• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HEALTH = Small steps DAILY to improve your life...WHAT ARE YOU DOING EVERYDAY?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 February 2022 - 09:37 AM

Your health is the result of the small habits you have daily. Don't drink enough water every day and soon you are chronically dehydrated and this erodes your long term heath.

• Make one small choice to NOT eat within 3 hrs of going to bed and you have MASSIVELY improved your body's ability to heal, clean out toxins, repair the brain and all other parts of the body when you are sleeping instead of 'digesting' food.
  • Or just vow to chew your food 10x or more per bite vs 'chomp chomp swallow'.  You'll slow your eating down enough to trigger the 'satiety mechanism' sooner and BEFORE you have consumed hundreds more calories than you need and relax while eating and truly enjoy the experience!
  • Or consume your water BETWEEN meals so you do not dilute the digestive juices and enzymes in your gut when you are eating.

Small but powerful changes that have DRAMATIC AFFECTS ON YOUR HEALTH.

So what small tasks can you start today and then continue at least 3-5 times a week?

Feel free to use this topic to generate ideas, share your health tips and share what you are doing. Or just check in to acknowledge another day of health success? 

We'd love for you share this journey with us... with me.  There is NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!!!

Let's get started TODAY!!!  Our health depends on these small but powerful benefits! :respect:

SMALL HEALTH GOALS ON A DAILY BASIS:

Ed aka Diver Ed: 

1. Do not eat within 3 hrs of going to bed
  2. Extend the fasting window to 12-16 hrs forcing my body to burn fat for fuel

Edited by WreckWench, 06 February 2022 - 12:46 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 06 February 2022 - 10:37 AM

GREAT TOPIC, AND GREAT IDEAS.  Thank you for starting it.  Just as participating in the exercise topic makes it easier to get in the regular routing of exercising, I bet this will  help keep people motivated by joining in.  After hearing some suggestions and tips on the Cozumel trip, I returned home and am starting with small steps.  I have stopped eating 3 hours before going to sleep, and have had 16 hour fasting stretches each of the last 2 days as well.  Those are my two starting points for now, and with some regular posting here, I expect it will help motivate me to keep it going, as well as eventually add to the life changes.  Ed

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 12:44 PM

Intermittent fasting is FANTASTIC and is an effective, clean, easy way to massively change your health. Learning to beat your sugar addiction is NOT easy but will happen if you:

Fast without any carbs/food/beverages other than water, unsweetened tea/coffee for a minimum of 12 hrs (the amount of time needed to expend all energy from your body so it HAS TO GO TO YOUR FAT RESERVES. Go past 12 hrs and NOW YOU ARE BURNING YOUR STORED FAT RESERVES!!! 

1. Eliminate all veggie oils and processes oils... consume only raw, cold filtered coconut oil, olive oil from ANYWHERE but Italy (its all fake these days) and other HEALTHY FATS.
  2. Eat COMPLEX CARBS like veggies and minimize all other carbs especially simple carbs, sweets, breads, pasta, cereals, etc.
  3. Eat clean, grass fed, meats

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:14 PM

I am continuing with my schedule of not eating within 3 hour of going to bed, and I have had a 16 hour fasting every day.  I figure there will be a break from that on Sunday, when I am watching the football game.  Ed

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 03:33 PM

I am continuing with my schedule of not eating within 3 hour of going to bed, and I have had a 16 hour fasting every day.  I figure there will be a break from that on Sunday, when I am watching the football game.  Ed

That is great! Keep up the fantastic progress!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 03:39 PM

Small steps...actually baby steps...but still small habits that if I stick with them will help to improve my life far more than doing nothing:

1. I started upper body conditioning with wall pushups (and really making the muscles fatigue by going slowly and using all the resistance I could muster)
  2. I started lower body conditioning by doing squats. Yikes they hurt but I'm doing am and pm squats until I can push thru and get to a decent number of them.
  3. I looked at my supplements I take and compared them to a chart I found of when you should take them... am with food, am without food, evening with food and/or evening without food. I was correct on some but was really wrong on others. Now that I have a master list I will segregate my supplements into the 4 categories and start taking them to maximize their effectiveness. 
  4. Made my breakfast/lunch smoothie since I also do intermittent fasting which is much easier when you are not in a hospital room...so now my mom is home I am back onto that schedule as well.

formerly...

#7 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 12:38 PM

In the 3  1/2 weeks since this was posted, I have continued with my schedule of not eating 3 hours prior to going to sleep, and doing 12-16 hours of fasting.  I have followed this for all but maybe 3 days in that time.  The fasting time is usually close to 16 hours each day.  I try to stop eating by 7:30 in the evening, and I wait until noon the next day.  I had a decent amount of food in the house that I have been eating through, that will not be replaced much now that it is gone.  Mostly sugary stuff and potatoes.  I have found myself having pasta and potato cravings, so I figure the body is reluctantly changing a bit.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users