WHO'S READY FOR SOME FRIENDLY GROUPERS??
SAVE THE DATES...& ADVISE WHEN OPEN FOR BOOKING: Cayman Brac...GROUPERS GALORE...Extraordinary Cayman Diving... and EXTRAORDINARY FUN...Dec 2-9, 2023
Then you are going to love CAYMAN BRAC Dec 2-9, 2023 for TONS OF GROUPERS and great wall diving, home of the world famous MV Captain Keith Tibbetts plus diving PERFECT FOR NOVICES and PROS alike... LITERALLY SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!!!
How to Get to the Cayman Brac
A direct flight from Miami to Grand Cayman takes only 70 minutes. From Grand Cayman, you can transfer to Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. There are also usually direct flights from Boston, Chicago, and New York to Grand Cayman. The resort is located on a private beach on Cayman Brac, the most easterly island in the Caymans – just a 35-minute flight from Grand Cayman.
*Special thanks to Sierrah Rayne a kindred spirit and amazing resource for her insight and insider's guide to Cayman Brac
The friendly Nassau Groupers are the topic of conversation 9/10 times on any dive boat in Cayman Brac. Or, as your dive guide might call them, puppy dogs of the ocean. There may be 6-8 Nassau Groupers swimming along with you on any given dive. The divemasters in the Cayman Brac carry lionfish spears (licensed by the government). The groupers like to follow along and see if they can get a lionfish snack. The groupers will get close to you and hang out with you, but refrain from touching them. Every time you feel/ “pet” a grouper, you are disturbing a crucial piece of their mucus coat that acts as a bacterial barrier.
- Insider Scoop: The Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI) has a research program that tags Nassau grouper to track spawning sites. These tags in the Nassau groupers may resemble a fishing line. It’s not a fishing line, don’t try to remove it. Its for science!
Wall diving in Cayman Brac is very unspoiled and uncrowded. You have colorful sponges, soft corals, dozens of fish, and turtles swimming by to one side plus occasionally a shark or two. To the other side, a vast unknown of the prettiest shades of blue. The walls on Cayman Brac start anywhere between 45-70 feet. A lot of them have fun swim-throughs that shoot you out at the wall. On your way out, keep an eye out for the friendly reef sharks that like to call the Cayman Trench home!
What to Do Around the Island
Cayman Brac is mainly known for diving, but if you find yourself exploring the island, these are some things you don’t want to miss:
- Take a visit to the Bluff on Mr. Mossy’s Island Tour
- Yoga & World Class Rock Climbing at Rock Iguana
- Captains Table for a beer
- Barracudas for some Pizza, darts and shuffleboard
Some favorite Dive Sites
MV Captain Keith Tibbetts
Date: Dec 2-9, 2023 at Cayman Brac Beach ALL INCLUSIVE Resort
Where: Iconic CAYMAN BRAC...the most Eastern of the Cayman Islands and the least dove so most unspoiled. Includes a day trip to Little Cayman, 3 boat dives a day, all means, entertainment every night and 'VALET DIVING'.
How: via a beautiful FULLY REMODELED land based resort where we have wanted to return to for many years. I saw a hammerhead on my first CB trip in shallow water...
Why: Diving in CAYMAN BRAC is very special! and it has something for everyone!!!
Pricing: Pricing will be:
Only 15 spots total
- Non diver $1645 CASH per person d/o
- Diver d/o $2145 CASH 12 spots
- Single occ $2825 CASH 3 spots
NOTE: If they want to do only 2 dives a day we want to offer a $100 discount off the pkg price . Let us know when being added to the list if you know which option you are most interested in.
AND we will offer some GREAT EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS along with our normal booking discounts!
Other: This will be the second time to do CAYMAN BRAC and the first time since they have totally revamped the resort...IT IS GORGEOUS NOW AND EVERY ROOM IS AN OCEANVIEW ROOM so the perfect way to BEAT THE WINTERY BLUES.... Don't miss this one!
What: Save the dates, post to have us add your name to the I'm Interested List and we will let you know when this trip is open for booking
ADD MY NAME TO THE NOTIFY LIST (just login and post below to be added to the list or email email@example.com and ask to be added):
- Kamala aka WreckWench - 3 boat dives a day option
- Brad aka dive_sail_etc - 3 boat dives a day option
- Jaque aka Jaque - 3 boat dives a day option
- Scott aka Starshark12003 - 2 dives a day
- Teresa aka just4trix - 2 dives a day
- Sally aka Saltea - 3 boat dives a day option
- Chris aka RNSharks - 3 boat dives a day option
- Ted aka BusyBoys - 3 boat dives a day option
- Sandy aka Sandy Beaches- 3 dives per day
- Roberta aka Dive Siren - 3 dives per day
- Edward aka Brian Wraf - 3 dives per day
- Sharon aka Salty Angel - 3 dives per day
- Mark aka ZorcaSailor - 3 dives per day
- Ellen aka SeaLassie - 3 dives per day
- Christine aka kittydiverChris - 2 dives a day
- Steve aka spdives
- David aka Scuba Dave
- Tom aka Fish Paparazzi - 3 dives per day
- Joanna aka Octopuslover - 3 dives per day
- Ann aka Myrmaid - 3 dives per day
- Moxie Mermaid - 3 dives per day
- Michael aka Man from Atlantis 3 divers per day s/o
- Eric aka Tankknocker - 3 dives per day
- Rebecca aka BarefootBook - 3 dives per day
- Ernest aka diveangel6 - 3 dives per day
- Cindy aka Sundancediver - 3 dives per day
- Tom aka SpaceDiver - 3 dives per day
- Karen aka schoentell - 2 dives per day
* Not upgraded membership.
Edited by dive_sail_etc, 25 March 2023 - 06:57 AM.