• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thump (or poke?) from San Jose, CA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stega

stega

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 01 March 2022 - 12:16 PM

/end lurk

New-ish to the site.  Signed up pre-pandemic and just started getting back out and about last month.  Normally I travel solo as my partner prefers building race cars over diving.  Thus I usually buddy with randoms, but that obviously can lead to mixed results.

Am mainly looking for tiny groups and/or like-minded buddies for live aboards, especially anyone who likes to be slow and calm in the water.  "Be like a manatee" is my mantra.

Oh and I abhor people with huge cameras and poor buoyancy control....

/resume lurk

• dive_sail_etc likes this

/thump

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:03 PM

/end lurk

New-ish to the site.  Signed up pre-pandemic and just started getting back out and about last month.  Normally I travel solo as my partner prefers building race cars over diving.  Thus I usually buddy with randoms, but that obviously can lead to mixed results.

Am mainly looking for tiny groups and/or like-minded buddies for live aboards, especially anyone who likes to be slow and calm in the water.  "Be like a manatee" is my mantra.
Oh and I abhor people with huge cameras and poor buoyancy control....

/resume lurk

/up periscope

Hi LC and welcome out of the /lurk shadows. Yes we welcome the minorly [sic] quirky. (Okay, we also admit occasionally a major quirk squirts through.)

We see you are AOW certified with ~170 dives, this places you comfortably in the middle of the pack of our friendly group of buddyless divers. The way the club works, we select trips to join from the ever expanding global list of warm water destination resorts and liveaboard trips conjured by club founder Kamala aka WreckWench :blond:(aka The Blonde, it's her emoji don't look at me) where a unique system of dive and roommate surveys helps match you with a highly compatible dive buddy and (same gender) roomie. A quick glance shows no liveaboard trips currently on the list but I can personally vouch for previous ones to Turks and Caicos, Belize, Raja Ampat (that one is a fave), Red Sea and Bahamas just to name a few.

Again, the surveys work and we can confidently assure pairing with a safe fun and compatible dive buddy (for example there is more than one question specifically addressing photographer buddies as well as a generous free form Remarks section for personal notes) so we hope you will meet us halfway and consider a land based trip for your first club experience.

BTW wondering based on your Member Name do you happen to dabble in archeology?

/down periscope

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 March 2022 - 10:43 PM

:welcome: Brad said it quite nicely... we do have a few liveaboards on the books...Red Sea in Sept and Cuba in summer of 23 and Cocos in Oct or 23. Usually we have more but covid has done a number on the trips and liveaboards so we are just regrouping and still rescheduling.

Glad to have you jump aboard and check us out. Yes we have a few big rig camera types but ALL have excellent bouyancy or they find me lifting their fins for them if for some reason they momentarily have severe memory loss and can't seem to recall how to keep them off the reef. Funny how their memory comes back very quickly once the fins are lifted (or the diver for that matter) shortly after the assist. And NO I don't have eyes in the back of my head but our divers will alert me to anyone who needs some remedial fin work or just for whatever reason is having a hard time staying off the reef. We DO help the person and they are no longer an issue.

So no worries about those issues... but feel free to bubble up any others that might be lingering... we not only get to address them for you but also get to do it for others as well. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 02 March 2022 - 04:49 AM

Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 02 March 2022 - 11:55 AM

:hiya:  LC and  :welcome:  to Singedivers.com!  Kamala and crew put on the best trips! Yes, Brad said it very eloquently!!! I Have been diving with SD since 2005 have been on several liveaboards and they are awesome!  Hoping you check out the trips and are on one soon!!

Kathy aka little mermaid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users