• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Central Florida Happy Hour - #2

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

Actually Nextariel, i think we have already met... at Scuba Joes for Scuba Radio... Over the summer... I dont have a pic of me up yet... but you will recognize me when you see me i think.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#17 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:19 PM

I dont have a pic of me up yet... but you will recognize me when you see me i think.

Ahem. And just why not? :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 Adelie

Adelie

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

All Star Café at Disney’s Wide World of Sports

is that the one that is over in the middle of Downtown Disney, sort of next to the Dolphin hotel area?

#19 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

All Star Café at Disney’s Wide World of Sports

is that the one that is over in the middle of Downtown Disney, sort of next to the Dolphin hotel area?

No, it is closer to Gaylord Palms and Pop Century. You will get off on the exit after US 192 and Celebration. You will get off I-4 at the Gaylord Palm and Osceola Pkwy exit. I think it is exit 64, but not finding on Yahoo Maps.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#20 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:33 PM

Actually Nextariel, i think we have already met... at Scuba Joes for Scuba Radio... Over the summer... I dont have a pic of me up yet... but you will recognize me when you see me i think.

Ok, checked your profile and you do have a picture posted. Yes, I remember you, looking forward to seeing you again. I did invite Greg from Scuba Radio, so maybe he will show up.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#21 scubawes1

scubawes1

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Cert Level:A.O.W.
  • Logged Dives:116

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

looks like donna can make it too !!

#22 HandyGeek

HandyGeek

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:25 AM

Being that Sharon and I would be coming from Tampa, I'm sure we couldn't be there until 8 or 9. Is that too late? We'd like to go, but if most people are gone by then... well, that just wouldn't be much fun for us. How late can we order food??

Jeff

#23 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

Being that Sharon and I would be coming from Tampa, I'm sure we couldn't be there until 8 or 9. Is that too late? We'd like to go, but if most people are gone by then... well, that just wouldn't be much fun for us. How late can we order food??

Jeff

Actually this location is Tampa friendly. From I-75 and I-4 it should take between 30 and 40 minutes (unless there is a BAD accident). They start serving a lite menu at 8:00 and quit serving by 9:00. I will check next week to see when they close, it varys.

Hope you will both be able to make it.

Appetizers: Chili Cheese Fries, Tossed Salad, Buffalo Wings, Wingers (Boneless Chicken Wings), Soup, Chili
Entrees: Chicken Tenders, Salads, Chicken Sandwich, Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, 1/2 Pound Burgers, Smoked Pork Ribs, Grilled Strip Steak, Southern Fried Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Roasted Chicken, Caesar Salad Wrap, Skillet Pasta, 1/2 Pound Chili Cheese Dog, All Star Salad
Desserts: Deep Dish Apple Pie a la mode, Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Cake, Ice Cream, and Shakes

#24 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:31 PM

no, it is closer to Gaylord Palms and Pop Century. You will get off on the exit after US 192 and Celebration. You will get off I-4 at the Gaylord Palm and Osceola Pkwy exit. I think it is exit 64, but not finding on Yahoo Maps.

Disney's recommended directions are:

From Tampa:

Take I-4 East to exit 62 (World Drive)
Then exit for Wide World of Sports/Osceola Parkway East
Continue on Osceola Parkway East to the first traffic signal
Turn right onto Victory Way
Continue to the All Star Cafe parking

#25 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

Ok, the first page is updated with 'Who's going" and once again we have more females than males. what's up with that? Where are the MEN! :taz:

Edited by nextariel, 24 February 2005 - 05:28 PM.

#26 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

Ok, the first page is updated with 'Who's going" and once again we have more females than males. what's up with that?  Where are the MEN! :taz:

Jill, sounds like the Raleigh list. From the RSVP comments I have been getting some of the women attending don't even dive, but are "interested" in learning. If they are hoping to met men there, good luck!!! I am hoping all the men just show up or RSVP at the last minute (better late then never)
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#27 HandyGeek

HandyGeek

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:55 AM

Actually this location is Tampa friendly.

Yeah, I can see that. But Sharon would first have to travel from St. Pete to Brandon (where I live), then the trek to LBV. Plus, I'm sick today. So, that rules me out. Damn. Maybe next time.

Is the happy hour ever on a Saturday or Sunday? That would be pretty cool actually. SD'ers love to dive together. An evening with the rest of the gang would be a nice addition to that. Just thinking...

#28 DiveWrite

DiveWrite

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Logged Dives:8+

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:40 PM

Darlin', you must be sick if you think today is March 11. :cool2:

If I/we can get a decent start, I'd love to meet everyone! Guess you can count me as a "maybe"?
"Don't obsess on the past. There's a reason the windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror."

"I don't know you except for the way a traveler knows a traveler." -- "Pacific Street," HEM

#29 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:27 PM

Darlin', you must be sick if you think today is March 11. :cool2:

If I/we can get a decent start, I'd love to meet everyone! Guess you can count me as a "maybe"?

Jeff has two weeks to get better. Sure hope you guys can make it, would really like to meet you.

#30 Adelie

Adelie

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:01 AM

I'd like to see if any other Tampa-Brandon folks are planning on going, to try to get some sort of car pool going. interested?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users