• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: August 4-8 Wreck Mania...Wrecks & More...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:31 AM

August is the most pristine month for NC wreck and shark diving!

August 5-7 diving with Aug 4th and 8th as travel days!

The water is usually the warmest and the clearest...the air temps are hot so expect 80-85 bottom temps...85-90 air temps and 70-150 ft of vis! YES we are talking about North Carolina here...of course we have the advantage of the Gulf Stream coming into shore near Morehead City, NC....don't ya just love a place where you do only deep diving to be called "MoreHead"????? Of course our boat is called the "Diver DOWN" and if you are really good diving these wrecks you can penetrate! And last but not least...if additional support is needed...the boat capt's last name is "Cox"! :teeth:

To See More...Click here for NC Photo Gallery

Who's Going? ONLY 18 spots!

1. Kamala aka the "Wreck Wench" 3 days/4nites D/O-pd Rentals; Nitrox 100's
2. Scott aka Travelnsj 3 days/4 nites S/O dep Rentals; Nitrox 120's+ Single room upgrade confirmed
3. Daniel aka Capt Saaz 3 days/3-4 nites dep/1st Nitrox Fills 100's Single room upgrade pending
4. Scott aka GentDiver 3 days/4 nites-pd 120's upgrade Rentals; Nitrox 120's+
5. Ariesno1 - 3days/3-4nites? dep/1st Rentals Nitrox 100's+
6. Allan aka Dive N - 3 days/4nites $307.50 Rentals; Nitrox 100's+ air from DFW via SD
7.Ellen aka FairyBassett - 3days/4nites pd trip & nitroxRentals; Nitrox 80's+
8. Buz aka AirHead - Oklahoma City, OK pd trip & nitrox Rentals Nitrox 100's+/SO
9. Scubabjs - pd trip & Rentals or Fills???
10.Dennis aka dks001 3days/4nites Rentals; Nitrox 100's+
11. Todd - 3days/4nites Rentals; Nitrox 100's+
12. Jeff aka SeaHorseWrangler
13. JWalling VA
14. Jay aka yaj12795
15. Heidi (Fri) & Vanessa (Sat & Sun)
16. Dan & ________ (Sat & Sun)
17. Jenny aka hydrophilicty (sat & sun)

Check's in the mail...

Full Details below:

Hey gang! ONLY 18 TOTAL can do this trip!!! Diving on History in North Carolina is a once in a lifetime dive (ok twice for some of us!!!) you have to do at LEAST once!!! But I'll warn you...when you find out that there is Caribbean water with HUGE animal encounters and the most incredible wrecks that you can dive on or in...you may just get 'hooked' like some of us near and dear to you...ahem...me!

What You’ll See:

REAL WWI and WWII shipwrecks…..sunk as early as 1918
The U-352….the second U-Boat sunk by the US in WWII and the ONLY U-Boat in warm, clear diveable waters!
Numerous U-Boat victims (not bodies) who fought valiantly for our freedoms!
Large animals such as Huge Southern Stingrays, Barracudas, Grouper, Amberjack, and yes SHARKS!!!

(Please note that we ask for 40+ dives and adv open water or equilivent in experience as these wrecks are 80-125ft in depth. The water temps are 80-85 degrees and vis is 70-150ft. No wreck certfication is required however the standard nitrox blend is 30%. Most wrecks do NOT have penetration opportunities and you must be specially trained to attempt a wreck penetration. Many of the wrecks have light passthru's where you can swim in and out to the light on the other side. Most of the wrecks are scattered due to frequent storms or if inshore cable layered to prevent hazards to shipping.)

See full package details below these summaries.

4 nights/3 days Diving/6 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB
$740 diver d/o $465 non-diver d/o

(All divers need to arrive in RDU Raliegh airport by 3pm Thursday Aug 4th for group van pickup. If from the local area need to arrive sometime on Aug 4th for early boat departure Aug 5th. Depart Monday Aug 8th from MHCity at 11:00am arrive RDU approx 3-4pm in time for 5pm or later RDU departures.)

Note: Please contact me for local VA/NC/SC rates.

Optional Add-on's:

Single Room Upgrade: $50 per night or $200 for 4 nites (limited single rooms available)
Nitrox: Fills are 30%. 100's $12; 80's $10
Nitrox: Rentals are steel or alum 30%. 100's $18; 80's $15
Nitrox: Upgrades for SD pkg Divers are 30%. 100's $12; 80's $10
Air: Fills 100's $6; 80's $5
Air: Rentals 100's $10; 80's $6
Air: Ugrade to air 100's $5 per tank
Air: INCLUDED IN SD PKG are 2 air 80's daily
Additional Sightseeing excursions: Historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach and Morehead City offer a host of shopping and fun activities on 'the boardwalk'. We can also visit Fort Macon which is the only fort to be commissioned twice in US History...first in the Civil War and then in WWII.

Discounts:

1. SingleDiver.com Premier Membership Discount <$25>
2. Early Bird Booking Discount if paid in full by 2/25/05 <$50>
3. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via paypal please add 3% processing fee.

