• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dates from Hell

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#1 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

I want to hear everyone's Date From Hell stories.

I'd like to tell you a story to get things started, but I don't have one. I do have a related story. I was on an internet site for a little while. Someone I had just started to talk to sent me a naked frontal view photo he took in his bathroom mirror. It showed him from shoulder to mid-thigh. To make it worse, he wasn't even that impressive.

#2 Mishelle

Mishelle

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:55 PM

Sophia,
lol I have had those guys too that think that girls are easily impressed when they send you a shot of "the lil man.' And I agree with you, it is not appropriate nor is it impressive on any level.

My worst dating story is from a guy I met though a site and we agreed to meet up for dinner one night. It took me several months to feel comfortable enough to meet him. We agreed to meet at a restaurant local to me. I got there a little early and of course had my best friend make the back-up call about 20 minutes into the date. The guy, who I will call John, came into the restaurant and walked straight to me. He sat down and the first thing he said was, "Oh my God, you look just like your pictures." I wasn't sure what to say to that other than thank you. We had a nice dinner and the conversation was polite enough. After dinner he suggested we go play pool. I was kind of wanting to go home because I was not feeling the "vibe." But I relented because he was really rather persistent and I didnt want to hurt his feelings. So we went to a local bar that had pool tables. I think it hurt his ego a bit that I played pool better then he did. After a few games (and a few beers on his part), I guess he felt the need to tell me a story about his best friends girlfriend that is so vulgar that I can not even dare repeat it. He also felt , for some insane reason, to tell me that he has three testicles. Ummmmmmmmm..... yeah, I will never get that one! I soon said I had to get going. He walked me to my car and I said good night. He said, don't I even get a kiss. And I told him he knew my rule: No kissing on the first date! (It is a great way to make sure no one feels uncomfortable) I guess he didnt like No, so he grabbed me and kissed me anyway. I was too shocked for words. And I just said, "Good Night John!", got in my car and went home.

Anyway. the experience has made me even more cautious. I am interested to hear everyone else's stories!!! :lmao:
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#3 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

He also felt , for some insane reason, to tell me that he has three testicles. Ummmmmmmmm..... yeah, I will never get that one!

:lmao:

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

As I was wondering the off leash dog park w/my dog this morning I was thinking of posting this topic... way to go Sophia....
I don't know if this qualifies as a date from Hell but here goes.
Met a guy on line (this seams to be a theme here) emailed and talked on the phone for a while. Finally agreed to meet him at a local resturant for dinner. Had ok conversation during dinner, but he kept telling me how wonderfully supportive he was to all his friends, helping the single gals move, make small repairs and stuff. How he had gotten full custody of his daughter and did an awesome job raising her....
I had not finished my dinner so he ask me if he could finish it for me.
Well I went home.. No vibe, spark there.
I got an email the next day from him telling me how much he enjoyed showing me off the night before.. (Last time I check there was not a blue ribbon attatched to my pen). Called him on the comment... He back pedalled and said he just liked being out with me..... :teeth: He must think I'm really dumb...
Lets just say no second date for the cur :lmao:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:59 PM

Ok, I think I'll jump at this one.. and the internet dating thing definitely a theme here so far..

I met this guy I had talked with online for a short amount of time and he wanted to meet the following weekend.. so I thought what the heck I don't have anything going on that weekend so I agreed to meet him... normally I wait much longer before agreeing to meet someone... well I met him at this restaurant and all seemed to go fairly good then while talking with him he suddenly asks if I was on another site and how I looked like someone who recently blew him off and was rude.. well I of course wasn't that person.. to continue the evening and to make a long story short, this guy had no sense of humor and most of the evening I had to listen to him complaining about everything... he was a very bitter person about everything and I was glad when it ended!

Next........

#6 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:38 PM

He also felt , for some insane reason, to tell me that he has three testicles. Ummmmmmmmm..... yeah, I will never get that one!

:lmao:

yes, it is funny now....scary then lol VERY SCARY! Glad you got a giggle too! :lmao:

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

#7 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:34 PM

Ok, I'll share. I corresponded with someone daily for about two months before deciding it was OK to meet. As this was my first 'meeting' of someone online, I was excited and a little nervous. Yes, he was a diver that was a prerequisite of anyone I would consider. I thought I knew quite a bit about him, but apparently there were some things he decided to hide until he met me. We had not spoken on the phone as I won't give out my number to anyone. We arranged to meet for dinner and he had a dozen red roses for me. I was very surprised needless to say, and things got off on a good start. After some conversation about things we had emailed about, he decided to share about some of the women he had met on-line and then about his past relationships. He started with wife number one and continued on through number four. Well wife number four was still wife number four; he was waiting for an annulment. Of course, all of the breakups were the fault of the wife or the wives children. He then told me that he was going to stay over at some friends that night and was meeting another women to go dancing the next night. He pretty much told me that if I was interested I would have to act fast or he would be taken because there were a lot of women interested in him.

Hopefully, he found the next women of his dreams. I should have know better than to continue for another year and a half before finally telling my best friend to shoot me if I ever even thought about trying again.

Oh my, just looked and this one happens to be my 1000 post - how fitting.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

Welcome to the triple digits club, girl!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#9 Genesis

Genesis

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

I have a pretty good one...

