• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#2 "TROIS DOMINICA" Diving Only OR Diving &Swimming with WHALES Combo - Oct 14-21, and/or OCT 21-28 and/or OCT 28-N...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 April 2023 - 02:32 PM

Forums Menu: Orientation 2021-2025 Trips Topic Listing
Trip Topic Menu: Trip Details Trip FAQ Ask a Question Who's Going???

Book Now Week 1 Diving only    
Book Now Week 2 Diving or Dive/Whales Combo  
Book Now Week 3 Diving or Dive/Whales Combo
See the PHOTOS!

REMEMBER EACH TRAVELER MUST BE PREMIER MEMBER OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE THAT COVERS RELATED TRIP DATES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!

Location:   "TROIS DOMINICA" Diving Only OR Diving &Swimming with WHALES Combo 
Dates:      Oct 14-21, and/or OCT 28-28 and/or OCT 28-NOV 4, 2023

Hello DOMINICA EXTRAORDINAIRE  trip goers!

We will use this topic to manage all the questions asked about this trip. Please check back frequently to see what others have asked and how we have replied. This will be the ONLY ongoing TRIP FAQ for this trip so you'll only have to look in one place and can quickly see what has been added since the last time you checked.   :thankyou:

Discover Raja Diving & Cultural Landbased 2023 TRIP FAQ:

• How to Book

Q. Why can't I seem to be able to book this trip? It won't let me log in and I have tried the recover password several times but it does not help?  4-11-23

A. You must be a premium member aka Premier or above to book our trips. The price is $35 a year of which you can file for a $25 member rebate after every trip you take with us or private travel booking you make. So your membership dues are only $10 after one trip and you are saving even more money with two or more!  SO....please verify your premium membership is current and if you are still having issues please email admin@singledivers.com for add'l help.  NOTE:  Click the #3 Topic for How to Upgrade your membership and other helpful info.

Q. When I click Add to Cart I get a message that says "Limit reached. You can't add the product: DOMINICA DIVING OR DIVING/WHALE COMBO Oct, 2023: D/O Diver  Limit reached. You can't add the product: Payment Option: Deposit"?  4-11-23

A. The Add to Cart button was press more than once.  It is already in your cart so press the cart button at the top and you can simply check out.  It does NOT mean you can't buy the item...you just can't buy 2 of them.

• What's Included

Q. What dive equipment is included in this package? I would assume rental equipment would be available for anything not included? And if so is there an option to pay for that in advance??  (4-11-23)

A.The pkg price includes air tanks, lead and weight belts if you need them.  ALL other rental gear EXCEPT FOR A DIVE COMPUTER & PERSONAL GEAR i.e mask, snorkel, etc.  is available for rent. (Some places including Dominica will rent the personal gear such as mask, fins etc) You should plan to supply or buy your personal gear i.e. mask, fins, snorkel (if you use one) The resort will rent bcd, regulator, computer, and optional items such as a wetsuit. Only shorty wetsuits are available.

NOTE: if you plan to do a night dive or just want to video, take pictures, look into nooks and crannies or simple see the TRUE COLOR of the REEF washed in its true brilliant colors!  But you are in luck... our uber cool Corporate Sponsor Big Blue Dive Lights is supplying a variety of dive lights and video lights you can USE FOR FREE to see how amazing they are.  Most people wait to pay for rental gear IF THERE IS A CHARGE at the resort for several reasons.... sometimes we get multiple corporate sponsors who will allow you to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY and so you get the use of something like a light or computer FOR FREE!!!   And sometimes other members on the trip are happy to loan extras which save ou money so we typically do not collect rental fees in advance

Q. How do I find out what is included in this trip pkg?  4-11-23 

A. Please click on the #1 Topic with the Trip Name in it and read that topic. It will tell you what is included and what is not. Sometimes when we open a trip we are missing some information so as it is available we will add it below in this TRIP FAQ as well as add it to the  #1TRIP DETAILS POST.   NOTE:  You can also click on the LINK BOX AT THE TOP OF THIS POST entitled TRIP DETAILS

• Accommodations

Are irons available?

Yes.  All rooms have irons.

Is Internet access available?

Wireless access is available in all rooms, as well as in public areas, free of charge

What are the check-in and check-out times?

Check-in time is at 3:00 pm and checkout is at 12:00 pm.  Guests requiring late checkouts are asked to contact the Front Desk prior to the date in question.

What types of credit cards do you accept?

VISA, MasterCard and American Express.

Are you located on a beach?

The hotel overlooks the ocean.  The nearest bathing beach is 20 minutes away.

How far away is the hotel from the city (Roseau)?

It is a 5 minute walk to the center of Roseau.

