• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

EPIC LANDBASED Cuba 2023 Discussions & Options

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 SalTea

SalTea

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 November 2022 - 03:50 PM

I am interested in both land and diving and would like to see Havana.  

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 November 2022 - 03:56 PM

I am interested in both land and diving and would like to see Havana.  

If Hubs joins you then you'd want Havana first right? Or would you be able to fly in do other parts of Cuba for a few days and then the diving and then do Havana at the end for 3 days or so after hubs flies in?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 GigemDiver

GigemDiver

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 12 November 2022 - 03:56 PM

Kamala,

You got my preferences correct.  Havana is preferred, but I trust your choice.  I don't need a lido in Havana.  But If by next summer, there will still be no restaurants, no gas, then probably not Havana.    

Joel GigemDiver

#19 Mudchick

Mudchick

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 12 November 2022 - 04:38 PM

4. I am going for the best overall Cuban experience I can get so trust that you will set up something that is amazing and helps the Cuban people and therefore which city or how we do that is less important to me.

Yeah, I'd like to see Havana, but it's by no means a deal breaker. Just being there is awesome for me.  Half the fun is getting out of the big cities and seeing how things really work in a place, that's the adventure.

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 05:42 PM

4. I am going for the best overall Cuban experience I can get so trust that you will set up something that is amazing and helps the Cuban people and therefore which city or how we do that is less important to me.

Yeah, I'd like to see Havana, but it's by no means a deal breaker. Just being there is awesome for me.  Half the fun is getting out of the big cities and seeing how things really work in a place, that's the adventure.

Yay THAT IS THE PERFECT SPIRIT!!!  Plus Havana gets most of the tourist support so in a way this could be good for other areas of Cuba as well.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 05:55 PM

Kamala,

You got my preferences correct.  Havana is preferred, but I trust your choice.  I don't need a lido in Havana.  But If by next summer, there will still be no restaurants, no gas, then probably not Havana.    

Joel GigemDiver

YUP! I'm with you.... as this evolves a thought is forming... maybe we share the Cuban People Support ops by going into 1 or 2 of the smaller but closer to the boat cities who also have more infrastructure in place since they were not hurt by the hurricane and then for the small number of diehards who want 'Cuba or Bust' we can put it on the backend. No matter what shape Havana is in having a smaller number of people to manage will make the logistics a million percent easier anyway and after the trip we will be more relaxed and will know everyone so that helps too. That is as long as we get the minimum needed to make the Havana transfer from the boat. I know its at least 6 and may be as much as 10 so that is why I said... we need 6-10 who would be up for that on the back end and then we could experience the entire "kit and kaboodle" as they say! Or the whole "enchilada"... or basically ALL THE GOOD STUFF CUBA HAS TO OFFER!!! :wakawaka:

Of course if vacation time is superbly limited we need to know that too for any options we set up for you but everyone needs to plan at least 8 days unless I hear differently on Tuesday. I do not know if we can get you to the boat timely enough on a Sat arrival NO MATTER WHAT CITY YOU FLY INTO. The boat is 2-3 hrs from the closet airport. You may have to overnight in MIA and travel on Saturday to make the transfers.  Going home you should be able to depart the boat early and still get to the airport early enough to get out of Cuba and make a connection home.

formerly...

#22 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 12 November 2022 - 06:10 PM

Havana would be great but in more of the smaller cities or towns you can get a more authentic experience. Id love to do both quite frankly but at the end of the day, Im just grateful to be on the trip and will go with the flow.👍

#23 anchorboy

anchorboy

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:deco
  • Logged Dives:900

Posted 12 November 2022 - 06:51 PM

Kamala,
I am going mainly for the diving but I do plan in participating in whatever land based pkg that is offered. Would love to do Havana but I realize that it is not the best option. I will be happy with anything you put together.
Tom

#24 SalTea

SalTea

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 08:59 PM

Didn't see my first post, so I opened another one then saw my original one, sorry, extra post, can't find how to delete this

Edited by SalTea, 12 November 2022 - 09:06 PM.

#25 Lets.Go.Diving

Lets.Go.Diving

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500 - 1,000

Posted 12 November 2022 - 10:24 PM

I want to do both diving and land based. I most definitely want to do Havana but I think that any more than three days in Havana is probably too much so being able to see some of the countryside outside of Havana would be awesome.

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 10:40 PM

I want to do both diving and land based. I most definitely want to do Havana but I think that any more than three days in Havana is probably too much so being able to see some of the countryside outside of Havana would be awesome.

Due to logistics we may have to do Havana at the end for no more than 3 days. We could then do up to 3 days in the countryside and/or other epic cities.

Havana has the hardest resource drain on it so doing it last will keep it more manageable IF it truly possible to do. For example we may find someplace to eat for 6 people but never for 15 etc.

formerly...

#27 GigemDiver

GigemDiver

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 13 November 2022 - 09:07 AM

Kamala,

Addressing your last question.  Yes, I would be willing to do land tours before and after the dive boat.   Please add me to the list for the post dive land excursion to Havana.   However, like Ed, I am good with whatever you put together.  Joel

#28 WarmWaterOnly

WarmWaterOnly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 09:50 AM

I've already been to Havana.  I'd prefer to fly in to a closer airport and see other cities in the south or northwest before the dive trip.

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 10:08 AM

I've already been to Havana.  I'd prefer to fly in to a closer airport and see other cities in the south or northwest before the dive trip.

Thank you! I figure many will need to do the same due to limited vacation and other logistical issues. And of course NOT seeing other parts of Cuba is like going to the US and only seeing Washington DC and saying you've seen the whole country! :lol:  Of course the US is much bigger and diverse but other parts of Cuba are diverse as well.

formerly...

#30 Nauti Fantasea

Nauti Fantasea

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Dry Suit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:32 logged

Posted 13 November 2022 - 11:08 AM

I am going for the best overall Cuban experience I can get so trust that you will set up something that is amazing and helps the Cuban people and therefore which city or how we do that is less important to me.  Having selected that response, I will add that I have been to Cuba before so will defer to everyone else in terms of itinerary.  Additionally, I have flexibility in terms of a land experience either before or after the dive - I am good either way.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users