• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:Anyone doing the July 4th NC Wreck trip?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 HandyGeek

HandyGeek

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:23 AM

:lam: I'm in assuming that I have vacation left!!! I tried to go last year but I didn't have enough dives under my belt.. this year I'll have plenty... Right WW? :teeth:

Scott

So, I take it, I'd need a "higher" status to go as well. I expect I'll have over 20 dives by then. I'd like to go just for the shark experience. Though I'm very interested in starting to do some wreck dives. I'll be attending a NAUI AOW class soon. I was told a wreck dive would be one of the various dives I'll have to take for my AOW cert.

Jeff

#17 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:32 PM

Scott you should get some good experience on the St. Maarten, Saba, St Kitts trip. By the time July 4th comes around you can lead the NC trip. :teeth:

I don't know about that, but I do want to come out and check out all those wrecks!!!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:11 PM

:lam: I'm in assuming that I have vacation left!!!  I tried to go last year but I didn't have enough dives under my belt.. this year I'll have plenty... Right WW?  :teeth:

Scott

So, I take it, I'd need a "higher" status to go as well. I expect I'll have over 20 dives by then. I'd like to go just for the shark experience. Though I'm very interested in starting to do some wreck dives. I'll be attending a NAUI AOW class soon. I was told a wreck dive would be one of the various dives I'll have to take for my AOW cert.

Jeff

On my trips you will need to be at least AOW and have 40 dives under your belt. They can be any kinds of dives but after 40 dives you no longer think as much about your gear and that you need to check your air etc. You are more instinctive in the water and the mechanics are more second nature to you.

The depths are all 80-120 ft. and you are looking at a 2hr plus boat ride and they are about 25-30 miles offshore. This is not a novice destination!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

I'm almost there.......
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

Ok one notable exception...if you have less than 40 dives and are diving with a divemaster or above as your buddy, then you can join in on these trips. I also usually have DM's that you can hire to be your buddy as well.

The point is that on any given day the diving in NC is as easy as Florida or Cozy. However given the depths and distance from shore...as well as possiblity of current etc. this is not a novice destination.

In the case of Scott, I've seen his diving and I will see a whole lot more of it after the Saba trip. He has been working towards making the NC trip since last year. If anyone else wants to talk to me about their readyness to make these dives please pm or call me. I talk with people all the time about whether they are ready to make these phenomenal dives!!! And that they are....truly worldclass and phenomenal!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:43 PM

This one is definitely on the top of my list... just waiting for the specs.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#22 funsurge

funsurge

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

I'm going and am near giddy with anticipation!

Sounds like a splendid dive destination ~

Lisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users