How many beds are in the rooms?

Oceanfront Rooms and Deluxe Oceanfront Rooms may have 1 King size bed or 2 full size beds.  Fort Rooms each have 1 King/queen-sized bed or two twin beds.  All rooms can accommodate a rollaway bed.

• Options & Extras

• Discounts & Rebates

• Payment Information

• Travel Details

How do I get there?

Dominica is served by Douglas-Charles Airport (DOM), located approximately 55 minutes from the capital city of Roseau. 

Book non-stop from the US Miami International Airport (MIA) to Dominica (DOM) on American Airlines  Other international flights from the US and Europe connect to the island via surrounding hubs in Antigua(ANU). Barbados (BGI), St Lucia (SLU), Trinidad (POS), St Maarten (SXM), Puerto Rico (SJU), Guadeloupe (PTP) and Martinique (FDF).

American Airlines provides non-stop service from Miami (MIA).  Silver Airways/Seaborne Airlines non-stop service from San Juan (SJU).  Caribbean Airlines offers non-stop or direct flights from Barbados (BGI) and Trinidad (POS), as well as connecting flights including international routes from Toronto (YYZ) and New York (JFK).  Leeward Island Air Transport (LIAT) offers direct flights from Antigua (ANU), Barbados (BGI), St. Lucia (SLU), St Maarten (SXM), San Juan (SJU), and Guadeloupe (PTP), as well as other connecting flights across their 22 island network.  Windward Island Airways (WINAIR) offers daily flights from San Juan (SJU) and St Maarten (SXM).  All regional airlines operate code-share or interline agreements with several legacy US and Europe carriers like American Airlines, JetBlue, Delta, British Airways, etc., allowing travelers to book their flights through to Dominica directly through their preferred international airline.

What are the Visa requirements?

Immigration officials require most visitors to Dominica to present a valid passport on arrival.  All need to show a return ticket and some need to have a visa.  Canadian citizens can show documents certifying proof of citizenship that also bears a photograph and French nationals can stay for up to two weeks by presenting a valid identification card.  Visitors coming from a specified list of countries who intend to stay for 21 days or less, do not require a visa.

Is the departure tax included?

Departure tax is NOW included in your airline ticket. 

Does Fort Young Hotel have an airport shuttle service?

We are happy to arrange airport transfers as part of our package  Transfers are included in the pkg. as long as you send us your CORRECT FLIGHT DETAILS and keep us updated WHEN THEY GET CHANGED BY YOU OR THE AIRLINES.

How much does a taxi cost from Douglas-Charles Airport to the Hotel?

A private taxi costs $80.00 USD one-way.

• Diving & Itinerary

• Experience Required, Training & Workshops

• Destination Info

What's the electric current?

220/240 volts, 50 cycles.  A transformer may be required for American appliances.  Outlets are three prong European style and adapters may be needed.

What temperatures should I expect?

The Caribbean is generally warm all year round.  Daytime temperature on average is 82F (28C) and 72F (22C) on average at night.

What are some of the attractions around the city?

Roseau is a quaint town featuring French colonial architecture. The Roman Catholic Cathedral is a favorite historical site; the Museum is 2 minutes walk from the Hotel, as are the Botanical Gardens.  Morne Bruce is the site of several historical fort buildings and a large cross and cannon overlooking the city (great views of Roseau and the coastline).  Trafalgar Falls is a nearby hiking/bathing attraction and some of the best diving and snorkeling sites are 15 minutes by boat from our jetty.

• Insurance, Documentation, and T&C's

• Other updates

Q. Can non-divers join this trip? 4-11-23

A. Yes absolutely! The more the merrier! We have non-diver and snorkeler prices.

• How do I Find the Trip PM and See All Previous Trip Updates?  

If you want to see ALL the messages that have been posted in the trip pm please do the following:

• go to www.singledivers.com
  • click on FORUMS
  • click on Take me to the Surface Interval Forums
  • In the upper right log in (do NOT log in at www.singledivers.com as this will only take you to the booking system and not the trip PM which resides in the forums)
  • Once logged in you will see a gray envelope icon to the left of your screen name
  • If the envelope has a green number in it that means you have new unread messages
  • If the envelope is greyed out then you have read all the message but either way... click on the green number OR the gray envelope and you will be taken to your PM's. (Private Messages)
  • Once in the PM inbox click on the PM for the trip you are on. EACH trip will have an "Official Trip PM" with that trip name in the title and the words ... DO NOT DELETE in the subject line.
  • DO NOT DELETE  this message as we can never add you back and you will miss all the important trip updates that we send prior to a trip with our group.

Edited by WreckWench, 10 April 2023 - 11:45 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users