• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New guy in Virginia

Hello new introduction

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davewave3283

davewave3283

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:97

Posted 01 June 2022 - 01:13 PM

Hi everyone. My name is David and I found this site randomly on the internets and I hope that we can go on dive trips together. I certified in 2003, dove a bunch back then, but took a flying job that kept me out of the water for a long time. Im back now, newly AOW/Rescue complete with a few good dives under my belt this year and looking for more!

#2 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 02 June 2022 - 08:55 AM

:hiya:  Dave and  :welcome:  to the awesome world of Singledivers.com.  Kamala and crew put on the best trips to wonderous dive destinations!!  It's a fabulous place to find other buddyless divers and getting in lots of water time.  They are in Dominica right now, the diving there is great.  Please check out our trips Cozumel and Roatan are great dive sites for getting your water wings back and being able to see lots of sea life.  Hope you are on one of the awesome trips soon.

Kathy aka little mermaid

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#3 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 03 June 2022 - 07:31 AM

Hello Dave, and welcome to SingleDivers.  I found the group about 12 years ago, and have made over 20 trips with them since then.  I am currently on the trip to Dominica, and everyone is having an amazing time.  One of the big things that keeps bringing me back to SingleDivers trips is the people.  Kamala and crew do an amazing job of covering all of the technical stuff and all we have to mostly do is show up and dive.  Unlike many other trips I have been on, where people usually stay in the small couples or groups that they showed up with, here everyone is one large group.  It adds a lot to a trip.  Hopefully you find a trip that interests you, and are able to join.  Ed

• little mermaid likes this

#4 davewave3283

davewave3283

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:97

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:11 AM

Sounds good. I wasn’t sure if this was still an active group. Where should I look for the most up to date information?

#5 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 04 June 2022 - 01:24 PM

Sounds good. I wasn’t sure if this was still an active group. Where should I look for the most up to date information?

Hello again Dave.  This is definitely an active group.  Some people follow the forums here, while others follow more through Facebook.  There are numerous wonderful options each year for trips.  As I said, we are currently in Dominica.  Take a look at the upcoming trip section for an idea of some of the destinations.  Ed

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:56 PM

Hello again Dave.  This is definitely an active group.  Some people follow the forums here, while others follow more through Facebook.  There are numerous wonderful options each year for trips.  As I said, we are currently in Dominica.  Take a look at the upcoming trip section for an idea of some of the destinations.  Ed

HELLO FROM DOMINICA!!!

Thank you Ed for the kind words... and welcome Dave!!! You'll find our VERY ACTIVE calendar of trips several ways:

Option 1

• singledivers.com
  • trips
  • upcoming trips

or

Option 2

If you are here in the forums reading this then look to the top near the logo and click on the blue box called UPCOMING TRIPS. That will take you to the forums version of the trips.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:

Each trip has 5 topics as summarized below. Once you know the code...its easy. Every member must upgrade from our free basic membership to one of our premium memberships starting at $35 US annually. Its easy and you can get a $25 member rebate back after every trip you take. Many opt to leave the club a tip and not file for the rebate but its certainly there as a club membership perk.

#0 Topic is Orientation to our forums

#1 Topic is the Trip Details topic

#2  Topic is the TRIP FAQ topic for that trip

#3  Topic is the QUESTIONS topic where you can ask questions about the trip or the club

#4 Topic is the WHO'S GOING topic and lists who is doing what

#5 Topic is the PICTURES TOPIC so you can see a bit of where we are going!

Let us know if you have any other questions and/or want to sign up for a specific trip. You can reach us more personally via trips@singledivers.com! 

:welcome: and we are sooooooooooooooooooo glad you found us! Kamala aka WreckWench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox