• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

EPIC LANDBASED Cuba 2023 Discussions & Options

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 November 2022 - 11:39 AM

I am going for the best overall Cuban experience I can get so trust that you will set up something that is amazing and helps the Cuban people and therefore which city or how we do that is less important to me.  Having selected that response, I will add that I have been to Cuba before so will defer to everyone else in terms of itinerary.  Additionally, I have flexibility in terms of a land experience either before or after the dive - I am good either way.

Thank you for your insightful input and helpful. Cheers and welcome to SingleDivers.com! I see this will be your first trip with us! YAY!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Zinfandel

Zinfandel

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:81

Posted 14 November 2022 - 11:18 AM

I think it was 4
Im coming for diving, would love to join before or after land trip wherever is possible.
:wavey:  :wow:  :fish2:  :fish2:

#33 SalTea

SalTea

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:18 PM

I could do Havana before or after, but my husband will be doing the land based only so don't know if the logistics would be easier before with him flying in with me than afterwards flying in by himself.

#34 SunnyDiver

SunnyDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 19 November 2022 - 06:47 PM

I am going on this trip as much for the land based portion as the diving, so the land options are important to me.  I would like to see Havana even if it is a short visit as well as other parts of the country. It's all new to me.

Timing - Land tour can be before or after the diving or both.

The overall experience is more important than the cost.

Excited about this trip! Thank you, and I trust your recommendations.

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:36 PM

I am going on this trip as much for the land based portion as the diving, so the land options are important to me.  I would like to see Havana even if it is a short visit as well as other parts of the country. It's all new to me.

Timing - Land tour can be before or after the diving or both.

The overall experience is more important than the cost.

Excited about this trip! Thank you, and I trust your recommendations.

Thank you Denise... we appreciate the input!

I could do Havana before or after, but my husband will be doing the land based only so don't know if the logistics would be easier before with him flying in with me than afterwards flying in by himself.

Technically both options would work...you either fly to Cuba with your hubby or you fly home from Cuba with your hubby.  But we will note you for before as the preference.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:38 PM

I think it was 4
Im coming for diving, would love to join before or after land trip wherever is possible.

Perfect and thank you!

formerly...

#37 DryDocked

DryDocked

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 January 2023 - 01:07 AM

I don't know what happened to my response, because I responded back when you first asked this question!
Not sure if it's a moot point now, but I prefer your option #8 -
All things equal...I'd rather do Havana but its more important for you to deliver a cost effective option that is more reliable and more guaranteed so you are most able to deliver the amazing and life changing experience everyone says that Cuba offers. If you can do that then let's do it and save some money and time and have more flight options because we can fly into a different city as well as feel more confident that the experience of the cars, and museums and food and people will be more consistent with what you Kamala experienced on her previous trip.
  • dive_sail_etc likes this

#38 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 21 January 2023 - 08:55 AM

I don't know what happened to my response, because I responded back when you first asked this question!
Not sure if it's a moot point now, but I prefer your option #8 -
All things equal...I'd rather do Havana but its more important for you to deliver a cost effective option that is more reliable and more guaranteed so you are most able to deliver the amazing and life changing experience everyone says that Cuba offers. If you can do that then let's do it and save some money and time and have more flight options because we can fly into a different city as well as feel more confident that the experience of the cars, and museums and food and people will be more consistent with what you Kamala experienced on her previous trip.

Kay thanks or letting us know you should be on the list; we will include your name with the note you prefer option #8 but mostly that you wan to be a part of whatever tour option wins out. :diver:

• DryDocked likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users