• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Melissa aka Waterbaby71 from Wyoming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Waterbaby71

Waterbaby71

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:5

Posted 14 April 2023 - 01:15 PM

I am brand new to diving and want to explore the world. I love snorkeling and fishing and do tons of both. Lived in Hawaii for a few years and got the bug to do more after years of snorkeling. I live in Wyoming so not much scuba here. I have 20 years experience in EMS so not a bad person to have around even though I am a newbie.

• little mermaid and dive_sail_etc like this

#2 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 14 April 2023 - 01:26 PM

Hello Melissa and welcome to SingleDivers.  This is a fun group that includes everything from new divers to professional divers.  One of the special aspects of the group is that everyone is very welcoming of people, no matter your experience.  Kamala and her wonderful crew of helpers do a great job of putting amazing trips together and pairing us with a compatible roommate if we do not want to pay for a single occupancy.  They also match us with compatible dive buddies ( suggestions ) on each trip.  I have made more than 30 trips with the group over the years, and am looking forward to my next one.

Ed

• little mermaid and Waterbaby71 like this

#3 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 15 April 2023 - 11:20 AM

:hiya:  Melissa and   :welcome: to Singledivers.com!!!   Deiver Ed is correct, there are divers from every aspect of diving and meeting them is lots of fun!!  Kamala and crew put on the best trips to wonderous places.  I hope you look at the trips like Cozumel. Lots of fabulous fish to see and a great way to add some dives to your profile!! 

Kathy aka little mermaid 

• dive_sail_etc and Waterbaby71 like this

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 April 2023 - 11:44 AM

I am brand new to diving and want to explore the world. I love snorkeling and fishing and do tons of both. Lived in Hawaii for a few years and got the bug to do more after years of snorkeling. I live in Wyoming so not much scuba here. I have 20 years experience in EMS so not a bad person to have around even though I am a newbie.

Hi Melissa, I echo Ed and Kathy in welcoming you to our online buddyless diver club. I already logged your name into the Notify Lists for Cayman Brac 2023 and Maldives 2024 trips, which means as a Premier Member you will have a leg up on standard Members when those trips open for booking soon.

Please feel free to email with any questions you may have about how the club operates, Member Support email is either angels@singledivers.com (our lady volunteers answer there) or charlies@singledivers.com (we trust the inference from the account names are obvious). As a retiree I have the time check the charlies account daily, Tami is a full time nurse so I am not certain how frequently the angels address is accessed. Just a little behind the curtains info you may find useful...

Again, welcome! :welcome: I have been a member since 2009 and a volunteer since 2012, and a veteran of over 20 club trips so I feel I can speak with experience when I say you will thoroughly enjoy joining club founder Kamala aka WreckWench and our merry band of safe, friendly buddyless divers wherever in the world (literally) you choose to go. :diver:

• WreckWench, little mermaid and Waterbaby71 like this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 17 April 2023 - 04:03 PM

Hello and Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!
  • Waterbaby71 likes this

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 April 2023 - 06:20 AM

HELLO FROM INDONESIA!!!

WOW... our members truly sum it up better than I can ever 'sell it' to you. We are glad you found us and you will really enjoy yourself on one or many of our trips.

Jump in and splash around... I think you have already signed up for our Cayman Brac trip which will be pretty easy for a new diver. Maldives has tons of current and can be very challenging diving. Hopefully by then you will have your skills all dialed in... cheers and welcome, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users