• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 DOMINICA May 28-Jun 4, 2022 and/or Jun 4-11, 2022: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, RESCUE and DEEP
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 04 May 2022 - 09:44 PM

Hi! New to the group. This is probably a stupid question but what does D/O and S/O mean when I’m trying to choose a female room share room? The only option that I understood was couples share.

Nvm. I just realized it’s single occupancy and double occupancy DUH

No worries...you did great figuring it out. We will ensure you get a same gender roommate but since we are now less than 45 days out its no longer 100% guaranteed. But we have other interest in the trip so its MOSTLY guaranteed.  With air still very reasonable and Dominica being such a pristine... FOR NOW ANYWAY...destination...we expect a few more peeps to jump on.

I asked Brad to work with you on your screen name to be something more fun and creative. As you can see we USE them so there is one last chance to change it before you book a trip. If you book a trip we can never change it. Fingers crossed we can get it under the wire quickly!

:welcome: and Glad you found us! Kamala

Thank you so much I am finding my way around …fumbling more like it! Paid up and ready to dive!!. So excited!!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#17 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 09:51 PM

Hi not sure how this works in terms of getting info to other participants. But I have booked a room for the night of the 27 at the Miami international hotel at the air port. Its a double bed and more than willing to split the cost if some one wants the other bed.

Did you find someone to share??

#18 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:21 AM

I saw there might be an optional land tour waterfalls etc. I cant find it now. Did I sign up too late for that? Tia

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 May 2022 - 06:27 AM

I saw there might be an optional land tour waterfalls etc. I cant find it now. Did I sign up too late for that? Tia

No not too late! I will manage that NOW as we head into the final countdown before the trip! We are currently checking to see who is doing what and THAT is part of the 'what' everyone is doing or wants to do! Perfect timing! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:54 PM

So how are we getting our return Covid tests? Is that a group thing? Or are we on our own? I know a lot of countries stopped testing to vacation or visit there if vaccinated. But the US has not done that as of yet. I dont think.

#21 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 08 May 2022 - 06:17 AM

So how are we getting our return Covid tests? Is that a group thing? Or are we on our own? I know a lot of countries stopped testing to vacation or visit there if vaccinated. But the US has not done that as of yet. I dont think.

Hello Michelle.  I was on the Dominica trip last Fall, and there was someone that came to the resort to do the tests prior to our departure.  Kamala had it set up where the Dr was in early, so the testing did not impact any diving.  I am guessing that this trip will be similar.  That is one of the big perks of diving with SingleDivers.  There are a lot of behind the scene things that are done for you both prior to the trip as well as while there.  

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 07:22 PM

Hello Michelle.  I was on the Dominica trip last Fall, and there was someone that came to the resort to do the tests prior to our departure.  Kamala had it set up where the Dr was in early, so the testing did not impact any diving.  I am guessing that this trip will be similar.  That is one of the big perks of diving with SingleDivers.  There are a lot of behind the scene things that are done for you both prior to the trip as well as while there.  

OF COURSE!!! It wouldn't be a SIngleDivers.com trip if we didn't do all those things to make it easier for everyone! ;)

So YES we set up the return testing... the doctors come to the resort so that we do NOT miss any diving and we will advise what time and the location a couple of days before!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 07:53 PM

Thanks both for your response!!

#24 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 08:02 PM

What is the treasure map thingy? Prizes etc?

#25 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:25 PM

No not too late! I will manage that NOW as we head into the final countdown before the trip! We are currently checking to see who is doing what and THAT is part of the 'what' everyone is doing or wants to do! Perfect timing! ;)

#26 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:25 PM

I didnt see a hike to waterfalls yet. Did I miss it?

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:00 PM

I didnt see a hike to waterfalls yet. Did I miss it?

No I'm sorry. I'm helping my mom who fell and broke her hip and trying to get her meds back in order as they are all out of whack. :(  We are just running a day late and a dollar short...

But since we are run 100% by volunteers... I can not complain! Everything EVERYONE does is a labor of love for the club!  It will be in the TRIP PM which lands in your inbox and you can access 24/7 so I have to look up the info and then get it posted. We may even manage this on the island after I get a full assessment of who's doing what post covid. 

formerly...

#28 Seabird

Seabird

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:40 PM

Hey guys, can someone please point me to where I can find the list of documents that we need to bring with us on the trip?  I remember seeing it but cannot recall where.

#29 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 May 2022 - 04:06 PM

Hey guys, can someone please point me to where I can find the list of documents that we need to bring with us on the trip?  I remember seeing it but cannot recall where.

Kim the Emergency Documents list is part of Kamala's posts to trip attendees in the Trip PM. However that part is public so I will copy it in for you here:

Bring the following items in a SEALED SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE on every SingleDivers.com trip. Write your name and screen name (i.e. Kamala aka WreckWench) on the outside of the envelope. Kamala will collect these on the first day ot the trip and RETURN it to you if not needed at the end of the trip.
(Hint: It is okay to use front and back of pages, as well as combining several items on one page, so long as the information is clearly defined and legible).
NOTE: Some of this may be duplicated but if a computer is not readily available this could save your life.

- An emergency point of contact including name, address and phone number (preferably one which can be reached reliably 24 hours a day, i.e. cell phone)
 - A copy of your Dive Insurance Card (typically this is through DAN but if it is included in your trip insurance policy, use that)
 - A copy of your Trip Insurance Policy, or at least the provider name and policy number and/or confirmation number.
 - A copy of your Primary health insurance card (front & back)
 - A list of all allergies
 - A list of adverse health conditions a doctor may need to know i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, etc

- A list of all previous surgeries, medical procedures AND dental procedures
 - A complete list of medications you will be taking while on the trip and where you keep them

- A list of all Over The Counter Meds you are taking

- A list of all vitamins, herbs, naturals and supplements you are taking (many act as medicine in your body so are important to a doctor)

- A copy of any Do Not Resuscitate or other medical instructions you may have
 - A copy of your passport photo / signature pages
 - A copy of any and all of your dive C-cards (i.e. basic, AOW and Nitrox)

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#30 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 May 2022 - 06:19 AM

Tour Options Week #1: Teresa T and I are looking at doing a 4 hour canyoneering experience (waterfalls, short rappels & water jumps, etc.), on Friday morning (June 3rd). We will be going with Extreme Dominica (www.extremedominica.com). If this is something others are interested in (check out their website), we could go as a Single Divers group. Last time we visited Dominica with Single Divers, we did tour Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls; and they are beautiful if you would like a less-active adventure. If interested in either option; I am sure we can get Single Divers to arrange it for us.

Scott & Teresa 

Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users