Although I did confirm receipt, the boat still had someone at the airport with a copy in hand, and a sign with my name as well as other on boat, to be certain we all received it.  I was very happy with the service.  The issue that many people had started in Quito airport.  I landed around 12:30 am Saturday morning.  Immigration took about 90 minutes.  Customs took about 2 minutes.  I walked to the domestic part of the airport and found where Latam airlines check in was.  I then laid on a bench for a few hours.  I learned that prior to check in, I needed to have my bag scanned ( a couple minute process) and then pay for my Galapagos tourist visa.  That was the issue for many.  The desk opened at 4:50 am.  A line formed before the desk opened, and I decided to remain sitting on the bench, as I had 4 and a half hours to my flight.  Once the desk opened, and I saw that the line was not moving, I decided to get on it.  It took me about 90 minutes.  They were typing passport info into their system, and typing out the visa.  It felt like they were making an effort to go as slow as possible.  Once through the line, people had to check in, and then were running through the airport trying to catch their flight.  One person on the boat missed her flight, and showed up Sunday.  10 others said they got to the gate and the door was closed.  They were lucky to get on the plane.  I also saw that with other people at different gates.  Although I got on that visa line about 4 hours before my departure, I was at the gate with less that 90 minutes before the plane took off.  Agents were also not allowing people to go to the front of the line if time was running short for their flight.  You will need a minimum of 3 hours in Quito airport to catch the Galapagos flight, if their process does not change.  Once in Baltra, I was met at the airport, took a bus to the dock, and then it was smoothly out to the boat.  Ed

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:19 AM

WOW...thanks Ed. I was happy to help you with your trip!  I know they will work out these issues WELL BEFORE our trip next year! I hope the diving rewarded your early bird efforts!!!  I can't wait to see the pictures!  :wakawaka:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users