• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Brand new diver from VA

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootBook

BarefootBook

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:55+

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:47 PM

Hi all! I decided to do my first ever dive with SD. Hopefully this will be the start of a new hobby and some amazing worldwide travel. Can't wait to get started and to meet some of you on upcoming trips.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:09 PM

Hi all! I decided to do my first ever dive with SD. Hopefully this will be the start of a new hobby and some amazing worldwide travel. Can't wait to get started and to meet some of you on upcoming trips.

Hey Rebecca we are soooooooooooooo thrilled to have you FIND US!!! And even more so that you are going to be joining us on a trip soon! I can promise you that if you give scuba a couple of chances if everything does not go perfectly....YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!! I was very afraid of the water and I initially got certified for the wrong reasons and I had some trouble because well...we don't actually have gills now do we???? And I'm a slow learner (with a learning disability that not many people know about but I guess they do now) LOL!

So it took me several tries to get certified but I can promise you its the single accomplishment I am most proud of and it has changed my life forever!!! Its like riding a bike...if you fall down once you don't stop forever...you just get back up until you figure it all out. Although some people truly do get it all figured out on their first try...its normal to have to try parts of it several times to really get it and then practice to get good at it. That is why we offer a RentABuddy program and a RentAMentor program for newer divers...they help you continue to reinforce what you learned in your classes and help fill in any gaps.  Its been hugely successful and endears our divers to the club even more!

So we truly are excited that you have have found us...you are embarking on the MOST INCREDIBLE JOURNEY YOU CAN MAKE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!!   And we are so happy to be part of it!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:07 PM

Hello Rebecca, and welcome to SingleDivers.  I found this group about 12 years ago, and have done at least 15 trip with them over the years.  Unlike most of the travel that I have done outside SingleDivers, this group welcomes divers of all skill levels, and treats everyone equally.  I have been on numerous trips with brand new divers, both with this group as well as on other trips.  One thing about new divers is that there is a big difference in their confidence when they are diving with their instructor as opposed to making their first dive without the instructor.   When on a SingleDivers trip, and signing up for the rent a buddy for the week,  I have witnessed tremendous growth in a divers confidence, skills in the water, and knowledge of diving.  It is like doing an extra 15-20 dives with your instructor.  Once the confidence and comfort level increases, your enjoyment of diving will increase even more.  The program is well worth every penny.  Welcome to the amazing world of diving, and welcome to a group that will help your diving ability and enjoyment grow.

• WreckWench likes this

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 10 October 2021 - 08:32 AM

Hi Rebecca, you are indeed off and running... er... swimming with your first destination with SingleDivers.com, Cozumel, a Bucket List choice for most divers. :cool1:

Like Ed, I've also been with the club several years and volunteer for a few positions like Trip Coordinator as a way to pay back the warm hospitality and terrific group of friendly but buddyless divers to whom the club caters.

I am available to help with any questions or possible problems you may encounter as you prep for your first trip with us. After the initial pass through the process so much more makes sense! Just email trips@singledivers.com if you would like suggestions or tips on particular points. Again, welcome!  :welcome:  :diver:

• WreckWench likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 10 October 2021 - 09:43 AM

:hiya:  Rebecca and   :welcome:  to Singledivers.com!!  Yay  :cheerleader:  :cheerleader:  what everyone else has said.  I too have been with SD for several years and on many trips, love it when we have new divers, it's such a great experience to watch through their eyes.  I think you will find lots of fun people and good dive buddies on your trip.  Dominica is a great destination, have had lots of fun diving there.  Hope to see you on another trip!!

• WreckWench likes this

#6 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 10 October 2021 - 09:19 PM

Welcome Aboard SingleDivers.com!
  • WreckWench likes this

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#7 BarefootBook

BarefootBook

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:55+

Posted 11 October 2021 - 11:39 AM

Thanks everyone. It's something I've always wanted to try and kept putting of because I didn't have a diving buddy. I'm glad I found SD - it made it easy to finally decide to get started.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 04:00 PM

:hiya:  Rebecca and   :welcome:  to Singledivers.com!!  Yay  :cheerleader:  :cheerleader:  what everyone else has said.  I too have been with SD for several years and on many trips, love it when we have new divers, it's such a great experience to watch through their eyes.  I think you will find lots of fun people and good dive buddies on your trip.  Dominica is a great destination, have had lots of fun diving there.  Hope to see you on another trip!!

"Several years: .... ahem...that would be closer to 15 years my dear! But who's counting! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

Thanks everyone. It's something I've always wanted to try and kept putting of because I didn't have a diving buddy. I'm glad I found SD - it made it easy to finally decide to get started.

AND THAT IS WHY WE DO IT!!!

Oh and to feed our diving addictions... but that's another story! ;)

formerly...

#10 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:54 AM

This exactly what this group did  for me.I was able to do trips, get experience without having a regular buddy.  I have since met many other divers and have been to many exciting places to dive.  I now have enough experience and confidence to dive with anybody.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users