• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who is going to help with Beneath the Sea?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:22 AM

BTS is a big dive travel and equipment show in north Jersey, are you coming and would you be willing to work at the SingleDivers booth?
Give Kamala and I a break or better yet volunteers putting in 8 hours get free admission from BTS.
http://www.beneaththesea.org/

More info for the volunteers for the BTS show of which we need 56 hrs worth of volunteers:

Volunteer Benefits
Nov 16, 2004

Volunteers working during the full show period, with two or more years of service may elect to be appointed and recognized as Regular Staff, a permanent position upon approval of their Senior Director. This entitles BTS membership, plus permanent id (hard ) badge, and entry to most show events where possible. They may participate in BTS support activities during the year. Please note that “soft” , temporary badges will not be given entry to any event other than listed below.

Volunteers working a minimum of eight (8) scheduled hours:
• Will have free access to the show's exhibits and seminars for the entire weekend.
• Are eligible for staff-rate tickets to the Saturday night party.
• Are eligible for Free entry to the Friday Welcome Party.
Volunteers working a minimum of sixteen (16) scheduled hours over the weekend:
• Will have free access to the show's exhibits and seminars for the entire weekend.
• Are eligible for staff-rate tickets to the VIP Awards Dinner.
• Are eligible for free Film Festival and Cayman Party
• After one year of service, may be eligible for one free hotel room, shared, with the approval of the Senior Director in charge.
• Service at Friday exhibition load-in and Sunday break-down will be given extra recognition.

Code of Conduct
• Prompt arrival at the volunteer station is mandatory.
• No solicitation of vendors for other than Beneath The Sea business.
• Courteous behavior toward staff and attendees.
• Volunteers are expected to work all aspects of the show if and whenever needed.
• Should a problem or situation arise contact the senior director or volunteer coordinator
• Sexual harassment of attendees/staff/volunteers is prohibited

Dress Code
• Volunteers should wear collared shirts or blouses while working, jackets also preferred.
• Jeans, sneakers or t-shirts must not be worn at any time.
• Volunteers must wear suitable attire at evening parties; coats & ties for men.

We are staying at:

Prime Suites Secaucus/Meadowlands
350 Route 3 West Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ

We are booked for 3 nights from Thurs 3/17 to Sunday 3/20.
The room is equipped with 2 Double Beds, a Seperate Living area with a Full Size Hidabed Couch, so we can easily fit more than 4 people in this room if needed.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know on this and here is a link to view the hotel.

Hotel Overview

Here are the exact hours of the show:

Friday - 6pm - 9 pm
Sat - 9am - 5 pm
Sun - 9am - 4:30pm

Below is the schedule as posted on the website:

Beneath The Sea Weekend Schedule at a Glance

DATE TIME EVENT PLACE

Thurs 3/17

9 am - 5 pm
Underwater Society of America Annual Meeting Embassy Suites

Friday 3/18

9 am - 12 noon
Underwater Society of America meeting
Embassy Suites

11 am
Women Divers Hall of Fame Meeting
MEC 2nd Fl

1 pm - 3 pm
Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences Board Meeting
MEC 2nd Fl

3 pm - 9 pm
Buyers Day for Exhibitors MEC

4 pm - 5:30 pm
Exhibitors Welcome Reception
MEC

6 pm - 9 pm
EXHIBITS OPEN To Public
MEC

6pm - 7 pm
Speakers Pre-Production Meeting
Crowne Plaza

6 pm - 9 pm
Tech Diving Conference MEC 3 & 4

9 pm - midnight
Public Tech Rock Party
Embassy Suites

7 pm - 10 pm
“Meet The Fish & Famous” Benefit Reception, Women Divers Hall of Fame, Divers/Year,Show Speakers, Celebrated Ocean Explorers.
Crowne Plaza

Sat 3/19

8:30 am - 4 pm
Public Registration
MEC Lobby

9 am - 5 pm
Seminars, Workshops , Exhibits open
Holiday Inn & MEC 3-4

11 am – 1pm
The Scuba Sports Club Meeting MEC 2nd Fl

1 pm - 3 pm
Women Divers Hall of Fame Membership Meeting
MEC 2nd Fl

6:30 pm - 8 pm
Evening Show Registration
Crowne Plaza

5: pm - 7:30 pm
Diver of the Year Awards Reception & Banquet
Women Divers Hall of Fame Induction
Crowne Plaza

