• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

COVID Requirements For Cozumel APRIL 2021

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:44 AM

OPEN FOR BUSINESS, TRAVEL, DIVING & PLEASURE:

GOING TO COZUMEL:

Cozumel and other 'fly to' parts of Mexico remain the ONLY OR NEARLY ONLY COUNTRY where you can travel without a mandatory negative covid test to enter the country. You will fill out an online survey (HERE) for the country about covid and your potential exposure but its very simple and straightforward and easy to do.

WHILE IN COZUMEL:

Once on the island there is a 'mask mandate' when out walking, riding in taxi's, shopping etc but when on the grounds of select resorts/operators (including Casa Del Mar & Cozumel Marine World) the mask rules are left up to the individual's own comfort preferences. Massive amounts of cleaning and disinfecting are done daily, many places including the ferry to Playa do temperature checks but all in all its a HUGE SLICE OF NORMALCY and ITS SAFE!!!

RETURNING TO US:

As of Jan 26th the US now requires all travelers entering the US including residents returning home to test "NEGATIVE" to enter. To facilitate this our hotel will either transport us to the testing facility with plenty of time to get the results back OR they will have the testers come to the hotel and test us there. NO diving will be lost to do the testing and RESULTS will be back timely for our return flights.

Feb 2021 Update:  If you travel with a group the hotel will do the testing at the hotel. If you are traveling solo you may need to go to a testing site unless there are enough people traveling home the same day you are and the hotel will pay to have the tester come to the resort.  The test fee is currently $45 per test that you pay IN CASH at the front desk which gives you a receipt you hand to the testing liaison who will call you when its your turn to be tested. Testing is easy, quick, and is the least uncomfortable test I have taken anywhere in the world so far. After testing you will get your results in 5-10 minutes and you'll get your official emailed results which you show at the airport when you travel within about 6 hrs.

Note: You will have the option to take either a rapid/antigen test or a PCR test. Each test has a separate fee but the processing times are roughly the same The default test is a rapid test.

QUESTIONS:

Please feel free to ask questions below in this topic or email trips@singledivers.com.  Thank you!

Edited by WreckWench, 12 March 2021 - 08:48 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DiveTimer

DiveTimer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:46 PM

What is the fee for these tests and what are the ways to pay for these tests?

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:34 PM

What is the fee for these tests and what are the ways to pay for these tests?

Great question. The test fee is about $45 and they are done right at the hotel. Super easy! The results are within about 5-10 mins and then you get an email that you show at the airport.  The results are really quick as well...both the instant and the email results which you get approx 6 hrs later.

Just updated the first post:

Feb 2021 Update:  If you travel with a group the hotel will do the testing at the hotel. If you are traveling solo you may need to go to a testing site unless there are enough people traveling home the same day you are and the hotel will pay to have the tester come to the resort.  The test fee is currently $45 per test that you pay IN CASH at the front desk which gives you a receipt you hand to the testing liaison who will call you when its your turn to be tested. Testing is easy, quick, and is the least uncomfortable test I have taken anywhere in the world so far. After testing you will get your results in 5-10 minutes and you'll get your official emailed results which you show at the airport when you travel within about 6 hrs.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 MichiganDiveGirl

MichiganDiveGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:17 AM

I will get a rapid test on Wednesday before the trip, and if negative results
I will feel comfortable with going.
Been gargling and doing the nasal neti pot.
Hope for the best.
I also heard that if you do have a positive test, and its been a while, the doctor will give you a note.
Does that work?
Im looking forward to doing a AOW with Ducky!
I will keep you posted.🙏

#5 DiveTimer

DiveTimer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:31 AM

Hope for the best.

This Michigan boy is “hoping” for the best for you!  See you next week!  Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic