• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: 4th of July ..Diving on History...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#31 SCUBADIVINERIK

SCUBADIVINERIK

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:I enjoy all diving
  • Logged Dives:A bunch

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:10 AM

I really want to get on this trip as well. Not, sure what my work schedule is going to be yet so I cant commit. I might know in a month though.

Erik

#32 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:22 AM

If anyone plans to be in town on Wednesday the 29th (the day before the trip arrival date), let me know and I can sort of plan a little informal dinner at a local eatery. We have lots of time on this, but just thought I would throw it out to think about.

It is fiscal year end and I don't have much free time arrange anything big in June, but I could find a place to eat dinner. :teeth:

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:33 AM

I really want to get on this trip as well. Not, sure what my work schedule is going to be yet so I cant commit. I might know in a month though.

Erik

Erik that would be awesome!!! Even with the BTS show next month...I'm sure that we'd have space still in a month! Do let us know as soon as you can!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

If anyone plans to be in town on Wednesday the 29th (the day before the trip arrival date), let me know and I can sort of plan a little informal dinner at a local eatery. We have lots of time on this, but just thought I would throw it out to think about.

It is fiscal year end and I don't have much free time arrange anything big in June, but I could find a place to eat dinner. :teeth:

Linda

Hey Linda that would be great! Maybe Rich could help organize the June Happy Hour for the day before! Just an idea...I could come in a day early but not sure how many other people flying in could do that! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#35 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:46 AM

If anyone plans to be in town on Wednesday the 29th (the day before the trip arrival date), let me know and I can sort of plan a little informal dinner at a local eatery.  We have lots of time on this, but just thought I would throw it out to think about.

It is fiscal year end and I don't have much free time arrange anything big in June, but I could find a place to eat dinner.  :teeth:

Linda

Hey Linda that would be great! Maybe Rich could help organize the June Happy Hour for the day before! Just an idea...I could come in a day early but not sure how many other people flying in could do that! -ww

I will let Rich respond to that, but my offer still stands, if anyone happens to be in town a day early (29th) and just would like company for dinner, let me know, I would be happy to meet them.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:35 PM

I will let Rich respond to that, but my offer still stands, if anyone happens to be in town a day early (29th) and just would like company for dinner, let me know, I would be happy to meet them.

Thank you! That is very sweet! If we don't do a local area Happy Hour than I'll probably come in early ANYWAY and take you up on that offer! -ww

p.s. of course you could always come and join us and just do the beach thing! I know that NC diving is not your cup of tea but we'd love to have you on the trip anyway if you'd like to join us for a few days!

formerly...

#37 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:13 PM

p.s. of course you could always come and join us and just do the beach thing! I know that NC diving is not your cup of tea but we'd love to have you on the trip anyway if you'd like to join us for a few days!

I am always up for a beach thing. However I had to give up July 1st off so I could do the Flower Gardens, but there is always a drive down after work, it will still be light, and would need to leave on Monday. What is the cost for room only and the party Saturday or is it Friday? PM me with that info please.

If you came in a day early I might have a space for you in the guest room but you would have to negotiate with the stuffed animals for space.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

I am always up for a beach thing. However I had to give up July 1st off so I could do the Flower Gardens, but there is always a drive down after work, it will still be light, and would need to leave on Monday. What is the cost for room only and the party Saturday or is it Friday? PM me with that info please.

Roger that! I'm not at my normal computer so don't have the pricing details in front of me. I will pm that info to you when I'm home!

If you came in a day early I might have a space for you in the guest room but you would have to negotiate with the stuffed animals for space.

Hmm....stuffed animals eh? Sounds like MY GUEST BEDROOM!!! Ok...the guest bedroom closet anyway. I've had so much company lately that I've put the stuffed animals in the closet so many times to clear the bed that I've just left them in there! :welcome:

formerly...

#39 Poogweese

Poogweese

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI DM, DRI 1
  • Logged Dives:700

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:21 PM

Hi kamala, when you recieve my NC trip deposit would you mark me for "Nitrox Steel 100's" rental?
Thanks!

Poog :usflag:

#40 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

Ditto - kindly mark me down for steel 100s Nitrox as well.

Gee, can I also get a pony with N2O2 instead of just N2 & O2? Just for the SI, of course...

for those of you skipped your Chem final, N2O2 is nitrous oxide :wakawaka:

#41 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

Don't wait too long to buy you flights. Round-trip from Phoenix to RDU just went up from $254 to $394 on Delta, other carriers are showing similar prices as well.

DOH! I waited just a week too late to book the flight. :(

#42 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

Don't wait too long to buy you flights. Round-trip from Phoenix to RDU just went up from $254 to $394 on Delta, other carriers are showing similar prices as well.

DOH! I waited just a week too late to book the flight. :(

Southwest might be a good option for some. The last time I checked RDU to PHX was just at $200 if you it it right. It is also possible to get a direct flight. I am keeping an eye on it myself since I will be flying into Phoenix later this year.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#43 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

A few more hours hunting options all over again (frown), and I snagged a set of AA flights that'll keep me from running *too* much, for $299. I'll be darned if I can figure out why Delta went nuts on me. Any other airline and I'd be either overnighting in Raleigh or just plain not making the schedule.

Did Delta suddenly start offering truffles & pate in coach instead of the peanuts? They've certainly priced themselves out of *my* vacation in a week's time. :welcome:

I won't fly Southwest until they change their 'cattle call' boarding and not-so-subtle hints that if you arrive late, they might have over-booked a flight and you're on your own. If I have a seat assignment, I'm getting on the plane with any other carrier. I gotta admit, I like the 'down home' humor on the few Southwest flights I've taken, but I was the third-from-last to board on one flight, and a number of folks behind me were fighting for the last slot. It's just not worth the few bucks saved for me.

See y'all in June!

#44 In2h2o

In2h2o

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

Sounds like it will be a blast!! Great area to dive. What boat do you have chartered?

Going to miss this one, I already have a trip planned to San Diego for the 4th. Diving the kelp beds!!

#45 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

In2h2o: best as I can tell, they've chartered the Diver Down,

It's the only other place I could find in Morehead. WW, feel free to correct me if I'm having a senior moment.

Good news for other crazies that prefer DIN valves: I contacted the Diver Down, and they said "all of our tanks are DIN capable". I'm guessing they use the DIN valves with the yoke screw-in plug that I've seen elsewhere. :teeth:
Since I keep my gear in top shape, using DIN eliminates any aggravation with a crummy o-ring on a rental yoke tank. Been there, done that a few times. POP!
Looks like I don't have to bother swapping my reg around after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users