8 pm - 10 pm
FILM FESTIVAL
Crowne Plaza

10 pm - 1 Am
Caymans Decompression Party
Crowne Plaza

Sun 3/20

8:30 am- 3 pm
Public Registration OPEN
MEC Lobby

9 am – 11 am
USOA Northeast Council of Dive Clubs Meeting MEC, 2nd Fl

9 am - 4:30 pm
Workshops, Seminars, Exhibits
MEC, Holiday Inn,

10 am - 2 PM
Women Divers Hall of Fame Brunch
Embassy Suites

1 pm - 3 pm
Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences Membership meeting
MEC, 2nd Fl

10 am - 2 pm
Ocean Pals Theater
MEC Room 3-4

4:30 pm
End BTS 2005 Exhibits Break-down

NEXT BTS:
March 24, 25, 26, 2006

SD Happy Hour:

Attached Images

• BTS_photo.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#2 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:39 AM

BTS is a big dive travel and equipment show in north Jersey, are you coming and would you be willing to work at the SingleDivers booth?
Give Kamala and I a break or better yet volunteers putting in 8 hours get free admission from BTS.
http://www.beneaththesea.org/

I may be able to help out.. not totally sure yet as I would need to get more information.. but I'm sure it would be a lot of fun like Seaspace was last year...

D

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:46 PM

To get a reduced rate booth we need a total of 56 hours of volunteer labor for the BTS show. I can work the SD booth by myself if needed but need some volunteers to help with the show. All volunteers who work a minimum of 8hrs will gain free admission to the show...all volunteers that work our booth will gain free admission to the show and EVERYONE will gain Ray and I's eternal graditude for helping SD to grow!!!

We need more NE representation so please help out if you can.

BTW...we'll do SeaSpace in TX only because I can get a booth for free. And we'll do Long Beach in CA this year as well to start helping people know about us!

Thanks to all! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

Kamala... I all ready have a free ticket to BTS but once I figure out my schedule, I'll let you know and can probably sit the booth for a spell.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:45 PM

Kamala... I all ready have a free ticket to BTS but once I figure out my schedule, I'll let you know and can probably sit the booth for a spell.

Cool! Do you know of anyone that would help at the show...diver or not? If I don't get 56 hours of volunteer work then we won't have a booth. The non-disounted rate is almost $1000 which I dont' have...sorry gang!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:34 AM

My daughter will be volunteering one day, maybe two if I can talk her wantabe diver boyfriend into coming up too. :cool2: :-D
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#7 JohnnyC

JohnnyC

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver- did most of my diving on Okinawa
  • Logged Dives:67

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:55 AM

Hey WW!

Sorry Jersey is a long haul from Houston, especially when I'm in school/academy. Anyway I will be able to help you at Seaspace so just let me know what you need. Ok well I gotta go finish lifting wieghts.

Johnny
The road goes on forever and the party never ends!

#8 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

BTW...we'll do SeaSpace in TX only because I can get a booth for free.

Hey! That's the ONLY reason? And I thought you liked comin' down here to hang with us! :dltears: We'll be planning a HH during SeaSpace, and we'll see if we can round up some volunteers from the Houston group. We can start putting feelers out at the upcoming Houston HH.

If I can find a reason to be in the area for "business" about those dates, I'll happily help you guys out at Beneath the Sea. I'll look into over the next couple of days.

Where are you staying in NJ?

Edited by TheSassyRabbit, 05 February 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

BTW...we'll do SeaSpace in TX only because I can get a booth for free.

Hey! That's the ONLY reason? And I thought you liked comin' down here to hang with us! :dltears: We'll be planning a HH during SeaSpace, and we'll see if we can round up some volunteers from the Houston group. We can start putting feelers out at the upcoming Houston HH.

If I can find a reason to be in the area for "business" about those dates, I'll happily help you guys out at Beneath the Sea. I'll look into over the next couple of days.

Where are you staying in NJ?

Of course its not the ONLY reason!!! LOL!!! But if I had to pay for the show also about $1000 then I might consider doing a new one vs. repeating the same one!

But since I do not pay for the booth...then its a non-issue! :o

And of course we'll do a Happy Hour in Houston and the works! However right now I'm on a tight deadline to see if we can pull off BTS...

With Deb, Ray, Ray's daughter and maybe Ray's daughter's boyfriend and maybe Capt Saaz we are getting closer to the 56 hours of vol work that we need but its still a long shot.