I was talking to this woman for a while online and we decided to meet. Agreed to meet at a local Cracker Barrel for dinner - she was going to bring her kids (2), and I was going to bring mine (I only have one).

So anyway, no big deal, right? Friends at this point, kids around, food and that's it.

Had a nice dinner. No real sparks or anything (with three kids there how would there be?), but heh, that's how it goes. Figured if nothing else might have a nice friend out of the deal.

So anyway, next afternoon I needed to drive to an adjacent city to get some boat parts; my kid and I went over there, picked 'em up, and were having dinner before driving home. I get a call on my cell. Its her. She apparently has looked up my address (I had not given it to her!), is sitting in my driveway, and wants to know "where the hell I am"!

Uh, ex-freaking-scuse me?

I told her that this was way too wierd for me, I didn't do stalkers, and that it'd be a really good idea if she wasn't there when I got home.

She wasn't. :lmao:

Edited by Genesis, 12 February 2005 - 07:44 PM.

#10 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

I get a call on my cell. Its her. She apparently has looked up my address (I had not given it to her!), is sitting in my driveway, and wants to know "where the hell I am"!

All anyone needs to get your address is the know how and your phone number.... Thats why when I call someone I call, and I always block my number....

Glad sh was gone, that is way too wierd!

#11 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

Welcome to the triple digits club, girl!!

uhhhh Ms. marvel...That would be quadruple digits I believe....And Jill, That was a pretty sad story...LOL...Oh and whats your phone number? :lmao:
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#12 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

Oh boy, this is shaping up to be one of the more entertaining threads in awhile.... Genesis, I found your story to be the most frightening so far, ha ha....

I don't mean to hijack the topic and send it in a new direction, but I have a question about the whole online dating thing. Since at least some of you have invested considerable time (a month or more) corresponding with a potential match, only to find out that there's no spark (at best) or that the person turns out to be a Date From Hell (at worst) when you finally meet, don't you think it's better to meet in person sooner rather than later? (in a safe, crowded and anonymous location, of course) That way, you don't waste as much time or effort if it turns out the person is a jerk, and don't reveal as much about yourself than you might if you spend several months corresponding with the person before meeting.

I have only recently started experimenting with the online dating thing, and to me, that seems like the best way to go. The Internet is a good venue to find someone, learn more about them and "pre-screen" them, but you never know if there's any chemistry until you actually meet in the flesh. I spent more than a month last fall sending lots of emails back and forth to one woman with whom I hit it off, but then when we met in person, neither of us felt the "spark." I enjoyed meeting her (wasn't a date from hell), but kind of felt like I had wasted a lot of time over-inflating my expectations, etc.

Like I said, I don't mean to send the thread off-course, so if you all think we should keep this on the topic of Dates From Hell, I can split this off and create a new Online Dating thread. Just interested in hearing some opinions, especially from the ladies....

#13 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:54 PM

Well from my experiences with the whole online dating thing which I haven't done in a long time, I have done it both ways, met someone right away and then also waited for a while... granted yes, through chatting with that person or talking over the phone can get your expectations up to only be let down later or is can go the opposite way.. it's always a chance.

One thing to caution though with online dating which I found out myself and heard from both sides many times... a lot of times pictures people post may be a lot older than they say they are, and a lot of times people tend to over inflate their profiles on those things... or to put it more bluntly.. LIE..

Just use caution and don't get your hopes up too high on first meetings from those sites then you have no worries.

Dejah

#14 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

Internet dating is much easier for women than men (although Genesis seems to have no problem!)

My friend twisted my arm and made me get online after my divorce. There were so many men trying to get a date I had a little cheat sheet near my computer with names, number of kids, etc. There was one week I went to lunch and dinner with a different date each day. It was tons of fun and I met lots of interesting guys. It sounds great, but there were no sparks. After several months I was getting discouraged. Then I met Genesis. He sent me an e-mail and I happened to be online. He asked if I wanted to see his webcam. I was REALLY CAUTIOUS about that one! Had gotten the frontal views without being asked in the past. Anyway, I told him I had kids in the room & he laughed. After a few days we met at a restaurant for dinner. THERE WERE FINALLY SPARKS!!! Of course I would like to hear his version....

Probably the worst was the guy with the yellow teeth! YUK!!! We met at a Sushi bar and he said he knew the owner. The chef proceeded to make us all kinds of interesting concoctions, most of which I had never seen. Not your typical Sushi. He tried to get me to drink too much, but I was able to use the "I am driving" and kept my wits about me. Guys, don't try to get a girl drunk on the first date. Even if you get laid, she won't remember it. It is tasteless, and you will probably never see her again! You did ask about Dates from Hell - not the good ones!

#15 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:03 PM

Since at least some of you have invested considerable time (a month or more) corresponding with a potential match, only to find out that there's no spark (at best) or that the person turns out to be a Date From Hell (at worst) when you finally meet, don't you think it's better to meet in person sooner rather than later?

I have done both ways, and I find that I like a good and thorough pre-screening process. Besides, I am generally chatting with a couple of people at a time. But they tend to weed themselves out through "pre-screening." And I have made some great friends. I think it really is a comfort level (and for some of us, a safety issue.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users