Deposit Information:

1. Payment in full by 2/25/05 receives $50 off the trip price and as always premier and charter members receive an additional $25 member discount.

2. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $200 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.

3. Deposit Schedule:

a. $200 due at booking to hold your reservation for trip
b. 50% of trip total due April 1st or $370
c. 50% of trip less $200 and member discounts or Bal of trip due May 1st ($370 less any member discounts and deposit paid)

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal. (We are not able to accept credit cards directly at this time only via paypal.)

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to SingleDivers.com email = kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name as well as the trip name you are sending money for in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment with screen name & trip name on memo line on the check to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post a post in the thread that you plan to join us. We'll then put your name on the 'check in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the trip rooming & diving survey which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!"
or click here to link to it.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.

* INCLUDED in 4 nights/3 days Diving/6 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB NC pkg:

Over ten years of experienced hosting by the "Wreck Wench" and the “Diver Down”
3 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day (air 80’s included with upgrade avail. to Nitrox and 100’s)
Four (4) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman’s Inn Hotel (100 ft from the boat)
R/T Transfers from Raleigh Airport to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Wreck, Boat, Deep, Computer, etc.
Fabulous Fresh Catch & Steak Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
Dinner reservations for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
Lead included…but bring your own weight belt, as belts are limited.
Boat limited to ONLY 18 divers plus crew. (Hurry Now to secure your spot!)

NOT Included:

Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $280 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 3 of 4 nights
Dive tips….typically $10 per day
Nitrox upgrades
Other incidentals

*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is $100+ per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!

Note:PLEASE ask us if you are able and ready to make these phenomenal dives comfortably and safely! NC diving is not for everyone...but it could be for you!

Attached Images

• post_24_1107376365.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

This I am interested in and I can drive down so no need for a "time to fly" count down. Just may have to miss the first day of diving tho.. :banghead:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#3 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:25 AM

Is it just me or is WW really try to entice some men on this trip????

Okay WW, we've already discussed this one and you KNOW I'm interested. Keep us posted on the details. Thanks!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

Is it just me or is WW really try to entice some men on this trip????

Okay WW, we've already discussed this one and you KNOW I'm interested. Keep us posted on the details. Thanks!

Actually I try to recruit women on these trips for ALL you guys!!! :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:00 AM

I'm in. I had to pass last year but not this time around!!!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:04 PM

Full trip details are posted...see first post! -ww

formerly...

#7 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:16 PM

Sign me up. I have a buddy that lives in the area so I will see if he wants to join us as a non-diver.

Scott

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:17 PM

Awesome Scott!!! Think about getting your nitrox in Saba...or had you planned to do that already? You'll need it for NC...doubles your bottom time! -ww

formerly...

#9 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

Hey Kamala,

July or August, is one better than the other? I'm interested in this and have found great airfare out of Denver. I always struggle with choices.....

#10 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:03 PM

Awesome Scott!!! Think about getting your nitrox in Saba...or had you planned to do that already? You'll need it for NC...doubles your bottom time! -ww

Oh, good plan. I didn't know if I could do that there, but now that you mention it I'll have to bring extra $$. :cool1:

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

Hey Kamala,

July or August, is one better than the other? I'm interested in this and have found great airfare out of Denver. I always struggle with choices.....

July has more festivities above water and an extra day of diving which if coming all that way makes it a better deal. The water is usually a bit warmer in August but not for the last couple of years...they have been about the same. August usually has better vis but again not in the past few years. So my favorite is 4th of July cuz we get an extra day of diving!

Either trip is good my dear! And it looks like they all will have LOTS of men on them so no worries...its all good! And with Neptuner going...sounds like the entertainment is taken care of as well! :cool1: -ww

formerly...

#12 HandyGeek

HandyGeek

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:51 PM

So my favorite is 4th of July cuz we get an extra day of diving!

That's also my birthday. So if I can make it, you all can have a turn spanking me!

:cool1:

#13 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

Hey Kamala,

July has more festivities above water and an extra day of diving which if coming all that way makes it a better deal. The water is usually a bit warmer in August but not for the last couple of years...they have been about the same. August usually has better vis but again not in the past few years. So my favorite is 4th of July cuz we get an extra day of diving!

Either trip is good my dear! And it looks like they all will have LOTS of men on them so no worries...its all good! And with Neptuner going...sounds like the entertainment is taken care of as well! :thankyou: -ww

Sounds like a great time. I usually do Red Rocks with Blues Traveler on July 4th, which is just an awesome show at an out of this world amphitheather and city wide fireworks, but maybe NC will be a good change. I'm definitely going to do one of them and will let you know soon. More men :cool1: I'm there.

Round trip from Denver to Raleigh is only $254 at the moment. One of those is AA coming through Dallas

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:18 PM

Round trip from Denver to Raleigh is only $254 at the moment. One of those is AA coming through Dallas

Cool you might be on the same flight as other folks from Dallas!! -ww

formerly...

#15 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

I got my flight through United using my miles. I'm getting in on the Wednesday 8/3 and coming back to the bay area on 8/7. Right now I have a room for 8/3 but I do have a friend that lives there so I may just stay with him that night.

Sounds like a blast!!

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users