If Ray worked 2 days of the show that is 16 hrs.
If Ray's daughter worked 2 days that is 16 hrs.
If Deb worked 2 days of the show that is 16 hrs.

So far we have 48 hrs. If one more person worked 1 8 hr shift we could pull it off. I have factored me to work the SD booth the entire time which of course some help would be great but only if we can pull off the required hours of volunteer work for the show.

Anyone else want to help out?????

formerly...

#10 fairfield59

fairfield59

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

Sorry WW, but I am totally booked from 5 pm Friday on though Sunday. 2 1/2 hour drive from here so I don't think it would be worth anybodies while for the few hours I might have been able to make it on Friday.

Gerry

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:51 PM

More info for the volunteers for the BTS show of which we need 56 hrs worth of volunteers:

Volunteer Benefits
Nov 16, 2004

Volunteers working during the full show period, with two or more years of service may elect to be appointed and recognized as Regular Staff, a permanent position upon approval of their Senior Director. This entitles BTS membership, plus permanent id (hard ) badge, and entry to most show events where possible. They may participate in BTS support activities during the year. Please note that “soft” , temporary badges will not be given entry to any event other than listed below.

Volunteers working a minimum of eight (8) scheduled hours:
• Are eligible for staff-rate tickets to the Saturday night party.
• Are eligible for Free entry to the Friday Welcome Party.
Volunteers working a minimum of sixteen (16) scheduled hours over the weekend:
• Are eligible for staff-rate tickets to the VIP Awards Dinner.
• Are eligible for free Film Festival and Cayman Party
• After one year of service, may be eligible for one free hotel room, shared, with the approval of the Senior Director in charge.
• Service at Friday exhibition load-in and Sunday break-down will be given extra recognition.

Code of Conduct
• Prompt arrival at the volunteer station is mandatory.
• No solicitation of vendors for other than Beneath The Sea business.
• Courteous behavior toward staff and attendees.
• Volunteers are expected to work all aspects of the show if and whenever needed.
• Should a problem or situation arise contact the senior director or volunteer coordinator
• Sexual harassment of attendees/staff/volunteers is prohibited

Dress Code
• Volunteers should wear collared shirts or blouses while working, jackets also preferred.
• Jeans, sneakers or t-shirts must not be worn at any time.
• Volunteers must wear suitable attire at evening parties; coats & ties for men.

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:09 PM

Hey there are some rumblings we might have a certain group of 4 Texas lovelies heading to NJ to help with the show....looks like we could all crash and do the room sardine thing and airfare is just over $200 so maybe Texas will invade NJ!

Any other states got good rates to NJ? We could do a fun SD thang there! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#13 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:57 AM

Sounds like the vol thing is not at SD table, but the show at large? Is this correct?

Are the suit and tie partys mandatory?

Hard to get this "Good OL' Boy" out of the jeans and tennis shoes :lmao:

Now about the sardine part with the four Texans, I am all choked up :wakawaka:

OK, count me in for eight, are steel toe work boots OK in lieu of tennis shoes?

Or better yet how about my "Chucks" ?

Mike

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:38 AM

And I was hoping to wear my SD Tee shirt :wakawaka:

Signed and Dated

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:12 AM

Sounds like the vol thing is not at SD table, but the show at large? Is this correct?

Are the suit and tie partys mandatory?

Hard to get this "Good OL' Boy" out of the jeans and tennis shoes :lmao:

Now about the sardine part with the four Texans, I am all choked up :wakawaka:

OK, count me in for eight, are steel toe work boots OK in lieu of tennis shoes?

Or better yet how about my "Chucks" ?

Mike

You are right Mike...we need help with the BTS show in order to get a reduced rate booth of only $200 vs. $1000.

The dinners are NOT manditory...in fact I'm sure SD will do its own thing together!

Any days you are officially working on the clock for BTS you must dress in their suggested attire.

On all other days you can wear your SD t's.

Ok a couple more things...I will have general business cards for all members working the show to be able to hand out to people for SD and I've been looking into getting the logo digitized and some embroidery work done. (Ours is difficult with all the stitching and the colors etc.) BUT if I can pull that off we could muster up some 'collared shirts' so that we could have something with SD on it.

The other option might be a patch or badge of some sort.

p.s. Mike are your steel toed boots your 'dress boots'??? If so I guess so but if not then whatever you wear that a tad nicer my dear! :2cool:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users