• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: July 9-11...Texas Flower Gardens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
517 replies to this topic

#46 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:45 PM

Not to disagree with you Mitch0129, but if it were me coming from Arlington, I would come out 20 to 45S, take 45 all the way to The Woodlands (35 miles N of Houston), take the Toll Road to 635, stay in the right lane and take 59 South, then 288 S to Freeport.

Zen, I assume you are talking about getting on the Hardy Toll Road coming out of the Woodlands all the way to Loop 610, getting on Loop 610 heading east for about one mile, then getting on Hwy-59 to Hwy 288 S. You threw me off when you said 635. :teeth:

I did not think of that route, that would be a good one to take coming in from Dallas. I stand corrected!

Ooops, my bad, you are correct, I will go and edit my post just for clairification. Thanks for setting me straight.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#47 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:59 PM

Here's some more of Hi374

Attached Images

• FGHi374_4.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#48 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

More

Attached Images

• FGHi374_7.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#49 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

WW,

You keep coming up with trips that I want to do! I might have to get a job.

Yeah but if you get a job, you won't be able to get the time off to do all the trips! This is a terrible Catch-22 here.... :o
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#50 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:14 PM

Here's some more of Hi374

LA, first you said it was a pic from H571 and a pic from Hi374, are you sure that it isn't from either HI376 or HI389. As far as I know, those are the two most common deep water platforms dove. Just curious if you dove with another company and in what location were those deep water platforms.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#51 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:16 PM

Yeah but if you get a job, you won't be able to get the time off to do all the trips! This is a terrible Catch-22 here.... :o

LMAO...good point Marvelous! :o

#52 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the information.  Need to see the pricing and such. I also have tons of miles on Delta which is an option too.  Once I commit (or get committed), I will figure out the best route.

Yes, if you did not notice, Delta does also fly into Hobby.

Yes I did notice that thank you, but I still need to see how much this wonderful Flower Garden Trip will cost :o

I am just a single working girl with no Sugar Daddy so its my own dime (or lots and lots of dimes)

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#53 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:48 AM

Yeah but if you get a job, you won't be able to get the time off to do all the trips! This is a terrible Catch-22 here.... :birthday:

I know....what's a girl to do....not to mention how much it would mess with my skiing! Now if it would only snow here.

#54 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:43 PM

Zen I was diving from the Spree in 2001, we did pull up to other rigs, didn't catch the numbers but Frank desided against it because they were welding on one with the ground wires hanging near where we would be diving and the other was being sandblasted. :birthday: :dance:

Signed and Dated

#55 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

........bad news , folks...........checked with the boss and the vacation schedule, unfortunately I can't be off on Friday July 8th, and although I could take off July 9th through 11th, I'd need July 8th to make the drive down....so it appears I can't make this trip afterall..........sigh.

Karl

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

........bad news , folks...........checked with the boss and the vacation schedule, unfortunately I can't be off on Friday July 8th, and although I could take off July 9th through 11th, I'd need July 8th to make the drive down....so it appears I can't make this trip afterall..........sigh.

Karl

You need half of it. You can still make the trip if you leave by noon. But if you can't miss any of the 8th then you S-O-L! Bummer....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#57 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

Hi Wenchie,

...........I'll brainstorm to see if I figure any way 'out' of work.........essentially my 6 person team is only allowed to have 1 person 'off' on any given day........and had this trip been announced a week or so ago, I could have made this trip for sure.....however, last week the boss announced everyone better hurry up and 'bid' for their 2005 vacation days and schedule them immediately......I successfully 'bid' for some other days off as I was the first person on the team to do so weeks ago......unfortunately the FG trip was announced after all my teammates made their choices...and someone chose to take off the week of July 4--8, so now I can't be off on the 8th.

...the only possibility that comes to mind at the moment is finding someone on night shift to work 1/2 a day for me...so I can work the morning of the 8th and leave at noon...I'd have to work an extra 1/2 day for them in exchange, to cover their shift......so I'd have to put in a 12 hr day once to make that happen (my regular 8 hrs + 4 of 'their' hours).

I'll see what I can do............

Karl

Edited by scubafanatic, 04 February 2005 - 11:21 PM.

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:23 PM

Hi Wenchie,

...........I'll brainstorm to see if I figure any way 'out' of work.........essentially my 6 person team is only allowed to have 1 person 'off' on any given day........and had this trip been announced a week or so ago, I could have made this trip for sure.....however, last week the boss announced everyone better hurry up and 'bid' for their 2005 vacation days and schedule them immediately......I successfully 'bid' for some other days off as I was the first person on the team to do so weeks ago......unfortunately the FG trip was announced after all my teammates made their choices...and someone chose to take off the week of July 4--8, so now I can't be off on the 8th.

...the only possibility that comes to mind at the moment is finding someone on night shift to work 1/2 a day for me...so I can work the morning of the 8th and leave at noon...I'd have to work an extra 1/2 day for them in exchange, to cover their shift......so I'd have to put in a 12 hr day once to make that happen (my regular 8 hrs + 4 of 'their' hours).

I'll see what I can do............

Karl

Sounds like a good plan to me! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#59 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:00 AM

.....I'm especially anxious since, unless SD.com ends up scheduling either another FG trip date.......or perhaps a long-weekend Cozumel trip, the July 8--11 FG trip will likely be the only SD.com trip I can 'do' this year.

...can't do Saba, it's sold out and I'm doing the T&C Explorer 3/26--4/2 anyway.

can't do Fiji, too expensive (especially airfare) and I'm doing the Don Jose (Sea of Cortez) live-aboard 10/30--11/06 that same week.

can't do Bonaire in Nov or a Coz New-Year's trip, as unless I change positions/depts at work, (which may happen but I can't guarantee that it will right now) vacations are prohibited 11/15--01/15, that's our busy season.

Bonaire in June is just too close to my July 16--23 Co-Co-View trip.

can't do Grenada, I'm doing another FG trip Labor Day weekend 3-day trip, and that area of the world is ground-zero in the middle of hurricane season...witness the devastation Grenada so recently suffered this past summer.

can't do the NC wreck trips.......might be interesting, but I'm a 4 or 5 dives a day man, I can't justify only 2 dives daily, and I'll bet they'll end up almost all male trips anyway.

can't do Florida.......not crazy about the trip structure.....I prefer a more tightly knit group.....not multiple boats, people arriving and departing on all different days....scattered all over the place with multiple agendas.....it's already hard enough to meet people and have shared experiences as is.......I understand the 'logic' behind the trip......just not my cup of tea, that's all.

...guess I'll try to keep my 2006 schedule more open.....

Karl

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:59 AM

can't do Fiji, too expensive (especially airfare) 

Unless you mean the air to LA is too expensive the air to Fiji is already in the trip price from LAX!

can't do Grenada ... and that area of the world is ground-zero in the middle of hurricane season...witness the devastation Grenada so recently suffered this past summer.

Grenada is rarely if ever hit by hurricanes however just as Texas is rarely hit, it does happen! The last hurricane to hit Grenada was in the 80's.

can't do the NC wreck trips.......might be interesting, but I'm a 4 or 5 dives a day man, I can't justify only 2 dives daily, and I'll bet they'll end up almost all male trips anyway.

2 dives ANYWAY you want to do them (practically) is incredible...especially given the history you are diving on. And you might just be betting wrong as I've NEVER run an all male trip before and our Oct NC 2004 trip had 50% women on it! Yes...women are discovering NC...or is it they are discovering all the men who dive NC???? :cool2:

...guess I'll try to keep my 2006 schedule more open.....

Now THAT is a true statement if I've ever heard one! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users