• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PNW Dive & Dine

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:41 AM

Has anyone called Mike at Hoodsport n' Dive?

Yeah, I sent a note to Greg that Mike would appreciate a notice ahead of time..
due to our Friends from the South overwhelming Sund Rock.... hehehe in Hoodsport, Oregon...
He idicated he would when the numbers settled in. I'll be the one Mike will yell at when we all show up and he didn't know, or READ the e-mail sent... I'll drop him a line anyway to cover my "Donkey"

Ahh... the Yellow House, so that's where you all stay.... I've never been there, but always see divers right out in front - packing... often wondered what it was like there...

We used to stay at the Lilliwaup, but it's getting a little too run down.. so the thoughts are the Greenbrier?? apparently off season it's just a little more and it has the hot tub... what diving's all about eh?? LOL....

ps. My site is a little confusing but there is a link for a photo gallery there:

http://www.poolesdiv...drock/index.htm

for more UW photos and of the campsites.. Potlatch...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#32 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:00 PM

Has anyone called Mike at Hoodsport n' Dive?

Yeah, I sent a note to Greg that Mike would appreciate a notice ahead of time..

I just got off the phone with Mike at Hood Sport n Dive. I made reservations for 8 divers. That can be adjusted up or down as the time approaches, he said he would call me back on March 10th to confirm.

Greg

Edited by Brinybay, 21 February 2005 - 02:34 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#33 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

Kewl,
I've found it much easier to just snack there and do the 2nd dive and then pack up and "Debrief" afterwards... otherwise too much hassel, loading up, hanging out, loosing parking if crowded etc... and for an hour to hour-thirty, not worth the effort/hassle..

Key is to be there at 9am or earlier, he used to be there at 8:30 or earlier... heheh..must be old age...

Hope that helps..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#34 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:23 PM

Kewl,
I've found it much easier to just snack there and do the 2nd dive and then pack up and "Debrief" afterwards... otherwise too much hassel, loading up, hanging out, loosing parking if crowded etc... and for an hour to hour-thirty, not worth the effort/hassle..

Key is to be there at 9am or earlier, he used to be there at 8:30 or earlier... heheh..must be old age...

Hope that helps..

That would be my vote too, bring munchies and dine when we're done. Thanks for the tip on timing, didn't occur to me to try to beat anybody else for the better parking. Settled.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#35 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:48 AM

....Mike would appreciate a notice ahead of time..
due to our Friends from the South overwhelming Sund Rock.... hehehe in Hoodsport, Oregon...

:lmao: HEY! I resemble that remark! :teeth:

That's right, we travel hours North, snag your great parking, dive your best sites, crap out the viz, pay no sales tax, and return home happy little divers... :welcome:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#36 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:03 AM

.... as it should be... :lmao:
:teeth:
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#37 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

I will be arriving in Portland, OR Friday early afternoon. I will have to rent weights and tanks. Anybody have any suggestions as to whether I should rent them in Portland and just refill tanks either after the Sat dive or before the Sun dive. Or try to rent them from a dive shop Saturday close to dive site, then rent again from Hoodn'Sport dive? I personally feel renting them in Portland may make things easier, but I am open to suggestions.

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#38 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:22 PM

We rent gear including less than year old HP 85 steel tnaks (DIN/Yoke convertible). Click here for more info.

Edited by Dive_Girl, 22 February 2005 - 12:23 PM.

It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#39 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:05 PM

Thanks Dive Girl.

What is the bouyancy of the 85 Steel empty?

I used a steel 95 once , I think it was -3 lbs, but I am not sure.

MNJoe

#40 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:55 PM

The PST tanks the shop rents should be approximately -8.5lbs when full and -2.5lbs when empty - of course we are hoping you'll never really experience the empty tank and would lean towards the approx. -3lbs at minimum 500psi. The tanks are also Enriched Air/Nitrox ready and the shop can fill up to 40% if you are certified.

#41 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

We rent gear including less than year old HP 85 steel tnaks (DIN/Yoke convertible). Click here for more info.

Hey, I like that logo! Is that a NW native rendition of a scuba diver?

#42 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

:wakawaka: Actually its a dog shark drawn by a local artist specializing in Northwest and Alaskan native artwork. It's a one-of-a-kind drawn for us specifically. Both Billy, the shop owner, and I have ties to this type of art. We thought we'd do something different than an octopus that most shops or dive clubs in our area use. And all of us at the shop are shark nuts!

Glad you like it, we do!

Edited by Dive_Girl, 22 February 2005 - 05:01 PM.

#43 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

Thanks again Dive Girl. I will be able to leave my weighted STA at home.

MNJoe

#44 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:05 PM

Does anyone plan on using NITROX? Or will air be the gas of choice?

MNJoe

#45 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

Stupid drysuit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic