• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Getting to the Red Sea... an expert's opinion!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 December 2021 - 05:13 PM

Whoa... sounds like I am a bit big on myself...you know calling myself an expert and all. But after navigating travel around the world during all stages of covid and being the second group to successfully travel to Egypt in Jun 2020 ...combined with my over 20 years of travel resell experience and my air consolidator's knowledge ...that is exactly what I have become regarding travel to THIS destination.

So feel free to utilize this advice. Or simply take it into consideration and make your own choices but read below to see why almost everyone is happy we set up group air contracts for them whenever possible.

Why I worry if everyone gets to a trip destination? After all, we are all adults and everyone can manage their own travel/logistics right?

First off I think people travel with a group for the SAFETY and the SIMPLIFIED LOGISTICS of group travel. But there are numerous reasons that I have listed below as to why our members travel with SingleDivers.com:

1. Group travel is historically safer than individual travel. The old saying "safety in numbers" does apply especially in the volatile world of travel.
  2. Do you really want to worry about how one airline change affects 5 other sets of logistics EVERY time the airlines make a change? This often happens NUMEROUS times on complex trips overseas and its guaranteed to happen during covid many many times. :(
  3. Do you want to use OPM?  Other people's mistakes and learn from them? If so using a seasoned group and group leader will allow you to benefit from everyone who has traveled before you. PRICELESS
  4. Do you want to be the only person that doesn't make the liveaboard? Because your flights were cancelled? Or your covid tests expired while traveling or you traveled via another country and you did not fill out the proper forms for that country?
  5. Do you feel that the group leader has some responsibility to help you understand the things you do not know or understand? If so then you'll love SingleDivers.com
  6. Do you want to be sure you have the right insurance to cover your specific travel plans so in the event of issues you are covered? If so you'll love SingleDivers.com
  7. Do you prefer the group leader manage ALL logistic changes with the boat, airlines, in country reps, local travel buses/vans, hotels, tours etc or do you want to do this? EVERY time they change your schedule? Including when you are on the boat with no phone coverage and your flights have been cancelled/changed AGAIN (like the 8th time?) And yes this happened on our last Red Sea trip. Everyone was on the group contract but one person and she had to keep working on her return flights while she was supposed to be diving/relaxing/packing on the boat. :(
  8. Oh and do you want a bulldog champion in your court fighting for you if some stupid regulation is keeping you from being able to legally enter the country? After all you went thru to get there and then to have some pencil pusher say you can't enter despite making it thru all the other supposed safeguards to prevent that from happening? (And yeah this happened too... and I was able to with the help of an amazing group of members who stuck by and allowed me to leverage their numbers to not only support those with the 'supposed issues' but to stand down the Egyptian pencil pusher and all his higher ups until the VP of the Airlines was forced to come to me and explain how his airline managed to let several people travel on his planes all the way to Cairo only to find out they could not 'legally be there'. Well the VP saw things my way and he allowed ALL of us to enter without further issue. Oh and I still have his personal card in the event of any further travel issues going to Egypt. And he is on my speed dial! ;)

Why we use group air contracts whenever it makes sense and/or saves enough money to justify them.

1. Usually they are cheaper either in direct or indirect costs. The fares are competitive if not outright cheaper than most other fares.
  2. The logistics are ALL handled by the group leader so you just 'show up' and have a great time. Flights change while we are in the air? No problem. My air consolidator is fixing it before we even land. If you had made your own arrangements you would not know until you landed...ASSUMING you had all sorts of well connected technology devices to give you access to call, email, text etc.
  3. There is add'l clout we can arrange via a group contract. Sometimes we can arrange nice extra perks or avoid fare increases. For example I have locked into a contract for next year and have paid deposits on the spots. We all know that fuel is rising so our fare will be the same regardless of what happens to fuel. Taxes can still increase but that will be much lower than fuel.
  4. I have flown with this carrier NUMEROUS times and rec'd excellent support both corporately and in person when using them. AND i now have the VP of the airline on my speed dial!
  5. Everyone arrives and departs at the same time. This is not only safer but avoids expensive private transfers or you waiting hours and hours to get the group transfer. (We are sorry but group transfers can not be reimbursed nor applied towards private transfers if you vary from the group flight arrangements.)
  6. No one is left behind... if you fail to arrive...or your flight is changed or cancelled the group leader can NOT help you because you made all your own arrangements. The group will have to depart as scheduled leaving you on your own. BTW...we hate that and it makes me worry myself to death whenever it happens...so please reconsider flying on your own when we have worked so hard to set up a group air contract to avoid ALL those issues. :pray:
  7. We can leverage a discount on the domestic air and the international air...which you can not do if you are booking individually.
  8. We can get add'l luggage allowances that you can not get as an individual.

Why we hope and truly WANT you to use the group contract we set up for this trip despite any reasons you might not initially see the value of it?

1. For ALL the reasons listed above.
  2. For peace of mind that EVERYONE will make the trip TOGETHER or we will all be late TOGETHER and you know what that means? The boat WAITS FOR ALL OF US. Or the bus...or the guide... etc.
  3. Together we are stronger and we can battle ANY issue that arises INCLUDING bureaucratic nonsense in a different country. If we are by ourselves then we will sadly fall victim to it. :(
  4. For the sanity and peace of mind of the group leader who works tirelessly to get you there...answer all your questions... make all our suppliers do what they promised to do and is ONLY HAPPY WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS HAPPY!!

Common push back by members UNTIL they realize all the above:

1. I can fly more directly via Europe. (Don't do it. Passing thru multiple countries means multiple layers of covid compliance and testing issues etc. They always win and you often lose. )
  2. I can't get a flight to JFK without a really long lay over in the airport.  Waiting in JFK is easier than cutting a flight too close anywhere along the route. Plus you'll pre-meet the others on the trip and the time flies.
  3. I would have to overnight in JFK to ensure I get there in time. Then we suggest you do it. Last trip a bunch of us stayed at the iconic TWA hotel in the TWA wing of the airport and it was a BLAST!!! Like a pre vacation to the vacation! I'm going to do it again this year BY CHOICE!!!
  4. JFK is just not convenient for me.  Any small amount of inconvenience flying in the US to NY is well offset by having a direct flight to Egypt and not having to be in charge of all your flight arrangements when THEY GET CHANGED ON YOU... REPEATEDLY. Then you REALLY see the value of a great group leader! ;)
  5. Well at least the flight is reasonably priced and easy routing and I'll be with the group. Precisely...or as they say... "Priceless"

So as we get the final details ready for this trip know that we have a group air contract from JFK included in the price of the trip. If we were not in covid ...at risk of countries being shut down on a whim we might not push so hard. Prior to our rescheduling our trip from 2020 to 2021... about half the people were doing their own air. After just the issues encountered after rescheduling all but one jumped onto the group air contract.

So unless you are flying from Europe or outside of North America then the price will include not only the price of the air from JFK and all internal Egyptian air but it will include huge peace of mind that an 'expert' has the wheel and you will truly enjoy the journey much more letting someone else drive this one for you! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 April 2022 - 08:36 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!

I just checked our group contract and while taxes are ALWAYS subject to change and they "always" end up changing at some point... our air contract has only changed by $1. One dollar...that's it so far so its a perfect time to get signed up for this trip and it will be opening very soon! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users